Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
joeyp85

Drives: 2016 2SS MRC,NPP, A8 hyper blue
I LEFT MY WINDOW OPEN -_-

I left my window open about 4 inches over night and the door got wet where the ambient lighting is, the water dripped down onto the door by the speaker and the seat controls got wet along with the floor. Everything that got wet wasnt crazy soaked but you could tell it was wet. Would this affect anything like the speaker, the ambient lighting, or the seat controls? I've been freaking out all morning about it. Anyone? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
joeyp85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, M6, MRC, NPP
If this happened to me first thing I would do is see if all of those things worked. Once you do that you have your answer.
jp9109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #3
joeyp85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp9109 View Post
If this happened to me first thing I would do is see if all of those things worked. Once you do that you have your answer.
the interior lights seemed totally fine and the power seat worked along with the ventilated seat. could this cause any problems down the line?
Old 09-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyp85 View Post
the interior lights seemed totally fine and the power seat worked along with the ventilated seat. could this cause any problems down the line?
No. But as a retired electrician I would not have tested anything until it had time to dry.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
joeyp85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
No. But as a retired electrician I would not have tested anything until it had time to dry.
i just dont want this to cause problems down the line but everything seemed fine
Old 09-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #6
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
If you're inclined, you may want to take the door panel off, disconnect all the wiring harnesses, and spray them out good with a can of compressed air and then spray the connectors with a little bit of dielectric grease - you can get a can on amazon.com.

That will definitely displace any moisture and make the connectors water proof.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #7
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
If you're inclined, you may want to take the door panel off, disconnect all the wiring harnesses, and spray them out good with a can of compressed air and then spray the connectors with a little bit of dielectric grease - you can get a can on amazon.com.

That will definitely displace any moisture and make the connectors water proof.
Excellent advice.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #8
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
I'm curious ... what difference does it make if window is up or down to keep the 'inside' parts of the door from getting wet? Seems water could still run inside of door with window up.
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #9
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Its fine. Just open the windows on a sunny day and let it dry out.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:54 PM   #10
Thompyt

Drives: 16 2SS / 15 Mustang GT
Quote:
fully agree. Water and electronics don't mix.
Thompyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #11
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Txfan View Post
I'm curious ... what difference does it make if window is up or down to keep the 'inside' parts of the door from getting wet? Seems water could still run inside of door with window up.
The window is sealed to keep that from happening. That's what that rubber stuff is that goes all around it when your door is closed. And it is what the rubber stuff is you see when you look along the bottom of your window from the outside.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #12
joeyp85

much appreciated guys! im just gonna keep the windows open tomorrow since its going to be sunny and humid and let it air out!
Old 09-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #13
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
Quote:
The window is sealed to keep that from happening. That's what that rubber stuff is that goes all around it when your door is closed. And it is what the rubber stuff is you see when you look along the bottom of your window from the outside.
Yeah but I wouldn't think that could all water from seeping down between window and rubber. Doors usually (use to) have drain holes in bottom to let any water out.
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:31 PM   #14
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Txfan View Post
There is a large sheet of insulating plastic or rubber sealed around the door frame between the frame and the interior door panel. It's sealed to the frame with adhesive. All the dirt/water can splash all over the window at high pressure when it's rolled up and it all drips down into the metal side of the door. The insulator keeps all the dirt and water inside the frame of the door where you'll see drip holes under the door frame if you look under it.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote