Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 02-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
Dropped more time at Sebring 2:18.1

Next up, shooting for 2:16's

https://youtu.be/z1hx8nAkZeE
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Congrats, nice driving! Anything below 2:20 is a respectable time at Sebring as far as I can remember ( moved from Florida to WA like 8 years ago)
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #3
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
looking good! sure is bumpie threw last turn!
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:21 AM   #4
UrbanKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
looking good! sure is bumpie threw last turn!
It's the beauty in the track... 17 and 1 will take you for a ride... even worse if you are off line...
Old 02-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
sean7454

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Incredible driving, corner speeds are amazing!
sean7454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #6
UrbanKnight

Thanks man. I almost wanted to trade in for an A10 watching your vids. Car has more in it. I’m determined to get into the 16’s
Old 02-17-2020, 12:32 PM   #7
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanKnight View Post
Thanks man. I almost wanted to trade in for an A10 watching your vids. Car has more in it. I’m determined to get into the 16’s
So after having more seat time in the ZLE do you miss your C6 race car? Just curious on your thoughts since you went from a full on road race car to a street car that you use on the track. As I have been contimplating taking the plunge into a dedicated race car myself I just keep wondering if I'll regret not having a car that's at least more streetable. It's always a compromise.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #8
UrbanKnight

I miss being "fast". The ZLE is so damn good though its hard to explain.... All my buddies showed up this weekend in their c6 racecars and one 750 whp zr1 racecar... I can't hang with that on the straights, but damn near can in the corners....

I am so conflicted. In an ideal world, I would track a C7zr1 as it would be the best of all worlds....

Fast as snot, classes in TT1 (my race vettes class) and it has a full warranty...

Im not willing to spend 120k to do that... So i look at two options... C7z or ZLE.... Other than straight line grunt, I think the ZLE can hold its own or be better than a stock C7z. I worry about C7z reliablity.

I miss being in a full cage/harness/safety system.

I love full warranty, and that my ZLE is basically "stock" (Although I still think it needs 100-150 more wheel HP to be perfect)

So on monday- I have been looking back at C7z's and tube frame race cars, but then remind myself that if the ZLE isnt right for me, I don;t have to find the 1 buyer in the world looking for my racecar, I can drive it to the dealer, while stopping at mcdonalds and walmart along the way, and just trade it in...

***EDIT- I also have the option of buying my old race car back- But I don't miss the repair bills and have to keep reminding myself of that
Old 02-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #9
sean7454

Quote:
I'm positive you will get there...these cars are so much fun
Old 02-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #10
sean7454

Quote:
I miss being "fast". The ZLE is so damn good though its hard to explain.... All my buddies showed up this weekend in their c6 racecars and one 750 whp zr1 racecar... I can't hang with that on the straights, but damn near can in the corners....

I am so conflicted. In an ideal world, I would track a C7zr1 as it would be the best of all worlds....

Fast as snot, classes in TT1 (my race vettes class) and it has a full warranty...

Im not willing to spend 120k to do that... So i look at two options... C7z or ZLE.... Other than straight line grunt, I think the ZLE can hold its own or be better than a stock C7z. I worry about C7z reliablity.

I love full warranty, and that my ZLE is basically "stock" (Although I still think it needs 100-150 more wheel HP to be perfect)

So on monday- I have been looking back at C7z's and tube frame race cars, but then remind myself that if the ZLE isnt right for me, I don;t have to find the 1 buyer in the world looking for my racecar, I can drive it to the dealer, while stopping at mcdonalds and walmart along the way, and just trade it in...

***EDIT- I also have the option of buying my old race car back- But I don't miss the repair bills and have to keep reminding myself of that

After spending 10 grand to turn my Cayman R back into a 'street' car just to find a buyer (after spending 9 months trying to sell it as a track car), I'm through with that. There comes a time when you say "I just want easy". I miss the extra safety, but I am at a point where driving it to the dealership, speed shop, tire shop and to work without needing to load it onto a trailer is all I want.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #11
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
that was cookin!

and you are correct about Turn 17 - Bumpy as heck and if you ask a 100 people what line to take, you will probably get back 125 answers!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:45 PM   #12
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:

Thanks for the honest answers and thoughts. It makes me think more about the pros and cons in each and I have seen quite a few nicely built race cars take a really long time to sell so I definitely understand that negative to making a dedicated track car out of your street car. And the fact you can’t really enjoy it on the weekends and just take a trip to the store with a fully caged race car. It is built for one purpose only and that’s the only time you get to drive it.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:35 AM   #13
JG61354

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE Camaro A10
4000 lbs plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Congrats, nice driving! Anything below 2:20 is a respectable time at Sebring as far as I can remember ( moved from Florida to WA like 8 years ago)
Doing 2:18 in a car that weighs over 4000 lbs is crazy good . I think to do 2:16 would have to be a perfect lap. I’ve managed a mid 2:21 bone stock except brake fluid. Brian is good so it wouldn’t surprise me.
2012 GT 500
2010 Mustang Spec Iron
2003 New Edge w/Coyote Now running in America Iron
2000 New Edge w/ Coyote
2004 Corvette
2002 Corvette
JG61354 is offline   Reply With Quote