12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:48 AM   #72
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
How many were shot for being white?
None. How many were shot in their homes? None How many were shot while jogging?
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Old 06-05-2020, 03:04 AM   #73
StingrayblueSS

https://www.businessinsider.com/whit...looting-2020-6 more fun facts
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Old 06-05-2020, 04:04 AM   #74
StingrayblueSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
Lets revisit the statistics a little.

12.7% of the population in the US is black.

Death by Police Shooting

Year White Black %Black Deaths

2017 457 223 32.8%

2018 399 209 34.3%

2019 370 235 38.8%

2020 (so far) 42 31 42.5%

The numbers ain’t good.

I support the police and they have a very difficult job. They are in a very difficult position right now and I’ve seen a lot of situations where they’ve conducted themselves with honor and integrity.

But I’ve also seen the videos. Tamir Rice, a 12 year old with an air soft gun. The police officer drove right up on top of him, jumped out of the car and shot him within a few seconds. Or Walter Scott, who the officer calmly shot in the back when he ran from a minor traffic violation. Now George Floyd. And all the others. Some justified. Some clearly not. Watch the videos - something is wrong here.

People talk about white privilege but not being harassed by the police is not my privilege. It’s my right. My inalienable right, endowed by my creator. Take that away from me and there’s going to be a problem. Minorities just expect the same rights; why should they not as American citizens?

Destroying a car dealership is a criminal act but I look at it two ways. One, criminals do acts like this and that’s why we have police and the courts. But two, desperate people who have lost hope also commit these acts. That doesn’t make it right and they should be held accountable, but it’s just reality. When someone feels beaten down, they will lash out with whatever they can.

Which is it in this case? I don’t know, probably some of both. I don’t condone it but I try to understand what makes a person do this. Our country was founded by rioters and looters if you ask King George III but we felt rightfully justified. We even wrote it down:

https://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

I hate what I am seeing go on in my country, our country, right now. I don’t have the answers but I know I am tired of seeing people beaten or dying.

We have a right to peaceful protest. We do not have a right to destroy property. The lines blur between right and wrong and we are left to try to make sense out of it. To make sense out of ALL that has happened.

I’ve said a lot, especially about a subject like this on a car forum, but overall I’ve been trying to talk less and listen more. Put myself in someone else’s shoes for a minute or two before I go back to my regular, blessed and comfortable life. That’s all anyone really wants. Life. Liberty. Happiness.
Well said, we all need to talk less and listen more.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Old 06-05-2020, 04:05 AM   #75
StingrayblueSS

https://specials-images.forbesimg.co....jpg?fit=scale
More stats for those keeping score.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Old 06-05-2020, 05:53 AM   #76
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Well said, we all need to talk less and listen more.
In other words, your narrative?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:11 AM   #77
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
What I want to know is what is people's source on the people who are looting, rioting, and burning buildings make up either the majority or minority of the people protesting? Of course the media will cover the riots more because that is what will sell. The scum that do riot and loot will take advantage of any situation to do so.

Is there a source backing this demographic make up of peaceful protestors and rioters?
There are right wing extremists (militias) out there who are taking advantage of the situation by causing even more chaos and destruction. It's not just the protestors and angry rioters that are involved in this.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:31 AM   #78
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Why does everything have to be about race? While the cops in the George Floyd case did nearly everything wrong, I seriously doubt that they would have behaved differently if the perp was white guy, who, like George, was high on a cocktail of illegal drugs, with bags of coke literally falling out of his pockets.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:39 AM   #79
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Exactly L78toLT1! Nothing is ever said about when a black cop kills a black person or a black cop kills a white person either. And no I don’t condone what the cop did to Floyd either.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:43 AM   #80
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
There are right wing extremists (militias) out there who are taking advantage of the situation by causing even more chaos and destruction. It's not just the protestors and angry rioters that are involved in this.

No doubt. I know that "Antifa" tweet about going to the suburbs was really a white supremacist group.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #81

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
Lets revisit the statistics a little.

12.7% of the population in the US is black.

Death by Police Shooting

Year White Black %Black Deaths

2017 457 223 32.8%

2018 399 209 34.3%

2019 370 235 38.8%

2020 (so far) 42 31 42.5%

The numbers ain’t good.
The cops just need to shoot and kill a bunch more criminal White guys. Who would care? It's obviously unfair and unjust that more whites aren't shot and killed by the police. Once the statistics and percentages balance out, there would be equality and fairness. Actually, based on overall white and black population percentages, if the percentage of whites killed were greater than blacks , there would be less arguing.

Last edited by 90503; 06-05-2020 at 09:37 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #82
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
Uh-huh. I believe everything the media and the internet have to say as well....

No one has an agenda. It's all factual reporting you can take to the bank...

In the mean time, here is some common sense:

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=255417985548306&_rdr
Old 06-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #83
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
It's not a few bad apples,...it's been going on forever and it shouldn't. Cops should be people we all consider good and want to have around. Not what they currently are in this country. Even as a white person, when was the last time you were driving around and felt relieved with a cop driving behind you? Even if you aren't doing anything illegal? I know I dont. That's not how cops should be seen by the public they serve. It's just I know all I'm going to deal with is a minor hassle if they pull me over - 0% chance they'll hurt me, not potentially killed or roughed up like a black person has a real chance to be.
...although I could go on about other thing's you've said, I'll just stop on this one.

This is the single biggest issue I have with people of your mindset. How in the hell, can you possibly believe, that this is an issue with the majority of policemen and women? I honestly feel sad for you if you truly believe most cops are just bad guys...bad apples.

Of course there are some bad apples. There are also cops who are otherwise good people that make a bad decision on a bad day. That doesn't justify their actions, and they should be disciplined! But I DO BELIEVE that most cops took their oath to serve and protect, with the intention to serve and protect! Many of them are put in stressful situations every single day and have to make split second, life altering decisions. We don't see all the good they do, but when one of them messes up, social media and the media in general shines A HUGE freaking spotlight on it. Now suddenly there must be a widespread problem??

Why should I feel "relieved" to have a cop behind me? Do I get nervous or afraid when a cop is around me. Heck no, but at the same time when I notice a cop (for example while driving) I know I had better obey the laws. Am I afraid to pass a cop who happens to be driving 2mph under the limit? No.

"F*** THE COPS". So...just F*** all cops?? Or maybe not all of them are so bad. What if i turned this around and said "F*** THE BLACKS" due to seeing looting or beatings or killings or whatever. No...it ain't right. That would be unfair to apply to an entire group.

Got to love the intolerant folks...the righteous standing for a cause. </sarcasm> Drew Brees says two days ago how he will never agree with those that kneel for the nation anthem. He says thoughts of his grandfathers fighting in wars and everything our vets have gone through occasionally brings him to tears.

He got ripped a new one for stanting an opinion. They said "Drew, how can you NOT understand that this isn't about the flag...it's about police brutality and justice and reform!! What is wrong with you??"

Yet none of them (from Lebron James to everyone else)...did they ever stop to think that just maybe Drew happens to be a smart person that DOES understand why some folks choose to kneel, but he just doesn't agree and feels if he did the same he would be disrespecting his grand fathers? Did they?? Why can Lebron have one opinion, but Drew can't have his. Of course Drew caved the next day, and make his forced apology.

Please explain that one to me cellsafe.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:01 PM   #84

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
https://youtu.be/JtPfoEvNJ74 Interesting perspective and statistics...

90503 is offline   Reply With Quote