Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2021, 11:01 PM   #1
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
The Value of this Forum

I don't post here as much as I used to, but every now and then I am reminded of the exceptional value this forum is to all 5th gen Camaro owners.

After dealing with several days of random clicking when going to start my '13 SS/RS and then finally getting stranded at the post office, (car completely died) I got the car home and went to Google and typed in the symptom. Up popped a dozen or more links to various threads on this forum discussing this very issue.

I read through several and of course, like all things electrical in these newer cars, there were almost as many causes mentioned as there were threads on the subject. But one cause was mentioned most often - bad ground coming off the battery.

I checked mine and sure enough, the secondary connector (cable to clamp) was so loose it was slopping around. I removed the clamp, cleaned it and the post and reassembled it all securely and wouldn't you know it - no more clicking.

So simple and easy. And all thanks to this forum and the great input from you guys in these threads.

Good stuff.
Attached Images

Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:29 AM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Heck yeah man!

I really do love this site, but more importantly, I appreciate it. We have some really good people on here and a great community that will bend over backwards to help a fellow Camaro owner. This place has become an absolutely invaluable resource to myself and countless others.This is the one place online where you have something in common with every single person you interact with. Sure, sometimes we get the guys/gals that simply see the Camaro as 'just a car', but they tend to disappear after a little while, getting bored and moving on to the next rolling appliance. But most of us understand that there is something truly special going on with the 5th gen. While it may not see the same traffic it saw 5 or 10 years ago, it is still chugging along and has proven it's worth ten-fold.

So keep asking questions, keep posting pictures of your amazing rides, and keep helping out the new owners and those that are eager to learn. Camaro5 is the #1 online source for anything and everything related to the 5th gen Camaro. No matter how small, we all play our part in making this place what it is.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:33 AM   #3
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Heck yeah man!

I really do love this site, but more importantly, I appreciate it. We have some really good people on here and a great community that will bend over backwards to help a fellow Camaro owner. This place has become an absolutely invaluable resource to myself and countless others.This is the one place online where you have something in common with every single person you interact with. Sure, sometimes we get the guys/gals that simply see the Camaro as 'just a car', but they tend to disappear after a little while, getting bored and moving on to the next rolling appliance. But most of us understand that there is something truly special going on with the 5th gen. While it may not see the same traffic it saw 5 or 10 years ago, it is still chugging along and has proven it's worth ten-fold.

So keep asking questions, keep posting pictures of your amazing rides, and keep helping out the new owners and those that are eager to learn. Camaro5 is the number one source online for everything related to the 5th gen Camaro. No matter how small, we all play our part in making this place what it is.
10-4!
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:48 AM   #4
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Heck yeah man!

So keep asking questions, keep posting pictures of your amazing rides, and keep helping out the new owners and those that are eager to learn. Camaro5 is the #1 online source for anything and everything related to the 5th gen Camaro. No matter how small, we all play our part in making this place what it is.
Simply one big Camaro family

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:49 AM   #5
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I fully agree. I don't have any friend who are into cars, and I live in a country where modifying a car is technically illegal so this form has been a treasure trove of knowledge and a cozy place for me to relax and read about others adventures with their cars. I've briefly looked at other car forums but have never noticed the pureness that this forum has to offer.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:34 AM   #6
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Heck yeah man!

Couldnt have said it better!
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:56 AM   #7
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Thanks for not only reiterating the value of the forum, but mentioning what made you search like you did. Too many people lately are saying the forum is dead or doesn’t have quality posts anymore. It’s true the amount of posts searching problems has gone down in the last couple years, but our cars aren’t the latest flavor anymore either. Thanks for the post and I’m glad you figured out what your issue was!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:05 AM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
This forum owes me about $20,000. If I never found it, I would have never spent so much on 'enhancements'. Damn all of you.

But loving my car!!!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:08 AM   #9
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
This forum owes me about $20,000. If I never found it, I would have never spent so much on 'enhancements'. Damn all of you.

But loving my car!!!
LOL, right? Someone owes me a pile of cash!
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:12 AM   #10
Rmkuper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Rmkuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:05 AM   #11
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post

But loving my car!!!
On the contrary!
This forum saved me a lot of money

I didn't have to pay for research to services that Camaro doesn't know.
I flipped through a few threads here, found what I needed, and basically went for sure

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:34 AM   #12
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Heck yeah man!

Concur!! My brother, that was the most eliquent and perfect statement to describe this forum and ALL the folks here that make it happen for all of us Camaro freaks!! Well said and carry on with all we do and share. It always gives me a sense of satisfaction if I have something to share that will make someones day better and enjoy their Camaro even more. After all, I had to start here asking and researching 10 years ago when I first got my Camaro. Thanks Camaro5!!!
Old 05-14-2021, 09:00 AM   #13
chevyz1
Wife named it "Ghost"

Drives: 2012 Camaro Summit White 2SS/RS M6
I so completely agree as to how much value and great this community is. I don't post hardly, but l am here every day multiple times a day and have learned so much from just being here. Ya'll are family and your depth of knowledge on our cars is astounding. Look forward for all the years to come. Love our Camaro generation!!!
Old 05-14-2021, 09:14 AM   #14
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yeah,this is a great place to come and learn how to fix things,relax,or spend more money.lots of good people here.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote