Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-23-2017, 09:47 AM   #15
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
For the record, I'm not claiming to be an expert in GM trans tuning. It is pretty common for modern automatics to short shift during tire spin, but even with good traction I don't think the A10 is going to shift out of 1st above 6200. I'll have to look at that MPH table too.

In the thread I posted, an experienced tuner mentioned that he didn't think there would be any reason to tune the transmission unless changing the cam (or something else to dramatically alter the power curve). I haven't logged mine on a hard 1-2 shift, but now I want to see what it's doing. I'd really think making the shift as close to fuel cut as possible would provide the best performance, but I could be wrong.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #16
kdu

Drives: Acura MDX
While I don’t have a camaro, I do have an M4. I noticed that even in MDM mode (track mode) the car will short shift with loss of traction which happens to me constantly around 6k. If I turn off all stability and traction I get awful wheel spin and if keep it on, the car shifts as soon as the backend starts to get loose. The Zl1 has a ton more torque and I bet you are losing traction causing the to freak out and shift. Try to experiment with different modes but at your own risk. My car has tried to kill me several times with all nannies off. I don’t even attempt to turn it off in a straight line anymore.
kdu is offline   Reply With Quote