Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #43
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Interior is a massive improvement over the 5th gen.
We're gonna hold you to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
This summer I told one of the Camaro Disciples about how the conical speedo lenses on my 67 reminded me of boobies, and how I would always fondle them. (Well ok, I was 18). She thought that was hilarious and told the team. So if the instrument lenses on the 6th gen are conical, you're welcome.
Well if you fondled them when you were 18 I'd hate to see what you'd do to them now you old perv!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #44
nikeair042
VENOM

Drives: Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
The Camaro interior definitely improved since 2010. Things I didn't like in the Camaro interior that I still don't like and are better in Challenger & Mustang:

-Too much hard plastic throughout. And it scratches too easily and in some cases, cracks.
-Was never a fan of the way the interior door handles are looped
-Slightly Cheesy looking speaker grilles in the doors.
-Center HVAC vents with cheap looking directional "knobs"
-MyLink was a MASSIVE improvement over the miserable stereo it replaced. But no option for auto climate control in 2014 is appalling.
-Cup holders are in the direct line of the shifter
-The parking brake lever is incredibly cheap looking and too big/long.
-Speedometer/tack needles were improved in 2012 but the gauges still don't exude quality

Challenger and Mustang interiors might not be much higher quality in materials. But they did a better job on perceived quality.
I liked the original CAMARO steering wheel. Not the Cruz one that is used now. I like the retro gauges down by the shifter, but I'd like to seem them modernized a bit.
Appearance Mods: Red painted calipers, 20% Rear Tint, 35% Side Tint, front side marker tint, G8 GT Visor decals, V8 Badge, L76 oil cap, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, G8 GT Badge, shorty antenna, CF intake tube, CF plenum cover, GXP rear diffuser, red/black shifter, SLP black spoiler, gloss black roof
Performance Mods: Roto-Fab intake, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, hood-vent mod, VMS Tune, 160*, SLP LT headers, Camaro brembo's and rotors, BMR suspension parts, Eibach springs
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #45
allblackeverything

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
Major overhaul needed on the interior. Current interior looks like Rubbermaid put it together. Too much plastic, too much empty space, just nothing that makes you say "wow, this is a nice interior." Challenger has always had (i think) the best interior out of the 3 muscle cars and camaro has had the worst. I don't mind keeping some retro items in the car, but make it look better then just a cheap afterthought.

Yep, yep... and... yep.
allblackeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #46
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
I liked the original CAMARO steering wheel. Not the Cruz one that is used now. I like the retro gauges down by the shifter, but I'd like to seem them modernized a bit.
The original CAMARO steering wheel would have been great if it didn't have the feel of an oversized truck steering wheel. Same problem on the first year C6 Corvette. The best solution would be to use the wheel they have now - which feels great - but replace the Chevrolet logo with a Camaro logo on the airbag.

I also like the retro console gauges and agree that they need a dose of upgrade in the perceived quality department. Too much painted plastic.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #47
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Actually, I think the Mustang might have the best interior. And trust me I am not the "first" person to not like the Camaro interior. I bet that 99.9% of Camaro buyers didn't buy their Camaro for the interior. I love the 10-15's based on the exterior, but the interior is just so bland and full of plastic. That's why I'm hoping the 2016's get a major upgrade inside. And yes, Camaro is #1 sales out of the 3, but it's not because of the interior lol performance and exterior styling are superb.

2014 Challenger:

2014 Camaro:

2014 Mustang:

Your interior shot is of a 2015 Mustang (new design) , but a 2014 Challenger. Go check out the 15 Challenger. Definitely an improvement from 14.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #48
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Actually, I think the Mustang might have the best interior. And trust me I am not the "first" person to not like the Camaro interior. I bet that 99.9% of Camaro buyers didn't buy their Camaro for the interior. I love the 10-15's based on the exterior, but the interior is just so bland and full of plastic. That's why I'm hoping the 2016's get a major upgrade inside. And yes, Camaro is #1 sales out of the 3, but it's not because of the interior lol performance and exterior styling are superb.

2014 Challenger:

2014 Camaro:

2014 Mustang:

Lol... This is the worst pic of the Camaro interior! And the Camaro speedometer pods are better to me than Dodge 2004 speedometers in the challenger and better than the mustangs 2 circles ! Have you seen all 3 interior in person? And why you only post a color interior pic of the challenger? Dodge had the worst out of the 3 ! Check 2009 to 2011 . Now Camaro definitely has better with the 2012 and up interior and have you seen the 1LE or the ZL1 interior? I saw almost every mag give Camaro the best interior design award!

Alot of ppl was picking between the challenger and Camaro but most pick Camaro because of the design and gadgets in the Camaro! All 3 are nice , just to be Camaro gives you more for your money. And performance ...... What ? Where have you been? The Camaro is slower than the challenger and mustang in the straights! So ima have to say you're wrong with that ppl pick the Camaro because of performance! Unless you're talking about on the track!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #49
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The 5th gen interior really is crappy. The 2012 update just made it less crappy. Knowing what GM can do and has done with interiors, the 5th gen is a disappointment.

Sorry not sorry. I'm not going to be a fanboy and pretend the Camaro is 100% perfect. Interior has always been a weak point from day one. And not sure what you're talking about as every mag has pointed that fact out too.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #50
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
fingers crossed modern interior...fingers crossed...
Attached Images

AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #51
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
The 5th gen interior really is crappy. The 2012 update just made it less crappy. Knowing what GM can do and has done with interiors, the 5th gen is a disappointment.

Sorry not sorry. I'm not going to be a fanboy and pretend the Camaro is 100% perfect. Interior has always been a weak point from day one. And not sure what you're talking about as every mag has pointed that fact out too.
Uh , what mag picked a challenger interior over the Camaro? The interioris the weak point for the C5 but that's because of the material. design wise, it's way better and that's what matters. And I'm no fan boy because I don't like non of Chevy new cars except the C7 ! The Malibu I liked before they put that new front on it! other wise, I take alot of Dodge cars over Chevy new ones!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #52
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Lighter weight and BETTER interior is a MUST for me or im done with camaros. Do or Die GM..come on.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #53
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Lighter weight and BETTER interior is a MUST for me or im done with camaros. Do or Die GM..come on.
Make sure that you're more specific with GM! Better quality interior!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #54
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Make sure that you're more specific with GM! Better quality interior!
Ive let them know
Old 10-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #55
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Ive let them know
hahaha...
Old 10-31-2014, 07:21 PM   #56
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Agree with changing the lettering style. I hate the slanted SS, RS, etc. badges. I've gone retro on the grille and trunk, and if I could figure out a way to sh*t-can that stinking little slanted SS on the steering wheel I'd replace that too. Hate it!

Oh yeah... I think the bowties look cheap and hate them too!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote