Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #43
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
I'll be honest.. I love the chopped look. One thing that turned me away from the Mustang was the 'jellybean' look. Just my opinion.

Now, if they could get rid of the stupid shark fin on the roof that would be great.
Even a nominal 1" increase in window or overall height would make many reevaluate the Camaro, that's what I'm saying. Would still be miles away from the jellybean catfish look, yet open new minds.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #44
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Personally, I don't think there will be a Gen 7. Slow sales, changes in the market, where is the return on the investment? I would hate to see it killed off (again), but I think the 2019 won't sell more with the new front end look, so the market will speak to the GM Management team. It's all about the numbers. Not us enthusiasts.
Don't be so sure. When Ford made the S550 look way more "tame" and "refined", like what Chevy is going for with the refresh, their sales skyrocketed with the 6 and Ecoboost. With Chevy adding the I4T, there's no doubt in my mind they're hoping to ramp up sales in the same manner Ford did.

Let's see what actually happens, but I'd bet money we'll see way more Camaros on the road after the refresh drops. Especially after speaking to non-enthusiasts and most of them preferring the refresh to the original. Seems like only enthusiasts are mad about the refresh.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #45
luke2220

Drives: 16 black on black camaro rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodyauto View Post
I know, I know, the 2019 refresh was just unveiled (and hasn't even hit the lots yet) but being a 6th gen owner (2016 SS) I was just curious, do you think the 2019 refresh will last as long as the 5th gen refresh before an entirely new generation comes out?

Reason I am curious is because for a couple years I have been thinking of upgrading to a 2SS and with the recent refresh, I am going to hold off a little longer. That said, looking at the 5th gen, the refresh only lasted 2 years before the now 2016 6th gen came out. Do you think GM would follow the same timeline OR are do you think they will keep the 6th gen around a little longer?

Below I broke down the timeline of the 5th gen, and the current timeline of the 6th, to make it easier:

5th Gen
  • 2012 (very minor interior refresh)
  • 2014 - Refresh

6th Gen
  • 2019 - Refresh

Looking above, the 5th gen lastest 6 years and the 6th gen is going on it's 4th year with this refresh (a year sooner than previously done). I am guessing the 2021 might be the last of the 6th gen, at MOST, topping out the generation with 6 production years.

I know this is WAY too soon but just curious to hear your thoughts?

personally i think the 2019 refresh is ugly and they made it look less like a camaro and more like a sedan front end. the SS front end is super ugly the black plastic piece makes it look cheap and not aggressive at all. The RS actually looks better than the SS and that's not how its supposed to be haha

NPP Fuse Pull Exhaust Upgrade!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdkmmIe1gY
DIY Inexpensive undercarriage washer!
https://youtu.be/a2iMtVYMw9I
Make tires look new!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGQyzzpEH8o
Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDo...2UkgZW05nJPSHA
Second Youtube Channel (Money topic):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM5...4LWhcVaTjmPnkg
luke2220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #46
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
I want to see Chevy make the Camaro a 2 seater, let it take the place of the Vette. I think they should come out with a v8 powered sedan for those who want more room, basically a Chevy 6.2L version of the ATS-V. I'd like to see at a bump up in displacement (for the displacement junkies out there, and bragging rights you know), thinking (wishfully I might add) that it'd be a 6.8L (~416ci) 525/525 naturally aspirated beast...oh and look 1000X times better than that 2019 "refresh".
Chevy has been down that road with ththe SS. They discontinued it because it didn’t sell. Not to mention sedans are on the chopping block because of the SUV craze.

I also think the Camaros and Corvettes have two completely different market shares. IMO camaro owners don’t really want a Vette and vice versa. Chevy won’t be getting rid of either model anytime soon because the are both iconic historic muscle cars that represent the brand more than any other car.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:25 PM   #47
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I don't think the SS was ever meant to sell. I think they just used it to keep the plant running till it shut down or something along those lines.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #48
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Yes...much much to soon. Just sit back and enjoy the 6th gen.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #49
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
Chevy has been down that road with ththe SS. They discontinued it because it didn’t sell. Not to mention sedans are on the chopping block because of the SUV craze.

I also think the Camaros and Corvettes have two completely different market shares. IMO camaro owners don’t really want a Vette and vice versa. Chevy won’t be getting rid of either model anytime soon because the are both iconic historic muscle cars that represent the brand more than any other car.
The SS was never meant to be high volume. It was meant to boost Holden production in Australia.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #50
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The SS was never meant to be high volume. It was meant to boost Holden production in Australia.
And there is a restriction on the number of vehicles that could be imported from Australia. Pontiac GTO had the same issue. Basically, the GTO was a re-badged Holden Monaro.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #51
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefemanG View Post
Don't be so sure. When Ford made the S550 look way more "tame" and "refined", like what Chevy is going for with the refresh, their sales skyrocketed with the 6 and Ecoboost. With Chevy adding the I4T, there's no doubt in my mind they're hoping to ramp up sales in the same manner Ford did.

Let's see what actually happens, but I'd bet money we'll see way more Camaros on the road after the refresh drops. Especially after speaking to non-enthusiasts and most of them preferring the refresh to the original. Seems like only enthusiasts are mad about the refresh.
GM didn't add an I4T. The 2.0T was the base engine since the start of the 6th gen in 2016. Only thing they did was add the 1LE package to the 2.0T.

For those saying ditch the rear seat... Despite it being useless for most passengers, it has its use of reducing the cost of insurance.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #52
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
I'll be honest.. I love the chopped look. One thing that turned me away from the Mustang was the 'jellybean' look. Just my opinion.

Now, if they could get rid of the stupid shark fin on the roof that would be great.
I respect you opinion even though I don't share it. I believe you're in the minority though a d most Camaro owners would rather have more glass. The original
certainly didn't look chopped.

Maybe I'm wrong.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #53
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I respect you opinion even though I don't share it. I believe you're in the minority though a d most Camaro owners would rather have more glass. The original
certainly didn't look chopped.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Am NOT a fan of the chopped look or higher belt lines. But it seems the direction GM is going on several models. So maybe we are in the minority?
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #54
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
With the Vette going mid-engine that leaves an opening for the Camaro to go p market. Lose the back seat and become more expensive.

I personally hope the 7th gen is on its way. Looking at the 2019 refresh I can honestly say that I will not even consider replacing my car the 2019.
911 porsches are upmarket and they have back seats. Doesn't make sense for the camaro to lose its seats. That's what the vette is for.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:16 PM   #55
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Anyone know when the new Transformers movie is coming out? I'm curious about the look of the 7th gen.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:23 PM   #56
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodyauto View Post
I know, I know, the 2019 refresh was just unveiled (and hasn't even hit the lots yet) but being a 6th gen owner (2016 SS) I was just curious, do you think the 2019 refresh will last as long as the 5th gen refresh before an entirely new generation comes out?

Reason I am curious is because for a couple years I have been thinking of upgrading to a 2SS and with the recent refresh, I am going to hold off a little longer. That said, looking at the 5th gen, the refresh only lasted 2 years before the now 2016 6th gen came out. Do you think GM would follow the same timeline OR are do you think they will keep the 6th gen around a little longer?

Below I broke down the timeline of the 5th gen, and the current timeline of the 6th, to make it easier:

5th Gen
  • 2012 (very minor interior refresh)
  • 2014 - Refresh

6th Gen
  • 2019 - Refresh

Looking above, the 5th gen lastest 6 years and the 6th gen is going on it's 4th year with this refresh (a year sooner than previously done). I am guessing the 2021 might be the last of the 6th gen, at MOST, topping out the generation with 6 production years.

I know this is WAY too soon but just curious to hear your thoughts?
Being that the interior wasn't refreshed, my belief is that 2021 will be the first model year of the 7th generation.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote