Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 09-29-2021, 06:23 AM   #1
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Going rich after DFCO

I have been trying to dial in my MAF tables but with DFCO disabled, COT, Clutch cut off, and all the other things to get me into maf tuning I am having trouble dialing it in down low. If I press the clutch it goes full lean for a second and then as soon as I touch the gas to accelerate just a little it goes full rich for 1-2 seconds and then goes right back to 1.0 or so where it should be, is there a table I missed that has a rich setting at tip in maybe? if you get about 30 seconds watch the video if you ca. Thanks, video is with everything back on but it acts the same way except if only sometimes goes into DFCO for a split second tuning the maf SS1LE

https://youtu.be/p29WchMFdCw
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:38 PM   #2
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Looked to me like it was going lean, not rich. Higher lambda is lean. Looks like some kind of clutch fuel cutoff. Im just getting started with tuning... so take anything i say with a grain of salt.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:17 PM   #3
beedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Looked to me like it was going lean, not rich. Higher lambda is lean. Looks like some kind of clutch fuel cutoff. Im just getting started with tuning... so take anything i say with a grain of salt.
It is going into DFCO like it should now but if you watch as soon as it comes out of dfco it goes way rich into the high .790' low .800's. For a second or two
It's doing this with cot, dfco, clutch fuel cutoff disabled and it is throwing my logs way off trying to do my maf tuning. My ltft's are +/- 1 except for the low end of the table. If I stop and it lands in a cell that is let's say 14% rich from driving it will bring it back down to between .998 to 1.01 lambda idling. Or .01 to .02 % not 14% This is why I thought there may be a tip in table that may send it rich. Thanks for the reply, I am learning as well!
Old 09-30-2021, 06:26 AM   #4
cjperformance

Ah, i see what you mean now.

In hptuners you can zoom in on section of the log and theres an icon that allows you to only view data from the zoomed in section. If you cant iron out the cause of the issue, maybe you can just zoom in on good sections and use data from those sections.

Ive also hand tweaked some areas by graphing out on the line charts the commanded vs actual eq ratio. If several sections of the log are off by the same amounts for the same conditions, then adding or subracting 1% at a time time get you there.

Last edited by cjperformance; 09-30-2021 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:53 PM   #5
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
it goes rich after dfco to relight the cats, all cars do this.

set up a filter to only log steady state throttle/pedal so it filters out accel and decel. you can even apply the filter to a saved log so you don't have to worry about it while logging.

the more you can do to isolate steady state throttle in every cell of the maf and VE table the better your data will be.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:33 AM   #6
beedo

Thank you!
Old 01-23-2022, 04:54 PM   #7
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Is there a way to set parameters so dfco won't active, or turn it off completely?
In 5th and 6th gear at lower rpms, around 2k and lower, it goes .80 lambda on decel. Think it's dfco related and wondering if anyone knows a fix. Tuner hasn't been able to completely get rid of it yet but working on it.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:17 AM   #8
cjperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Is there a way to set parameters so dfco won't active, or turn it off completely?
In 5th and 6th gear at lower rpms, around 2k and lower, it goes .80 lambda on decel. Think it's dfco related and wondering if anyone knows a fix. Tuner hasn't been able to completely get rid of it yet but working on it.
Yes, if I recall, there's a Deceleration Fuel Cutoff section under "Fuel". You disable it I believe by setting the enable/disable temps and/or rpm enable/disable to something that won't occur. Like enable at 99 rpm disable 100 rpm.

Similar with Clutch Fuel Cutoff, but I've not messed with that since mine is auto.

It may have something to do with Catalyst Over Temp too... sorry I dont have better details. Been a while since I did that. COT will dump a bunch of extra fuel to cool down the cats if it senses temps are too high. Counter intuitive, but that's how I understand it works. I know when I re-enabled the COT after doing a bunch of tuning work, after a WOT pull, the AFR would stay very rich for a second or so.
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
Old 01-25-2022, 06:39 AM   #9
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Gotcha, thanks. Got a new file and tuner thinks he got it handled so we'll see but, he didn't think it had to do with dfco. Fingers crossed
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:25 PM   #10
BDPhoto519

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
it goes rich after dfco to relight the cats, all cars do this.

set up a filter to only log steady state throttle/pedal so it filters out accel and decel. you can even apply the filter to a saved log so you don't have to worry about it while logging.

the more you can do to isolate steady state throttle in every cell of the maf and VE table the better your data will be.
Any tips on creating a filter just for steady state, i normally just limit under a certain tps percentage?