Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #29
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
I look down upon anyone that pulls head first into spots. Which is 95% of the population. The MOST DANGEROUS thing you can do during typical driving is back out of a parking spot. LEARN TO BACK IN. Any decent self-insured company makes their employees back into parking spots. Go to public utilities and contractors. You'll see everyone backed in. Learn to park, people. FIRST MOVE FRONT.
Aside from how snobish your post comes off with saying you "look down upon anyone that pulls head first into spots" (I mean REALLY?) In many communities, it's 100% illegal to back into a parking spot. Police officers need to be able to see your license plate, and here in Michigan we do not have plates on the front of our cars. Backing into a spot is considered attempting to "hide" your license plate. Drivers Ed 101 - pull front first into parking spots.

Furthermore - I've witnessed people get tickets for backing into parking spots along Woodward Avenue in Birmingham, MI (for any Michigan folks reading this site) because pulling "face forward" out of the spot meant they were driving "against the flow of traffic" and the police officer cited them for driving the wrong way on a public road (even though it was a parking lot)

Here's a diagram, since it's not that easy to explain. Assume the black car backed into the spot, pulls out of his parking spot, drives to the side street to then turn around and go the correct way when they enter the road. According to police officers, that's driving the wrong way and you'll get ticketed.
Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  81.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
Maybe I'm just different and don't care about things too much, especially if they're not mine. If someone wants to beat up their car with a hammer, I'll grab a drink and watch te show!
100% spot on - "To each their own."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Here we go...

Would you spend $12,000 to put new carpeting down in your house and then tell your family and friends to wear their muddy boots through your living room? I worked too hard for my money. Hitting curbs and running my car into shrubbery doesn't do anything for me. If I put out my hard earned cash for something, it's going to get taken care of.
No - just like I would not park my car like the person did in the photo above. OP clearly states this is in a doctor's parking lot with Mercedes and other cars. To them this car is a beater. To us, making far less, it's a sports car.

To each their own, at the end of the day it's just a car.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #30
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
The tree was actually a lot further away when he parked. It moved over to hug and touch the Camaro. Kinda like the jerk with 8 kids who parks next to you, when you park away from every one. Then you find minivan next to you and little nose prints on the windows when you get back out.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #31
wayner

Drives: White SSRS Convertible Edelbrock SC
If you don't like the way I park , Stay out of the bush.
wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #32
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
I look down upon anyone that pulls head first into spots. Which is 95% of the population. The MOST DANGEROUS thing you can do during typical driving is back out of a parking spot. LEARN TO BACK IN. Any decent self-insured company makes their employees back into parking spots. Go to public utilities and contractors. You'll see everyone backed in. Learn to park, people. FIRST MOVE FRONT.
Ridiculous comment! So you must look down on people in your life, because I'm sure not everyone backs into a spot. I've backed out of spots...guess what, not really that dangerous.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #33
MYDLIFECRISIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
You know, to each their own, its their car. But how in the hell would you park your car here thinking it was good idea?
Little further, little further...SCRAPE! Perfect!

Old 02-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #34
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Aside from how snobish your post comes off with saying you "look down upon anyone that pulls head first into spots" (I mean REALLY?) In many communities, it's 100% illegal to back into a parking spot. Police officers need to be able to see your license plate, and here in Michigan we do not have plates on the front of our cars. Backing into a spot is considered attempting to "hide" your license plate. Drivers Ed 101 - pull front first into parking spots.
Not even remotely true. Call any car insurance company - see which they prefer. Again, many self-insured umbrella policies require you back into spots because you get a hefty insurance discount. The #1 danger factor is visibility. Please, post up the many communities where it is illegal to back into parking spots. That's a joke. The only time it is difficult to do it is in one-way parking spots where the lines are heavily staggered, which is maybe 5% of parking lots. That would make it extremely difficult to back into the spot, and since the spots are angled and traffic is one-way, it makes it extremely easy to see a car pulling up behind you. That's an extreme exception, and rare. Nearly all parking lots have 90 degree parking spaces, and they are 100% of the time safer to back into.

These are rare, and designed to maximize visibility to back up (and are typically one-way to eliminate the risk from head-first parking):

These are the norm, and are always safer to back into:

I see I've struck a nerve with the people that can't back up straight
ChocoTaco369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #35
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
when I park mine, im sure to roll it over onto its top so the sun doesnt fade my paint
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #36
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
AMEN!!

Quote:
I agree with you, I have a friend at my job who has a transformers edition and ALWAYS parks forward. So 1 day I asked him why and he said Its easier....He parks anywhere and Right against the curb. He also had a yellow 6cyl before this one and had changed his wheels to 22'' and rubbed curbs numerous times. He just don't give a shit. Now what bothers me is that he wants upgrades on it and since I take care of mine, guess who he looks for advise. You guessed it. Why waste your money IF you don't care.
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #37
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
Easier/cheaper to replace a diffuser than a front bumper isn't it?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #38
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
Quote:
Not even remotely true. Call any car insurance company - see which they prefer. Again, many self-insured umbrella policies require you back into spots because you get a hefty insurance discount. The #1 danger factor is visibility. Please, post up the many communities where it is illegal to back into parking spots. That's a joke. The only time it is difficult to do it is in one-way parking spots where the lines are heavily staggered, which is maybe 5% of parking lots. That would make it extremely difficult to back into the spot, and since the spots are angled and traffic is one-way, it makes it extremely easy to see a car pulling up behind you. That's an extreme exception, and rare. Nearly all parking lots have 90 degree parking spaces, and they are 100% of the time safer to back into.

These are rare, and designed to maximize visibility to back up (and are typically one-way to eliminate the risk from head-first parking):

These are the norm, and are always safer to back into:

I see I've struck a nerve with the people that can't back up straight
YES YOU DID
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:54 PM   #39
AZ kevin

Drives: Black 2013 2SS
I used to work at a shop in Illinois that said not to back in cuz that made it harder for them to mow the grass lol. not kidding
AZ kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #40
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Rental ??
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #41
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
Rental ??
thought that too but swear those never had RS packages on them?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #42
MYDLIFECRISIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alv927 View Post
YES YOU DID

Me too!