Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-06-2024, 01:24 PM   #1
CYN_CRVR

Drives: 2023 V6 RS 6MT
Removing stock intake without breaking this grey clip

I want to install my AFE intake next weekend (plus a Soler 80mm TB). When I previously installed my JacFab ported IM, I identified this grey plastic clip as the only potential hurdle for the intake installation. Any tips/tricks to removing it without breaking it?
Attached Images

CYN_CRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 01:59 PM   #2
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Push the big side of the white thing and the pipe pulls off. Same as the one way valves on the valve covers. The one way valves let air in the valve covers not out. I found this out when I put a Tracy Lewis catch can system on. I took it off because it created enough vacuum to make the front main seal squeak loudly below 1500 rpm. I am In the process of putting a bbk catch can for the lt1 on. Can you tell me about the JacFab intake,I have been curious about them.
Old 01-06-2024, 06:49 PM   #3
CYN_CRVR

Drives: 2023 V6 RS 6MT
OK cool, sounds pretty straightforward then. Here's my take on the JacFab intake:

Installation - Reasonably straightforward. I got snagged on a step that ended up being really simple. In the first photo above in my original post, see that little canister thing directly above the red circle that connects to the snout of the IM? It is secured by a single hex bolt on the underside, and it pops right out once you remove that. Don't bother messing around with the hoses or fitments on the left side of the canister.

Results - SOTP change is subtle IMO, so don't expect a huge difference. But the exhaust note is noticeably smoother in Sport mode during WOT or while revving in neutral, so it definitely has an effect on airflow through the engine.

Here are photos looking into the mouth of the stock and JacFab intakes. See how the floor of the stock one has that complex structure that no doubt creates turbulence? JacFab is filled with polyurethane and smoothed, and there's also light smoothing of the ports that feed the heads. It's easy to see how this increases air velocity.

The photos are oriented correctly on my phone and PC, so I don't know why the forum is rotating them.
Attached Images

CYN_CRVR is offline   Reply With Quote