Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 11-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #57
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
This hasn't been proven yet according to what I read. Yes, it cuts timing a bit, as it is suppose to, but it depends on how you drive when not using no lift shift. If you full on power shift yes, but many don't want to do that. If you lift in any way it would depend on just how much/how little you lift and how quick you are to determine anything.

...way too many variables to make that statement.
although ive been out of the game for a few years, ive been doing this for quite a while. im about as confident in that statement as possible without datalogging. i no lift shifted every run in negative DA, the last time i tried without no lift shift i hit 116mph in a zero wheel spin run in a positive DA.

i will say one things for sure, it absolutely doesn't have the benefit in no lift shifting compared to the 4gen and coyote that didn't have the timing cut. at best its negligable, therefore not worth beating the driveline.

talking to the wife about going to atco tonight as well.
fraxum, those are good 60' times on stock rubber. im going to try a 2250rpm launch, lets see if i can grab a sub 2.0.

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 11-18-2016 at 08:42 AM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:15 AM   #58
6spdhyperblue

im curious, at a track where youre not able to use 100% at any point in first gear, how are you supposed to slow the spinning using the LC 2step starting off at 4k?

if you go slow enough to get the right amount of wheel spin you have to be slow on the clutch to the point you will burn it, if you go quick where it wont burn it will roast the tires.

after that event is over, the electronics throw you to 100% throttle and you're spinning too much anyway. so tell me again how LC trick is the end all be all?
Old 11-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #59
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
although ive been out of the game for a few years, ive been doing this for quite a while. im confident as confident in that statement as possible without datalogging. i no lift shifted every run in negative DA, the last time i tried without no lift shift i hit 116mph in a zero wheel spin run in a positive DA.

i will say one things for sure, it absolutely doesn't have the benefit in no lift shifting compared to the 4gen and coyote that didn't have the timing cut. at best its negligable, therefore not worth beating the driveline.

talking to the wife about going to atco tonight as well.
fraxum, those are good 60' times on stock rubber. im going to try a 2250rpm launch, lets see if i can grab a sub 2.0.
So when you don't use no lift shift, what are you doing? Just lifting the throttle a LITTLE bit during shifts?
Old 11-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #60
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
im curious, at a track where youre not able to use 100% at any point in first gear, how are you supposed to slow the spinning using the LC 2step starting off at 4k?

if you go slow enough to get the right amount of wheel spin you have to be slow on the clutch to the point you will burn it, if you go quick where it wont burn it will roast the tires.

after that event is over, the electronics throw you to 100% throttle and you're spinning too much anyway. so tell me again how LC trick is the end all be all?
I have used it a few times on my friends car on a prepped track, I can attest that it worked well. Just give it a shot, it may not work well on every track and with every driver, but many have had good luck with it, and lowered their ET's including a few of the top manual guys on our fast list...

I will be giving it a go when I get my car too...
Old 11-18-2016, 08:19 AM   #61
6spdhyperblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
So when you don't use no lift shift, what are you doing? Just lifting the throttle a LITTLE bit during shifts?
when i say im using no-lift-shift, im not lifting at all.

when i say im not no-lift-shifting i am lifting slightly and confiming not initiating the timing cut as i am back to 100% power instantly.

when the timings cut from no-lift-shift being initiated, its very obvious.

i have used the LC trick. on a track. every time but once where i went all in on LC, it was a prepped surface, with the sun out, and it wheel hopped, which is not as common in this car at all. especially compared to a cayman(horrendous) and my 14 gt(shocking for a SRA?!?!?!). im anxious to go back and not try it.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:25 AM   #62
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
when i say im using no-lift-shift, im not lifting at all.

when i say im not no-lift-shifting i am lifting slightly and confiming not initiating the timing cut as i am back to 100% power instantly.

when the timing cut from no-lift-shift is initiated, its very obvious.

i have used the LC trick. on a track. every time.
I did notice the timing cut when I used no lift shift as well, but it was tiny...and didn't feel to be much different that the same drop off if you slightly lifted on the shift. But granted, it wasn't my car and I only made a handful of passes. I wish we knew the exact time differences in throttle closure under both circumstances via data logging. If you are just slightly lifting off the throttle, but not completely, that very well may be better then no lift shift...hummmmmm.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #63
6spdhyperblue

the missing variable is that the LC should have an adjustable rpm window like in the mustang or any real 2step. that worked well. the rpm is what you're supposed to be adjusting to track conditions, usually not clutch engagement
Old 11-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #64
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
the missing variable is that the LC should have an adjustable rpm window like in the mustang or any real 2step. that worked well. the rpm is what you're supposed to be adjusting to track conditions, usually not clutch engagement
Adjusting the clutch engagement is what tricks the LC into not cutting the timing though...

So in a perfect world, having both would be ideal.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:33 PM   #65
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Hey cool if you can make it to Atco. Have we met before?

Doesn't LC pull timing if you spin? My understanding was to launch on the verge of spinning. LC does sound like it could help as SS 1LE explained. I may try it next spring. I just don't want to rely on it.

I did have less trouble before I did the boltons. That my car has more power up top means I can get past the lights if I launch easy. But the spinning starts at top third of first. The shift into second hard causes some spin, but not too bad. Even with all that, good runs that night were 12.3s for me. Maybe if conditions are not any better tonight I will short shift into second. And with the cold wave coming the run flats are going back on by Sunday.

Your car if stock might do better on bad prep than my SS. Tonight will be bad I think. Tomorrow will be better for sure. But I may go just to watch old stockers tear up the track. How do they make those old muscle cars so fast being "almost" stock?
Old 11-18-2016, 01:02 PM   #66
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
although ive been out of the game for a few years, ive been doing this for quite a while. im about as confident in that statement as possible without datalogging. i no lift shifted every run in negative DA, the last time i tried without no lift shift i hit 116mph in a zero wheel spin run in a positive DA.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:09 PM   #67
Steve 2016 SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Exactly, what is the point? I could have just bought an A8 if I wanted to let software drive the car.
Steve 2016 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:37 PM   #68
6spdhyperblue

gotta love internet racing
Old 11-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #69
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
gotta love internet racing
I do too. It's almost as much fun as the real thing. I enjoy a fender to fender race even more than just a faster run. That is why I have so much fun racing my friend Pat with apparently the fastest stock S550 auto GT in the nation. Even though my car is now a bit faster he is hard to beat all of the time. We raced to a draw last Tuesday. My best was 12.3 and his was 12.2. He ran that one early, as the air got better he was spinning too.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #70
6spdhyperblue

fraxum i dont think we've met. it takes me a bit over 2 hours to get down there with no traffic. i haven't left yet. im trying to wrap things up here.

edit: not gonna make it, the traffic on 287 or 95 is really bad. i will go one more time by next sunday. i have a wedding friday in marlboro and staying overnight so i might go saturday as its under 1.5 hours from there. dont know if youre free but ill keep you posted

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 11-18-2016 at 03:56 PM.