Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-24-2017, 09:03 PM   #15
2 Sweet
Oozing Machismo

Drives: '89 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Its 110% worth it, cause you are going to spend that money anyway with a regular SS without the 1LE pack and you wont have all the cool stuff. It offers a lot for the money.

It is so worth it on the streets; the car feels extremely stable, its planted, it puts the power down perfectly, car is really well balanced. Doesnt matter if you do not track, normal driving is so much fun!

Just the wheels are worth the extra cash.

Advice; inspect closely the body near the tires...stock Goodyears are terrible for throwing rock debris. Buy mud flap ASAP.

the shifter and steering wheels are worth it too.

Cant go wrong seriously.
^ Great stuff. Solid points. I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightriderM3 View Post
Something to consider is the resale value. I'm going to guess that the 1le will hold it's value better than your everyday SS.
^ Another great point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmta View Post
I was looking at the ss 5th gens , but loved the look of the 1le's when they came out . I found a 2ss 1le a month ago with 4400 miles and love it . Like having the different look than all the other ss cars out there , it's gm certified and still has original warranty , so a piece of mind if anything happens . Go for it and enjoy it .

]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/spicegto/crt%201le_zpsyzpngwlx.jpg[
^ True. There are three regular SS cars in my neighborhood alone. I would prefer something less common. PS, yours looks GREAT! I love that color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
Buy the 1LE if you can. If you're a mod hungry kind of guy you can start with a SS like I did, but you wont have the 1LE diff/gears which is worth the money itself.
^ I've been mod hungry with almost every car I've owned. It would be nice to buy something that I don't feel the need to mod right out of the box. For what it's worth, you have one of the best looking cars on this site IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
We have a 13 1LE, and love it. That being said, I would have to look at a Gen 6 1LE before I bought a Gen 5. The Gen 6 is a better performing car. Price may become an issue for you, and if so, you will not go wrong with the Gen 5, but I would give it a look.
^ I can't afford a 6th gen with the options I would want, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
You may not road course now, but if you buy a 1LE you will want to. The handling is that much better. And make sure to get the Recaros, no sunroof.
^ Another great point. I won't be getting a sunroof since I'm 6'3" so I would prefer more headroom, plus I wouldn't use it anyway.

How many of these cars came with Recaros? I've only seen two in the months I've been looking. Also, they are all black, white, yellow, or bright red. I've seen ONE silver, and zero Blue Ray (or is it Blue Velvet?), zero Ashen Gray, and zero of the dark red (is it Crystal Red or Red Rock?). The latter three colors are the ones I like best, and they are the colors I never come across.
2 Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:22 PM   #16
JKiss45

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Spring for the 1LE! I feel like I get a lot more stares than I would in a regular SS.
As far as color goes, don't get red! We can't have two Red Hot 1LE's running around Hilliard!!! haha
JKiss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:30 PM   #17
2 Sweet
Oozing Machismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKiss45 View Post
Spring for the 1LE! I feel like I get a lot more stares than I would in a regular SS.
As far as color goes, don't get red! We can't have two Red Hot 1LE's running around Hilliard!!! haha
Hey, another Columbus/Hilliard guy! Small world!

At this point I can't find any reason NOT to get a 1LE. The slight bump in price over a regular SS seems like it's definitely worth it

Last edited by 2 Sweet; 05-24-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #18
JKiss45

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'll be following to see what you end up with! If you're ever on Hilliard-Rome keep an eye out for me.
JKiss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:41 PM   #19
2 Sweet
Oozing Machismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKiss45 View Post
I'll be following to see what you end up with! If you're ever on Hilliard-Rome keep an eye out for me.
Will do! I'm there quite often. I used to live in the shitty apartments off of Hilliard Rome just south of Feder. A couple years ago I bought a house a couple miles away near Leap/Cemetery Rd.

It'll probably be a while before I end up buying anything. Too much stuff going on this summer. But once fall rolls around I'll turn up the heat and start the hunt
Old 05-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #20
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Love my 1LE, and I think you're right on with the look of the 14-15's. That said, I bought it over a standard SS because I planned on tracking it some, and appreciated the engineering Chevrolet engineers did to make it a solid track capable car. If you don't want to spend the extra $$ over a stock SS, I wouldn't. If the cost isn't an issue, buy the 1LE for the better handling, but I doubt the difference in resale would net you much when it comes time to sell it.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #21
2014white2ssrs1le

Drives: 2014 white 2ss rs 1le
Love my '14 2SSRS1LE! and I was also in the exact same boat as you. Used to have a supercoupe tbird and then a GTO, got married bought a house...etc. Now I'm back and I looked at SS, 1LE, and zl1. The 1LE just spoke to me. Looks, handling and driveability. My wife loves that it has heated seats, great infotainment system other than you can't change the default start-up audio source :( Since having my 1LE the only thing I've wanted to change after I did resonator delete and fuse pull has been a tune. After a tune I will be very happy. Throttle response and overall power is just a tad low for me. Other than that, I can't get enough of this car.
2014white2ssrs1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #22
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
SS should have been 3.91 gearing out of the box imo. Save yourself the trouble.
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #23
BlackenedRR

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE, Recaros, NPP
The choice was easy for me, it was a 2015 1LE or no Camaro at all. I knew when I started my search that a regular SS was just gonna get upgraded anyway, so there was no point in starting there. And at the time the Z/28 was still just out of my price range, even with me playing with my budget in every conceivable way to make it work while not completely disregarding things like food and electricity. I've had my 1LE for just over a year now, and I couldn't be happier! Even now that the price on Z/28's have come down a little and my income has gone up a lottle, I still smile every day when I get in my car and fire it up. I've put 21,000 miles on it in 15 months, and I've been smiling for damn near every single one of them. And I still haven't made it to the track yet, but I will soon!
BlackenedRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:39 PM   #24
2014white2ssrs1le

Drives: 2014 white 2ss rs 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedRR View Post
I've put 21,000 miles on it in 15 months, and I've been smiling for damn near every single one of them. And I still haven't made it to the track yet, but I will soon!
I like that...Mine is my DD and hell yes I put miles on it, that is why I bought it. Also, even Randy Pobst said while tracking the 1LE it basically feels like a Z/28 minus the 75HP.
2014white2ssrs1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #25
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F. View Post
SS should have been 3.91 gearing out of the box imo. Save yourself the trouble.
But they used the MM6 TR6060 which has taller ratios (except for 4th) so the overall ratios are almost the same as the SS with a 3.45 screw (except for 4th).

The M10 6060 with a 3.91 final drive will have an advantage on the 1LE.

The 1LE does use smaller radius tires which add almost a 3% gain, but the SS (3.91) will still have a greater overall torque multiplication (except for 4th).

In the Gen6 the SS has a 3.73 final drive and uses the MM6 trans, but also has smaller tires than the 5th Gen SS. It will have a slight advantage in 3rd and a bit more in 4th over a stock (3.45) 5th Gen SS.

So you could say Chevy did those with an SS who install the 3.91s a favor.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:21 PM   #26
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Why not? Because I have one and don't want you to copy me
Old 05-25-2017, 11:39 PM   #27
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
But they used the MM6 TR6060 which has taller ratios (except for 4th) so the overall ratios are almost the same as the SS with a 3.45 screw (except for 4th).

The M10 6060 with a 3.91 final drive will have an advantage on the 1LE.

The 1LE does use smaller radius tires which add almost a 3% gain, but the SS (3.91) will still have a greater overall torque multiplication (except for 4th).

In the Gen6 the SS has a 3.73 final drive and uses the MM6 trans, but also has smaller tires than the 5th Gen SS. It will have a slight advantage in 3rd and a bit more in 4th over a stock (3.45) 5th Gen SS.

So you could say Chevy did those with an SS who install the 3.91s a favor.
Overall gearing is nearly identical for gears 1,2,5,6. 3rd is closer to 4th in the 1LE. I only use 3rd and 4th on the track, so it would help me a lot. I have 19 inch wheels which helps some. The drop in revs from 3rd to 4th vs the 1LE costs me time for sure as the gap is wide.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #28
BadFrog

Drives: 2013 White 1SS 1LE (? of 72)
There are Two 15 White 1LE's for sale in Tampa Florida, a little higher then your looking (one is 29K the other is 31k) for but worth the price PM me and I'll pass the info on to the sellers.

Last edited by BadFrog; 05-29-2017 at 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling
BadFrog is offline   Reply With Quote