Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Very Strange Issue with Info Center and Stereo Screen

The first thing I do when I leave from work is plug my phone in the charger and then find music on You Tube to play through blue tooth on the way home.

Yesterday though, I opted to play a piece of music sent to me in email. Instead of downloading it to my phone, I just opened the email and played it from there.

What happened next was very weird - all of the screen lighting on the dash dimmed almost to the point of invisibility. Not knowing what was happening, I immediately closed the app on the phone. When I did that, the screens resumed their normal brightness. I went to You Tube, called up some Iron Maiden and everything was fine.

After getting home, I tested it all in the driveway - including playing the music from email and again, all screens were back to normal.

2013 SS with all stock equipment.

WTH??
(Edit - hopefully someone has some feedback in this forum. Unfortunately, I think this sub-sub-sub forum is where most threads go to die.)

Last edited by Danial; 09-05-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:57 PM   #2
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
The first thing I do when I leave from work is plug my phone in the charger and then find music on You Tube to play through blue tooth on the way home.

Yesterday though, I opted to play a piece of music sent to me in email. Instead of downloading it to my phone, I just opened the email and played it from there.

What happened next was very weird - all of the screen lighting on the dash dimmed almost to the point of invisibility. Not knowing what was happening, I immediately closed the app on the phone. When I did that, the screens resumed their normal brightness. I went to You Tube, called up some Iron Maiden and everything was fine.

After getting home, I tested it all in the driveway - including playing the music from email and again, all screens were back to normal.

2013 SS with all stock equipment.

WTH??
(Edit - hopefully someone has some feedback in this forum. Unfortunately, I think this sub-sub-sub forum is where most threads go to die.)
Its odd that you plug your phone in to play music through the Bluetooth.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Its odd that you plug your phone in to play music through the Bluetooth.
Why?

I use it all day at work and need to charge it on my 25 mile drive home. I like to listen to music on the trip as well. Not sure why that would be odd at all.

Now if you have something to offer in relation to the question at hand, I'd love to hear it. But if you want to post additional non-sequiturs, don't bother.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:06 PM   #4
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Why?

I use it all day at work and need to charge it on my 25 mile drive home. I like to listen to music on the trip as well. Not sure why that would be odd at all.

Now if you have something to offer in relation to the question at hand, I'd love to hear it. But if you want to post additional non-sequiturs, don't bother.
Well bluetooth is wireless so there's no need to plug anything in. I never use that input as a charger because its so slow and messes up the radio. I use the cigarette lighter.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #5
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
No clue.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #6
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
If you plan to do that, use a cig lighter charger. double connection will screw it all up.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:54 PM   #7
Cristjw

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS 2LT convertible
OP doesn’t say if they plug into the USB connection or a cig lighter charger. Even if they use the USB connection how would that mess with the display power? I agree that wired and wireless connections simultaneously can be weird, but that may mess with power? Maybe the auto headlights came on and the dash lights went to night light levels?
Cristjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:35 AM   #8
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Well bluetooth is wireless so there's no need to plug anything in. I never use that input as a charger because its so slow and messes up the radio. I use the cigarette lighter.
He's connecting to the USB to charge the phone.

Although a dedicated charger would be more efficient than the slow charge you would get from the USB port.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote