Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-16-2016, 06:49 AM   #43
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
For me the convertible is to high. $7000 increase over coupe is just to high. The Vette is 1/2 that price for a vert. There vert increase is crazy.
Per my memory the Corvette adds $5000 to the coupe MSRP for the convertible.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #44
Joey Rosario

Drives: 2016 SS Camaro 2SS
My 2SS car was Destination Charge $995.00
Installed Options
Black Metallic Rally Stripes $470.00
Sunroof, power with express open and venting $900.00
Bright Yellow $395.00
Audio system, Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation and 8" diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock $495.00
Transmission, 8-speed automatic $1,495.00
Exhaust, dual-mode, performance $895.00
Total Options $4,650.00
MSRP* $46,945.00

I paid 44 OTD....

Joey Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:02 AM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
For me the convertible is to high. $7000 increase over coupe is just to high. The Vette is 1/2 that price for a vert. There vert increase is crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Per my memory the Corvette adds $5000 to the coupe MSRP for the convertible.

Laborsmith
The Stingray's convertible requires a $4000 premium.

Consider that it looks like the same system...a $60,000 car's system...just bigger, and more robust to deal with the size of the top.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 9.57.39 AM.png
Views: 578
Size:  87.7 KB
Old 03-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #46
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
This is not a logical argument, I'm sorry. All of this is based on basic mathematics, and has nothing to do with fanboyism, so the attempted insult rings a bit hollow; but thanks for trying.

Just because you CAN option up a car to the moon with accessories, doesn't mean the car in general, is expensive.

A 2SS starts at $41,300, and that's a loaded car with tech, appearance, comfort, and safety equipment. Put Mag Ride and NPP, and you've got an M4-beating car for less than 45 grand. Ground effects, 6-pistons, and "etc" are all fluff that is only needed based on preference by the buyer alone. In those cases, the buyer will WANT to spend that money...and so still...it wouldn't be "overpriced".

What you're proposing is akin to telling someone the 5th gen SS was too expensive because a 2SS plus the $4500 21" wheel package made it too pricey.

Furthermore,

The turbo four cylinder starts at $26,700, right in line with the rest of the competition (except it includes more stuff standard), and the SS models are expensive because they're heavily contented. Add a track pack to every Mustang GT that is compared to compensate for their lack of standard track cooling, and consider that each SS bears the costs of standard RS equipment.

The reality is, the Camaro line is not "overpriced."...

...The upper performance models are just heavily contented, and the price reflects that.

Please, let's try not to turn this into a 5th vs 6th, in any way...

Seriously you should start warning and suspending people complaining about price - how many threads do we need with "when I click every option box (they leave that part out though) the car is too expensive."

annoyed to death trying to reason with these people.

I have an idea for all you that think it's too expensive....

DON'T BUY ONE!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #47
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Seriously you should start warning and suspending people complaining about price - how many threads do we need with "when I click every option box (they leave that part out though) the car is too expensive."

DON'T BUY ONE!
Can't, and won't, suspend people for thinking things. But...if individuals take up a crusade, repeatedly, and degrade the quality of the website accordingly, consequences will follow...as we have done in the past. I hate that.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #48
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Will we start banning people who complain about the quality too?

The reason why there are so many posts by so many people is because it's a legitimate concern of people. Just banning and deleting posts reeks of fanboy conspiracy/coverup.

I'd say just create a "Price Discussions" megathread in the Pricing & Ordering sub-forum and call it good.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:22 AM   #49
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Prices are fine to me until the tax hits in crazy states. I really, really hate the high sales tax. Makes the whole thing harder to swallow, even if it's worth it
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #50
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Prices are fine to me until the tax hits in crazy states. I really, really hate the high sales tax. Makes the whole thing harder to swallow, even if it's worth it
sales tax where my office is is currently 10%....one of the many reasons I am moving far away from my office and will gladly enjoy a long commute lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #51
xmonger

Drives: Too many
Quote:

DON'T BUY ONE!
It's one thing to disagree but to censor other people's opinions is another ballgame. You can easily tell what the thread is about via it's title. You don't have to jump in if it gets under your skin.

Back on topic ; from a bang for the buck perspective I feel the SS is not overpriced. It's a lot of car for the money, even at MSRP. However, GM has to do a better job convincing the public that this car has leaped categories and is no longer a pony car but a true sport car. The fact that it looks very similar to the prior gen hasn't helped. Not everyone reads C&D or Motortrend to understand what has occurred with the new gen vehicle.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #52
xmonger

Drives: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Yep, the state makes more money on each car sold than the manufacturer or dealer in most cases.

In NJ it's 7% + 4 year mandatory registration fees upfront + title/tags or about $4k on a nicely optioned SS.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:02 AM   #53
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
my theory all along is they want more V8 buyers to buy V6 and V6 buyers to buy 4's, with the price moving up, for fuel economy reasons.
still with all the talk about high 40's for loaded up SS's people seem to forget, or just don't know, that even back in the 1st generation a loaded Z/28 or RS/SS could overlap the Corvette's price.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #54
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:

DON'T BUY ONE!
Who complained about price?? A simple question was port forth, if it offends you don't read it.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #55
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The V6's saw an even bigger price jump than the SS's.

To get what the 2LT had before, you have to add the lighting package, where before you got the ambient lighting and HUD as part of the 2LT.

I don't think GM wanted people to buy more Camaro's at all, they wanted to make more money on each Camaro.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:07 PM   #56
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Yes they are too high. The SS models anyway. I priced out a loaded 2SS 6th gen on Chevy.com. Brembo (front only brakes), ground effects, dual mode etc etc and the MSRP was over $50,000 before dealer markup.

I checked my local Chevy dealer and they have some bare bones SS 6th gens on the lot and the cheapest is around $46,000.
I don't care how much "better" the car is than the previous gen, Chevy has made it too expensive for a significant portion of Americans. Also there seem to be a lot of little issues with this being the first year of the 6th gen and all.

I ended up buying a 2015 1LE from my dealer last month instead of the 6th gen. It had 2SS, RS, Dual Mode etc and paid $39,000 out the door. I can't even imagine what the 2017 1LE is going to cost. My bet is 55-60 grand. Wait and see.
In all fairness, the days for avg. Joe to buy a new V8 muscle car is going bye bye. The prices will only go up here on out. You basically better be in the upper middle class to own one. Unless you're selling drugs. Then...you shouldn't have a prob getting it. Lol

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote