Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-30-2016, 01:19 AM   #15
Ohji-san

Drives: 2016 2LT RS V6 A8 BVM/Kala NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo96 View Post
The mylink unit just doesn't respond the touch! Yeah it works (music and hard buttons) but it doesn't respond and the dealership allready re-program it and it did the same thing:(. Is this happend to anybody here?
My Mylink just started to do the same thing this evening. First, the audio keep changing the station back to a certain channel as if a button was stuck, then a message came up saying it was unable to find the audio source or something like that but the touch screen didn't function. After I restarted the car, that message screen went away, it recognized my Apple CarPlay connection but the touch screen didn't work and still doesn't.

Guillermo96, did you finally get it repaired? What did they do?
Ohji-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #16
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohji-san View Post
My Mylink just started to do the same thing this evening. First, the audio keep changing the station back to a certain channel as if a button was stuck, then a message came up saying it was unable to find the audio source or something like that but the touch screen didn't function. After I restarted the car, that message screen went away, it recognized my Apple CarPlay connection but the touch screen didn't work and still doesn't.

Guillermo96, did you finally get it repaired? What did they do?
I had this exact same issue a few months back. Twice I had to take it to the dealership. The first time they just reprogrammed it and said it was fixed. Four days later it started doing it again pushing buttons randomly and changing stations. Contacted GM they did me right with a small GM credit and replaced the mylink display with a new one. This was a few months ago so far it hasn't messed up again.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #17
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
GM seems to have an ongoing issue with the HMI modules in their vehicles. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra that I got 3/2016, it worked fine until I had the Android auto updated at the end of March. Since then the infotainment screen would randomly go blank and turn off and then re-boot and come back on.

3 weeks ago the system died fully, took it to dealer and deemed defective HMI module, replaced with new one only after I emailed the corporate executives of GM when I was told GM has no HMI in the USA and none on order. 3 days later a new HMI module was sent in and installed.

The next day it re-booted again, then two weeks later it died fully, then a LINUX programming screen came on and wouldn't go away. Dealer said a new bulletin said to disconnect battery and if it doesn't reset the HMI is bad, mine was bad (2nd one). Dealer got their hands on the 3rd one, it was bad once installed and programmed. Had to wait on the 4th HMI module to be sent in. That was installed and deemed fixed and I was sent on my way.

Picked the truck up yesterday, and today the new module reset twice. Spoke with the executive liaison and the dealership service manager, they are going to push this further up the chain to see if they can get some engineering people involved.

Word I got from someone high up was this is a known issue, but that a software fix wouldn't be out until Q1 of 2017.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:08 PM   #18
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
I just had to get mine replaced. Screen turned black and never came back on.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #19
miketan

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
This happened to me this morning :( it's not coming on no matter what i try doing.
miketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #20
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketan View Post
This happened to me this morning :( it's not coming on no matter what i try doing.
Get ready to wait weeks and maybe months. I'm currently on day #16 with no Mylink and no solution. GM called yesterday to advice STILL NO ETA on the HMI module required to fix my car. They promised goodwill credits of some sort once its fixed and they can put a price tag on my inconvenience.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #21
robsclusive

Drives: 2016 2SS HyperBlue Camaro
I had 2 instances of the screen not being able to recognize touch then this morning the screen just went completely black. Backup camera wont show either. Gonna call the dealer today to bring it in. FML. It's one thing after another with this car. I knew that the 1st batch of the new gens will have hiccups but not this much. *sigh
robsclusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #22
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
mine just went blank. Do they fix this through the Computer? I have to remove my diablo tune if so.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #23
Smuuth

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1
Who knows the TSB number for this issue?
Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:25 PM   #24
The Alien

Drives: 2017 2SS Covertible
Add me to the list...

It just happened to me this afternoon, Display blank, volume knob and buttons don't work.

Checked all the fuses and disconnected the battery, no luck.

I can control the radio from the steering wheel but I can't turn it off.
No Bluetooth
No backup camera
No USB
The Welcome logo is not even shown on the instrument cluster (I guess everything is related but I wanted to give some details)

I think I need to call Service tomorrow :(

oh, just saying, 1.400 miles on it

**Update

I'm here at the Chevy Service and I am a kind of ....confused (I don't want to get ban using other words)

so, they told me they may not be able to fix the car since there is an aftermarket alarm and they are sure it's the cause.

It's funny because:
They didn't even see the car yet and they are sure it is, the Service Advisor spoke with the technician and he confirmed that
The alarm was installed by the Chevy Dealer where I bought the car.
I didn't ask for any aftermarket installation. I didn't even know it was something added like that.

however, it's sad/funny/insane that a part installed by an authorized Chevy Service can void the Chevy Warranty itself !

they have the car checking right now, and if they will prove it was the alarm (I doubt it since it's a common issue I see here) they are going to charge me $150 for the diagnostic and I need to go to the other dealership to repair it.

Obviously, I called the other dealer and they said they didn't do anything wrong and the service where I have the car now doesn't want to work.

I understand that but they don't want to talk each other and now it's my problem only.

The original dealer is far from home and it will mean taking two days off from work, one to leave it and one to take it back (they told me it will not be quick), something I can't afford now.

I will let you know how this cr@p will end, I just hope they will change their mind and they will honor the warranty on a 22 days old, 1400 miles car and already the second time at a Service Shop!

My first Chevy experience is not going to be as expected.

Last edited by The Alien; 06-13-2018 at 12:13 PM.
The Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #25
The Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuuth View Post
Who knows the TSB number for this issue?
I've found this one but it doesn't say a lot

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...99148-2280.pdf
Old 06-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #26
awpti

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro; 2016 4Runner
Dealing with this as well.

Replaced once due to bad HMI.

Worked for 3 days, problem has returned, but it's different now; the screen only blows up if bluetooth is connected.

Scheduled to take it in on Tuesday next week.
awpti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #27
The Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by awpti View Post
Dealing with this as well.

Worked for 3 days, problem has returned, but it's different now; the screen only blows up if bluetooth is connected.
Quick question:

do you have the "Passive Lock" setting on by chance?

I'm driving crazy with this stuff but I have an idea on what it could be...

I'm doing some research and it looks there could be two separated issues.

One, when the display if fully blank, is one wiring between the display and the HMI, specifically the LIN bus 5 between the ICS and HMI.

In other cases, display blank or crashes or strange behavior is a memory dump issue.

When the car turns off, the HMI save the data from RAM to a Solid State Memory. For some reasons, passive lock or strange combination of passenger/driver door lock/unlock, the HMI doesn't have time to dump the memory on time before the power shuts off and this cause the system to crash.

that's why, re-flashing the software (or replacing the module) works for few days but then it restarts again.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:10 PM   #28
awpti

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro; 2016 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
Quick question:

do you have the "Passive Lock" setting on by chance?
I do. However, I noticed the issue stopped when I disconnected BlueTooth.

Today, it has been working fine (via BT only - plugging in = crash). I'm leaning towards android auto. It does not crash when connected to my work iPhone w/ CarPlay.
awpti is offline   Reply With Quote