Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
Bayles76

Drives: 16 Summit 2SS, 92 Arctic Formula
Exclamation Class Action Law-suit against GM for the A8

--This will be sort of lengthy so if you don't care for details skip to the bottom where I will have a summarized paragraph.--

I noticed a ad today on my Facebook and i clicked on it. It was a law firm asking for testimonies and information to use against GM for a class action lawsuit against GM for the A8.

I figured what the hell and sent them my name and number.

A couple hours later I got a call from a Woman at Gordon and Partners Lawfirm named Jamie (I will leave out her last name for confidentiality). She called to ask me if i indeed own a GM product with a A8. I said yest then she continued to ask me some questions about when and when I bought the car, If i bought it used or new and so on.

She followed with telling me that I indeed am in the party effected by the troubled A8 and then told me what her law firm is working on. They plan to go after GM starting next week with all the testimonies from Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Camaro, etc. with the A8.

She said the following quotes.
"GM has been repeatedly stating that there is a permanent fix for the A8 coming since 2015 when they started selling cars with the A8. So far no fix has been released as of December 2018 and now they are just using the A10. We believe GM is planning to just leave the A8 people behind to suffer or just trade up to a newer vehicle." "The fact that they have been using these transmissions for over 3 years knowing full well there are issues with them is the reason for them going after them."

She then told me after all this that all she needed from me was a copy/picture of my purchase agreement, all service receipts related to the A8 shudder issue, copies of any communication between myself, the dealer, and GM with the subject of the transmission, and my VIN number.

After they have these pieces of information my case will be thrown in with the rest of the people angry about the A8 and it's issues. The goal is to compensate people who bought these cars with GM knowing full well the A8 had issues and the TSB to do the flush and reprograms were just band-aids on a gunshot wound.

She couldn't give me specifics but she said if they win, and they are likely to win, All A8 owners that have helped them will be compensated with cash or a replacement vehicle paid for by GM of equal value of your car.

-Summary-

A lawfirm is going after GM for selling cars they knew had bad transmissions in them. They promised to fix them 3 years ago and still haven't. Anyone effected by the A8 is entitled to compensation if the lawfirm wins the case. Each person that throws in their information and testimony helps their case and the massive amount of people effected by the A8 and its issues.

So what do you guys think? Think it's legit or bogus?

I want to make something very clear, I love my car and would never say anything bad about the Camaro Team at Chevrolet. I don't believe this is a Camaro Team issue but more of a Corporate GM issue that they have ignored for far too long.

That being said I'm gonna send them my information anyway since I'm not only pissed about the troubles of my A8 but also because they decided to shut down the North American Factories. If nothing comes out of it then oh well.

Last edited by Bayles76; 12-10-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Miss-spelled "against"
Bayles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayles76 View Post

So what do you guys think? Think it's legit or bogus?
Do you have a phone and the internet to confirm the law office and people that work there?

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Is this law firm located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL?
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
They contacted me also through a friend of mine. Seem to have their ducks in a row. This could be interesting. 855/722/2552. fortheinjured.com
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Looks like they changed their name slightly

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516565
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
Bayles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korosion View Post
Is this law firm located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL?
Yes it is.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #7
Bayles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Do you have a phone and the internet to confirm the law office and people that work there?
I just checked their website and they seem legit. I will be contacting them once more before sending my stuff in just to see if there's anything fishy. I will report back with my findings.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #8
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayles76 View Post
Yes it is.
Then yes, these guys are 100% legit. I will be calling them and sending them my info.
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #9
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Bout time. GM has had plenty of time to address this problem. I spent bout 20 minutes on the phone during my initial call and am waiting on the call from the paralegal to push things further along. The young lady I spoke with stated the filing is to take place sometime next week.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Well well...I've made posts in the past saying that I wouldn't be surprised to see a class action suit coming on this issue, and looks like these guys are trying to make it happen.

it is pretty bad when you think about it. Basically every A8 transmission used since 2015 in the Corvette, Camaro, CTS, ATS, Silverado, Sierra, Colorado, Canyon (what am I missing) has been reported to have wide spread issues with the torque converter. So again...no surprise here. I've been affected personally by the shudder and have had my fluid flushed, although it has never gotten as bad as some of the stories I've read here and I'm generally happy with my Camaro.

That said, for anyone that reads this thread that does not already know, GM has stated to dealers that there is going to be a new (and hopefully more permanent) FIX coming in Q1 2019!
Old 12-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #11
Riverside2SS
Let's try this again...

Drives: 2023 Blazer RS AWD Nitro Yellow
Good for you guys!!!! I'm telling you, there is something with this new set of executives that stinks like rotten fish. My run around with all of my issues with my brand new Camaro is just another situation added to the ultimate issue. This company is only worried about the bottom line and making shareholders as much money as possible, and are disregarding the customers who ultimately pay their huge overpaid salaries...Without us they have nothing, and apparently they have not learned their lesson after all of us taxpayers bailed their asses out from bankruptcy....Just sayin...

1-12-19- 3100 status- TPW 2-11-19
1-18-19- 3300 status
1-21-19- 3400 status
2-18-19- 4300 status- #0134644
3-01-19- 4200 status
3-04-19- 5000 status
3-12-19- 6000 Status
Riverside2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #12
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well well...I've made posts in the past saying that I wouldn't be surprised to see a class action suit coming on this issue, and looks like these guys are trying to make it happen.

it is pretty bad when you think about it. Basically every A8 transmission used since 2015 in the Corvette, Camaro, CTS, ATS, Silverado, Sierra, Colorado, Canyon (what am I missing) has been reported to have wide spread issues with the torque converter. So again...no surprise here. I've been affected personally by the shudder and have had my fluid flushed, although it has never gotten as bad as some of the stories I've read here and I'm generally happy with my Camaro.

That said, for anyone that reads this thread that does not already know, GM has stated to dealers that there is going to be a new (and hopefully more permanent) FIX coming in Q1 2019!

Yea a class action was bound to happen on this and GM has been well aware of that for some while so they would be insane to just "leave all of the A8 buyers hung out to dry". The problem is we don't really know exactly what % of A8 cars have had the issue, yes there are reported cases of it across pretty much every model that has the A8 so it's safe to say that it's a pretty large # (I myself am suffering from it in my Colorado ZR2).

With that said I have it on good authority that the new fix that's incoming is a pretty radical one and that's why they have been holding off and taking their time to push it out, presumably they've been testing it extensively and want to finally get this shit taken car of since nothing they have tried so far has worked.

I for one am expecting this to potentially escalate from a TSB to a RECALL, but who knows I just hope that get it fixed. I love my ZR2 and really don't want to get caught up in a legal battle with GM, just fix the issue and let me get back to fully enjoying my truck.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #13
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Yea a class action was bound to happen on this and GM has been well aware of that for some while so they would be insane to just "leave all of the A8 buyers hung out to dry". The problem is we don't really know exactly what % of A8 cars have had the issue, yes there are reported cases of it across pretty much every model that has the A8 so it's safe to say that it's a pretty large # (I myself am suffering from it in my Colorado ZR2).

With that said I have it on good authority that the new fix that's incoming is a pretty radical one and that's why they have been holding off and taking their time to push it out, presumably they've been testing it extensively and want to finally get this shit taken car of since nothing they have tried so far has worked.

I for one am expecting this to potentially escalate from a TSB to a RECALL, but who knows I just hope that get it fixed. I love my ZR2 and really don't want to get caught up in a legal battle with GM, just fix the issue and let me get back to fully enjoying my truck.
If it did go under as a TSB what warranty would cover it?

I'm already out of the 3yr/36,000mile bumper-bumper warranty and by mid-2019 everyone else with 2016 will be too. The only warranty I have left is the 100,100 mile corrosion warranty till 2022
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #14
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Just got off the phone with the paralegal. Asked a few questions about the history of the car and any issues I had other than the tranny. They will ask you for 3 main things should you choose to participate. A photo of your vin sticker on driver door frame, buyers order and any service records regarding the transmission. They are filing before the end of the week.

Tags
automatic, shudder, torque converter, transmission