Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #57
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Kooks is an outstanding product and I had them on my SC G8 and they fit perfectly. Loved them.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #58
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooks Headers View Post
This is the first we are hearing about this type of issue. We have been in touch with PRAY to see if we could offer any help. Based on his experience and what some of you have posted up, we will be offering a piece of heat wrap to cover this wire loom in question with our Kooks Headers.

We try to look at all possible issue when we are designing our headers for any application. In this case we felt we were able to move the loom away from the header enough to eliminate any issue. But, based on this feedback we will include the heat wrap as well for added protection.

If any of you guys have Kooks Headers and would like to get the heat wrap piece from us (no charge), please email me at mneal@kooksheaders.com

Thank you and Keep Kookin' With Kooks!
It was an over site on my part. I should have removed the reservoir and I would have seen the harness. I did it off my back and simply missed it. Why mine is so bent out or how it ended up moving the rest of the way to hitting the header is unknown. I did obviously look around all the tubes and didn't notice anything close to the headers that I could see.

At least it happened to me first and everyone can learn from it. Stuff happens and you learn from it and move on.

Thanks again for everyone that helped out.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #59
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
BTW -No Charge for my Help

"Well the dudes at the dealership didn't want to listen so I went down there today and ADM was right"

The part we have will be available on our website soon. We have the firsleeve in stock right now ,but the shield is not #1 on our list of New to Market Items.
Thanks for the killer deal. This car is breaking me.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #60
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooks Headers View Post
This is the first we are hearing about this type of issue. We have been in touch with PRAY to see if we could offer any help. Based on his experience and what some of you have posted up, we will be offering a piece of heat wrap to cover this wire loom in question with our Kooks Headers.

We try to look at all possible issue when we are designing our headers for any application. In this case we felt we were able to move the loom away from the header enough to eliminate any issue. But, based on this feedback we will include the heat wrap as well for added protection.

If any of you guys have Kooks Headers and would like to get the heat wrap piece from us (no charge), please email me at mneal@kooksheaders.com

Thank you and Keep Kookin' With Kooks!
This is definitely not a Kooks issue. The wire bundle in question may not sit flush with the frame rail. The way it is secured pushes the middle outward towards the header. In PRAY's case it was enough to make contact. Mine was about .5" away. I put some high temp shield tape on mine and it's fine.

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #61
SGDM

Good thread Pray and good to hear you found the issue, had a similar one on mine. It is good to see the Hot Rod family jump in and help the brothers fix stuff. Can you send me some Mo-Jo for 10's. Good Luck brother.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote