Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:54 AM   #57
CamaroDan

Drives: 2007 dodge charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
try this one...

That is fin awsome I want 1 lol
Old 05-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #58
Phenix

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballplaya210 View Post
You do realize that I did compare my stock s2000 to a stock v6 Camaro, which has 60 more hp, and the s2000 is faster. The cars were designed for completely different purposes. I just brought up the s2000 doing a wheelstand because half of the people on this forum think if you don't have an American car with a v8 then your car can only do a 15 second 1/4 mile. I want a Camaro or I wouldn't be on this forum. My dad's 69 SS is the car that got me to be a car guy. That is the difference though. I'm a car guy who can appreciate a good car no matter the make or model. You refuse to accept that imports are good cars.

Not to mention that the s2000 engine won the international engine of the year award 3 times and still to this day has produced the most hp per liter out of any production car ever made. This makes the F20C arguably more efficient than any LSX. I think the LSX motors are great and clearly have limitless potential but they are not necessarily stronger engines just because they produce more hp. Clearly FI on a Honda is no less reliable than any other make. I find it entertaining that you blindly believe that anything with less than 8 cylinders is worthless.

And here's a pic of the garage for proof before you try to say that I'm just a ricer that hates the Camaro:

Excellent garage see mine <------ by the end of summer mine will be similar to yours, the Z is going and a 2SS is coming, can't bear to let the S go though.

It's always funny to me how people always want to compare 1/4 mile performance when they compare Japanese/Euro cars to American V8. Just doesn't make any sense at all, imports are just not built for that. Import sports cars are built to handle. And I don't just mean put up big skidpad/slalom numbers, but actually handle.

It's like comiskeybum said, most people will never actually take their car out to a dragstrip or autocross or road course anyways, so they'll buy what suits them. There's plenty of reasons these imports can be considered 'better' than a muscle car other than 1/4 mile times. If there wasn't, they wouldn't be selling.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #59
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
All speculation.
Like most of your posts LOL

Quote:

Maybe the people who knew they could whoop your ass didn't feel like wasting their gas on your ricer. That sounds like a more reasonable story.
yeah, my 800RWHP, TH400 backed car was definetly "ricer".

Quote:
I've been around plenty of them. I'm just not a ricer, therefore I'm not impressed by a car with a power curve that flatlines the first half of the graph and then shoots upwards like mount Everest at 5,000RPM. Thats worthless. There are plenty of other platforms that can make more power, have it actually be useable power, and look better and cost less to build all at the same time.

Again, you really need to stop talking about things you don't own or have been a part of. There is always one on every forum LOL

Cheers
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #60
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
I'm a weekend warrior if weather permits
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #61
sixstrings

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT PP
There are a lot of 4 cyl engines out there that are great. Evo, and WRX are good examples, but look at the 1.8T from Audi. If we are talking about tuning and dumping $$ into it, the 1.8T is a great engine. I was in the car when a modded A4 pissed all over a new chally RT.

Different strokes for different folks. The 335 is fast as hell stock and a 700 piggy back chip will throw 400rwhp on it.

I am not bagging the Camaro.. I am ordering one but to say that other cars out there are not as fast because they are not V8s is a little short sighted in my opinion.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #62
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Lol Wesman. Its quite obvious you have never been around many cars long. Your obvious LACK of knowledge is just showing volumes here. So you seem to think that a Top line GTR skyline is only 276 HP...wow. You seem to think a Evo or Wrx..cars that are built for the toughest racing in the world..(rally's) will fall apart. Wow....You seem to believe supra's are slow.....or are not well built cars...
The production Skyline GTR was rated at 276HP. I don't see what you're arguement is.

And yes, Evos do fall apart. Here's a surprise for you: The Evo you buy off the showroom floor shares little with the one you see running rally courses on TV. If you honestly beleive a showroom stock Evo could do that, you are more ignorant than I thought. And yes, Evos are built like garbage, just like every other Mitsubishi. A kid came into the shop the other day with an IX, took it to the track and now its got a horrible input shaft bearing whine and the clutch is slipping. Mistubishi quality is horrible, if you run them hard they will break.

Quote:
So I guess a Porches and AMG benzes are slow to....Hmm BMW's to huh ? I mean a lot of those cars do not have V8's in them. Dude get some knowledge. Some real knowledge. Those cars are very quick cars. Sure a domestic can do it with mods as well. But to say a 4banger cannot do it at all is just ludicrous. You must live where there are some very very slow cars. I mean everyone must have 90's early 2000's Camero's or Stangs and think there fast. Dude, get on a plane and come to S. FLA. You will see some fast cars and there all not V8's.
Who said anything about Porsche's and AMG Mercedes?? Some of them may nt have V8's, but they are extremely sophisticated and expensive engines, and they still make big power numbers and sound good while doing it. But you pay a price for that kind of prestige, they aren't something thats remotely close to being competitors to the Camaro.

On the other hand, the Japs take a shitty 4 cylinder economy engine, stick a turbo on it, and put it in a modified economy car and charge $35,000. Now thats a joke. So you end up with a shitty engine in a poorly built car that looks like crap. Also known as Lancer Evolution.

Quote:
Btw I am talking fast AT the track. Not no made up rolls from 90mph bs..I am talking at the road track and the 1/4 track.
Thats funny, because all Supra owners always want to go from a roll because it takes them 10 minutes to spool up their turbos.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #63
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
The production Skyline GTR was rated at 276HP. I don't see what you're arguement is.

And yes, Evos do fall apart. Here's a surprise for you: The Evo you buy off the showroom floor shares little with the one you see running rally courses on TV. If you honestly beleive a showroom stock Evo could do that, you are more ignorant than I thought. And yes, Evos are built like garbage, just like every other Mitsubishi. A kid came into the shop the other day with an IX, took it to the track and now its got a horrible input shaft bearing whine and the clutch is slipping. Mistubishi quality is horrible, if you run them hard they will break.

Who said anything about Porsche's and AMG Mercedes?? Some of them may nt have V8's, but they are extremely sophisticated and expensive engines, and they still make big power numbers and sound good while doing it. But you pay a price for that kind of prestige, they aren't something thats remotely close to being competitors to the Camaro.

On the other hand, the Japs take a shitty 4 cylinder economy engine, stick a turbo on it, and put it in a modified economy car and charge $35,000. Now thats a joke. So you end up with a shitty engine in a poorly built car that looks like crap. Also known as Lancer Evolution.

Thats funny, because all Supra owners always want to go from a roll because it takes them 10 minutes to spool up their turbos.
Wesman your mind is like fort knox. and your almost wrong the same amount of times you as have provided false information. which is nearly every time you post
Old 05-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #64
Wesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
Like most of your posts LOL

No, like ALL of your posts. I can back my posts with facts, your posts are all heresay.

yeah, my 800RWHP, TH400 backed car was definetly "ricer".
Needing to install a GM trans in your supposedly invincible ricerburner because there is no Japanese auto trans made to handle that much power?? Now thats hilarious.

Quote:
Again, you really need to stop talking about things you don't own or have been a part of. There is always one on every forum LOL
Yes, there definitely is, and I'm quoting his post right now. If you're here to brag about jap cars, you're on the wrong site.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #65
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Wesman: You really need to stop talking. We get it -- you don't like Japanese cars. That's fine, everyone has cars that they like and dislike... but you're talking out of your ass man... if you are going to talk, bring metrics.

When you can actually afford some of the stuff you're talking shit about, then you can express an opinion.

Thanks
Previous owner of just about every car out there at some point in his life.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #66
Wesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Wesman your mind is like fort knox. and your almost wrong the same amount of times you as have provided false information. which is nearly every time you post
Its easy for anyone to just say "you're wrong". How abour proving it instead of just bitching??
Old 05-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #67
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Its easy for anyone to just say "you're wrong". How abour proving it instead of just bitching??
i have done it before you just act like i (and everyone else) didnt provide any facts i wont waste my keyboard life.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #68
Wesman

Quote:
Wesman: You really need to stop talking. We get it -- you don't like Japanese cars. That's fine, everyone has cars that they like and dislike... but you're talking out of your ass man... if you are going to talk, bring metrics.

When you can actually afford some of the stuff you're talking shit about, then you can express an opinion.

Thanks
Previous owner of just about every car out there at some point in his life.
Once again - you can't prove me wrong, so you just bitch and complain and say I don't know what I'm talking about. When you have some facts to provide, then come back and talk.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #69
Wesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i have done it before you just act like i (and everyone else) didnt provide any facts i wont waste my keyboard life.
Good. Then stop wasting space.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #70
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
I sure hope so... given they are sporting decade+ (hint: my Supra was a '93) old technology. Then again, as soon as someone puts 500$ into the stock twins on the mkiv supra, they're pushing 400rwhp on pump. I do not recommend, unless you know the driver personally, screwing around w/ a mkiv... simply not worth the embarrassment risk.

So was that a nod to the amazing value holding potential of the mkiv supra, or how inexpensive the SS is? Given that the RB series of skylines isn't available in the US, and 90% of any here are illegally on the ground (if it didn't go through motorex, it isn't legal - period) they are not something to really compare with. A tastefully done mkiv can run you damn near double the cost of an SS. Different stokes for different folks.

Enjoy the cars, have fun above all!
But they are only so expensive because they are imported here... those things are EVERYWHERE over Japan (obviously). I was stationed there for 2 years, didn't mind seeing those. But then, the one or two Camaro's I saw over there were just that much more impressive

Closed Thread