Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #15
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
So how does your hood wrap look now? Still look okay after using the acidic wash? I purchased it but wanted to follow up on the potential long term effect before using it myself. Definitely a bit nervous to apply it when i have the XPEL on the front of the car and ceramic on the rest. I also will be using the Adams car shampoo to neutralize it after the 30 seconds.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:05 AM   #16
Ironhide

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
It's been several weeks now, several washes later, etc. - it still looks like it did on day one. No long term issues for me but, make sure you rinse it well (especially around the seams of the hood vents) and wash it with PH neutral soap at least 2x after. Since it's acidic, use at your own risk... I am not familiar with the XPEL or ceramic coating as I don't have either... but I would be a little surprised if it was a problem once cured. You might Google the type of acid in it for reactivity or, try their customer support? I can say, don't ever use this stuff on glass that has Rain-x on it. Learned that lesson the hard way with my previous car - it pitted the glass somehow with the combination, even after a rinse.

Good luck. The pictures in my profile were taken a few weeks after using it, they're in HD and pretty good close ups. If you can, post back and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Ironhide; 09-07-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #17
FlashBang23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
It's been several weeks now, several washes later, etc. - it still looks like it did on day one. No long term issues for me but, make sure you rinse it well (especially around the seams of the hood vents) and wash it with PH neutral soap at least 2x after. Since it's acidic, use at your own risk... I am not familiar with the XPEL or ceramic coating as I don't have either... but I would be a little surprised if it was a problem once cured. You might Google the type of acid in it for reactivity or, try their customer support? I can say, don't ever use this stuff on glass that has Rain-x on it. Learned that lesson the hard way with my previous car - it pitted the glass somehow with the combination, even after a rinse.

Good luck. The pictures in my profile were taken a few weeks after using it, they're in HD and pretty good close ups. If you can, post back and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the feedback! I will be using Adams soap just like you so I assume I will be good then. Thinking of using trash bags to line the front bumper from under the hood to keep the wash off the Xpel just incase, then doing a very thorough soapy wash on the entire car when I'm done. You've got me scared with the Rain X comment too lol. I have been using Rain X cleaner/repellant (not the actual long lasting stuff) so maybe I should give a few more washes to make sure I get all of that off the windshield.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #18
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Just take the hood off and put it on some sawhorses, it's like 4 bolts.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #19
Ironhide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I will be using Adams soap just like you so I assume I will be good then. Thinking of using trash bags to line the front bumper from under the hood to keep the wash off the Xpel just incase, then doing a very thorough soapy wash on the entire car when I'm done. You've got me scared with the Rain X comment too lol. I have been using Rain X cleaner/repellant (not the actual long lasting stuff) so maybe I should give a few more washes to make sure I get all of that off the windshield.
Np, and - best to do it safely. Also, a little more on that Rain X issue - I had basically used the 3D Eraser on my windshield that day, and rinsed it off (but didn't go over it with soap after, just a rinse). Then, I applied a fresh coat of Rain X. So it was sort of a double whammy. Basically just use common sense but, this is a mild acid and I think fairly forgiving, considering the target marketing demographic. It even says on their YouTube instructional vids you can leave it on paint > 1 minute without much fear. Glass, not so much - get if off quick. Vinyl? I left it on for 60 seconds, no issues. I'll be doing it again soon as I unfortunately ended up with a few more spots from rain water - unavoidable.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #20
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
Ok. In need of a little help. I had noticed a good sized spot on the hood before that looked almost like grease was wiped on it. It's "wet" compared to the matte wrap surrounding it.

I've tried dawn soap, chemical guys matte cleaner/sealer, megs quick detailer. Nothing seems to get it off. Do you think the Eraser product would help? It doesn't look like scuffing or scratches. Any other recommendations?

I'll grab some pictures tomorrow and post them.

Edit: Smudge is a better word for the spots. I re-read Iron's original post and saw it took care of a few smudges on his from the dealer. Went ahead and ordered it.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #21
Ironhide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
Ok. In need of a little help. I had noticed a good sized spot on the hood before that looked almost like grease was wiped on it. It's "wet" compared to the matte wrap surrounding it.

I've tried dawn soap, chemical guys matte cleaner/sealer, megs quick detailer. Nothing seems to get it off. Do you think the Eraser product would help? It doesn't look like scuffing or scratches. Any other recommendations?

I'll grab some pictures tomorrow and post them.

Edit: Smudge is a better word for the spots. I re-read Iron's original post and saw it took care of a few smudges on his from the dealer. Went ahead and ordered it.
Hey SK - the smudge I had on the vinyl looked definitely like it was oil or grease. I'm assuming it wasn't wax... But either way, it did work. I'd say give it a shot... I couldn't get it off with soap or detailer either... but the 3D Eraser did the trick. As I keep re-iterating here, please just be careful to not let it sit for more than 60 seconds with each application. PH neutral soap to kill it, then re-apply if needed. Literally, rinse/repeat.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #22
ag1leSS

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue SS 1LE
I've been using this after washes while drying and in between washes on the hood and had good results

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Meticulo...RoCJwsQAvD_BwE
ag1leSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #23
rfm4000

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE SIM
Has anyone besides Ironhide used this yet?

I have some streaks and spots from rain sitting on the hood and i want em gone, nothing seems to work
rfm4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #24
FlashBang23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfm4000 View Post
Has anyone besides Ironhide used this yet?

I have some streaks and spots from rain sitting on the hood and i want em gone, nothing seems to work
I've got it sitting on my shelf of supplies, just haven't had the time to use it yet. I want to be very meticulous and stuff keeps popping up forcing me to do quick two bucket washes. I will use it in the next couple weeks and report back.

Tags
1le, hood, vinyl wrap, water spot remover, water spots