Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #43
jdpickering
Razzi

Drives: 99 Monte Carlo Z34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootus View Post
I don't know if my idea is better, because that entirely a personal choice. But I will share what I did.

I bought four 1LE repro wheels (MRR M017) in the OE front size (20x10) and put Conti DWS06's in 285/30 on all four. Where I live (western Oregon) is about the perfect place for all season tires, and this setup was perfect over the winter. We get a lot of rain here and I'm not too impressed with the hydroplaning resistance of the stock Goodyears so I've kept with the Contis for now, I may put the Goodyears back on for July/August ... but I may not, and just use them for track days. I drive [occasionally] like a horse's ass on the back roads and the DWS06s have been perfectly capable of handling any kind of ****ery I'm willing to engage in on public roads. Haven't really felt like I needed anything more. I get some occasional flashing of the traction light but it never really interferes with my fun time so I don't worry much about it.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.
I like this idea and its what I've kinda thought about doing as well. Using the front rim on the back will make it stick out farther have you had any issue with rubbing the wheel well at all?

http://www.tire-size-calculator.info...&2off=23&2ws=0
jdpickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #44
jdpickering
Razzi

Drives: 99 Monte Carlo Z34
I did go through Tire Rack and created a spreadsheet of every All Season Tire that could work and then calculated the Tire differences

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
jdpickering is offline   Reply With Quote