Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-01-2018, 01:55 PM   #15
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
If it was that good everyone would have one. I have seen people getting rid of it for various reasons. I think it just simply does not improve the Camaro's lag problem from what I have read on the forum.

Direct cable will only fix our wire pedal slow response. I will be working on this later this year but it's an expensive fix that GM should address.

Cable
Holley PCM
Bracket
Wire harness
Tune
Working out the problems that will present its self
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
It wastes your money thinking you have a better throttle response but does not add any gains to actual performance
Another perspective...respectfully, I disagree with the two posts above. Here’s why... I had the VTC in my 5th Gen and I have it now in my 6th Gen. it’s not a waste of money because you do feel a difference in throttle response with each of the 10 performance settings (SP0-SP9). That’s undeniable and I defy anyone to put one on their car, calibrate it properly, and show me different. The difference between SP0 and SP5/SP6 (which is the sweetspot for most users) is dramatic. Does it remove all of the lag...? No. Does it make the lag feel less inteusive, the car more fun to drive, and make more precise pushing of the accelerator pedal possible? Absolutely!

If you want these features/enhancements to your vehicle’s delivered performance, then try the VTC. If you’re perfectly happy with how your accelerator pedal feels now...then don’t get one. There’s much ado about CELs that arise for some of us after installing the VTC. I’ve never had that with either of mine (since 2011) and I suspect it seems like it happens to a greater percentage of us than is actually the case because we tend to hear more from folks who are having trouble than from folks who are not.

Bottom line...it’s not for everyone, but for those who become irritated every time they try to nudge the accelerator or try to reliably leave quickly from a standing stop without the car bucking, it’s worth a look.

My two cents...(by the way...I don’t work for VTC and I’m not connected to them in any way except owning their product).

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:44 AM   #16
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
I installed mine over the weekend and have driven it for a few miles. I have an A8 so no noticeable lag for me before the install. Anyway, I like it. I tried several settings and like the SP4 setting. SP5 is a little to sensitive and anything above that is hard to take off smoothly for me. It is specially nice in manual shifting mode.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote