Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
ConDork

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
GM Warranty Wants to use Salvage Yard parts

Hey Guys,

My 2015 1SS camaro (24,000 miles) has been at the dealership for almost 45 days now. I took the car in because it wasn't shifting into first or second smoothly. The tech took it apart and found that the 1-2 syncro was bad. There is a back order on parts with no expected date to be delivered. The dealership told me that there was nothing they could do and to contact GM customer care. After talking to GM customer car my case was "escalated as high as it can be". Despite this "escalation" no one has any idea when parts will become available. I called GM customer care again and was told that typically when parts are not available they will contact "salvage yards" to find replacement parts .
Since then I have been calling frequently to get updates and stress urgency on the situation. Today I was told to stop contacting them(dealership and GM customer care) and that they will call me when they have an update but have no idea when that will be. As of right now my car is just sitting on the dealer lot with no trans in it. The trans is torn completely apart sitting no a bench.

At my whits end...How can you tell me to stop contacting you about my property that you agreed to repair under warranty? does anyone have any idea who else I can contact about this? Would a lemon law lawyer even do any good? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
ConDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
Olfaithful

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I work at a body shop and if I was dealing with this situation, I would demand a whole new transmission since they cannot get the parts to fix the problem. You bought a new car so you wouldn't have to deal with this type of situation.

If all else fails it might be time to contact a lawyer.
Olfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olfaithful View Post
I work at a body shop and if I was dealing with this situation, I would demand a whole new transmission since they cannot get the parts to fix the problem. You bought a new car so you wouldn't have to deal with this type of situation.

If all else fails it might be time to contact a lawyer.
This. Time to find out what YOUR real options are.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
In 10 years doing warranty work I have never had GM tell me to use salvage parts. Something isn't right here. I don't think we're getting the whole truth. If it really was a lack of availability of parts, GM would put a transmission in the vehicle not salvage parts.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
ConDork

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
In 10 years doing warranty work I have never had GM tell me to use salvage parts. Something isn't right here. I don't think we're getting the whole truth. If it really was a lack of availability of parts, GM would put a transmission in the vehicle not salvage parts.
I worked as a tech in a GM dealership for 5 years and 2 years at the GM proving grounds as an engine tech...never heard of it either it blew my mind when she said it. I don't know what you mean by the whole truth
ConDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #6
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
See if GM would be willing for you to get a rebuild from elsewhere. We deal with RPM Trans and they build a very nice TR6060.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #7
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
If you bought new they better have you in a loaner! I would be steaming ��
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #8
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
See if GM would be willing for you to get a rebuild from elsewhere. We deal with RPM Trans and they build a very nice TR6060.
I second the RPM suggestion, they can build you a bullet proof TR6060.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #9
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Look into lemon laws in your state. I know in MN if a ticket is open for more than 30 days, you've got an easy case.
A lawyer would love to talk to you, I bet.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #10
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Yup, lawyer up and you will soon have a new tranny.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:39 PM   #11
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Hmmmm...yeah, there is more to this tale.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #12
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
I don't have the same problem, but a dealership I am working with for a replacement steering wheel (leather stitching has failed) has told me for 3+ months that GM is back-ordered on steering wheels, and that they were scouring other dealerships and parts companies for one (insinuating i might get a used one)

I started a case with GM customer care, was promised a callback within 2 days - never got a callback

I seem to have noticed a trend with GM....
“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote