Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2021, 01:18 AM   #1
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Trade in Value

Guys I just ran through Kelly Blue books on line value estimator and they book my 2015 Camaro 2SS RS with 7800 miles mint,at 31,400 using standard equipment and I have few factory options like navigation system premium wheels etc. I'm wondering if I am missing something here because that trade in value seems WAY TOO HIGH. And I triple checked to be sure I did not check the Z28, convertible, or ZL1 and I did not. Am I wrong or is their web site screwy?
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:29 AM   #2
songsj

WOW I just ran another one on line and got an offer to buy from CarMax for 30,800 firm offer good for 7 days I printed it out, This site even used my VIN number so they have the right car. What the hell happened. These cars were not worth this much a year ago.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:00 AM   #3
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
All used car prices have been up over the past year, not just 5th gens. Whether or not our cars are outperforming others I don't know. When I realized I could sell my '13 for not much less than I paid for it new I was tempted, but there is really nothing else I want more so it stays with me.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:27 AM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
dont get too tempted,all prices are up and many new cars are sitting at the manufacturers waiting on chips to be installed.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
WOW I just ran another one on line and got an offer to buy from CarMax for 30,800 firm offer good for 7 days I printed it out, This site even used my VIN number so they have the right car. What the hell happened. These cars were not worth this much a year ago.
I did this on a lark before I traded in my last car a few months ago, and when I didn't respond back after that week....they up'ed their offer $1000!! so if you go that route, don't get to quick to pull the trigger!
Old 04-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #6
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
If you sell something you have to buy something to replace it. So in effect you remain in the same plaice loop.The dealer will give you a good price for the trade but get it back from you on the sale. A friend is building an F-150 is at 63K for the truck. I should ask him what he's getting for the trade in.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:00 AM   #7
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
All used car prices have been up over the past year, not just 5th gens. Whether or not our cars are outperforming others I don't know. When I realized I could sell my '13 for not much less than I paid for it new I was tempted, but there is really nothing else I want more so it stays with me.

I found the same. After searching a dozen CarFax 2013 2SS, and not even the RS version with the same miles as mine. The prices on average what I paid for the car the same as what they are now.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:43 PM   #8
Jodean

Drives: 2010 Camero 2SS RS
Mine shows up at 21k with 50kmiles, not too bad actually

For sure dont need it, have 4 other vehicles. But it will stay in the shed for now.....

Not everyone needs to replace a sold vehicle
Old 04-20-2021, 11:49 PM   #9
songsj

I was just thinking of selling it as I seem to never drive it anymore, have another new daily driver. Only put 400 miles on it last 2 summers. If I sell it I will just keep the cash for now. I'm almost 65, going to retire in August and just not sure I want a sports car anymore. Had Camaros and Firebirds for most of my life since 1974.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #10
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
if you have doubts,hold off on selling.i just came back from my large local dealer.they had two camaros on their lot.one was sold and awaiting pickup and the other was mine.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:34 AM   #11
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
I paid 19k for mine 5 years ago. It's gone up over 4k lol.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #12
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
I was just thinking of selling it as I seem to never drive it anymore, have another new daily driver. Only put 400 miles on it last 2 summers. If I sell it I will just keep the cash for now. I'm almost 65, going to retire in August and just not sure I want a sports car anymore. Had Camaros and Firebirds for most of my life since 1974.
I would sell it.

Prices on all used cars are up 15-20%. It was said to be caused by lack of supply of used cars because of COVID slowdown

Now it could be influenced by these things also I think:
Computer chip shortage has reduced new car availability slightly

Various stimulous payments has put some spending money in pockets
some have profited more others less due to COVID-stimulous "haves and have-nots". The haves can spend money on home improvements, cars..

Printing money and handing it out causes inflation, are we seeing that now? One evidence of it would be the surge in digital currency aka bitcoin or stoogecoin etc. You know if you're world saavy how some countries require 100,000 of their dollars to equal a buck. It's scary but is our dollar going the same way, $60,000 US dollars to = $1 bitcoin. Part of the reason for that is profiteering/investing as the value goes up and part is showing lack of confidence in world governments printed paper currency.

I pulled my computer chip investment due to my perceived impending fall of Taiwan and how computer chip fabrication is largely done there if I'm not mistaken.
Edit: I just looked up more on that to check myself; if you want to think about that or rethink your investments:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ication_plants
Looks like taking Taiwan and a power disruption to the Fabrication "Fabs" plants in South Korea would hit so many electronic products production hard, leaving mostly just the USA and China as largest remaining Fabs.
Later Edit: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...semiconductors
I didn't see this before but it matches my evaluation. BTW I don't have subscription but if you google search the title of that then click the 3 dots on lower right you find "cached" and can read the article from google's saved pages server free if you are blocked because of reasons like no subscription or your browser is in private mode.

Will inflation and car availability make me look like a foolfor saying sell now? I laid out my thoughts and if they are correct, prices on everything will go up and it would look like I was wrong if you're holding cash instead of the car as I would suggest.

Last edited by silversleeper; 04-21-2021 at 10:26 AM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:31 PM   #13
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:

Take it down to the courthouse, you can file an insurance claim tomorrow.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:26 PM   #14
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Everyday you hold money? You lose money. The US dollar is devaluing every yr. will never go back up. Country on a decline. Inflation: market will crash again soon. When? Not sure. Usually it’s every 20yrs or so. But government printing fictitious paper and handing out for the TV buyers can only go so far. Somethings gotta give....

I think we hit a plateau on the Camaro. V8s are going to be dinosaurs. As well as classics. Not gonna say they’ll go up 10x in value? But a V8 equipped muscle car in good shape will be at least go up to $35k. Might take 10-15 yrs. but they’ll get up there. Not like just cause 2050 EV majority; they’ll stop selling gasoline.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote