Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #15
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist ZL1 View Post
Thanks for the replies. There is some useful info in here even though no bites from someone who chanced using a cover on the OEM wheel. I will take your advice trickster and buy some sonax for the "A" touch points and just use a little mild soap and water for the other areas like the knee cushion. That said I am still thinking of buying this "Gooogo Black Carbon Fiber Luxury Leather Chevy Camaro ZL1 Steering Wheel Cover" from Amazon. It looks nice in the pics but dont they always.

Mark, your interior looks nice. That wheel looks high end and I would have never guessed your stitching was sharpied from the pics. I personally dont mind the alcantara look in the Z, and I dont think I could drop close to 2 grand on the interior to change it to carbon fiber and leather as you have done even if it looks good and will be easier to maintain. I am assuming the wheel is 1k and the CF dash and SS parts another 1k.
The wheel was 950, the dash was 500 ordered with the car, and the door cards were about 650 each. It seems I really do dislike alcantara quite a bit.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:02 PM   #16
Twist ZL1

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
The wheel was 950, the dash was 500 ordered with the car, and the door cards were about 650 each. It seems I really do dislike alcantara quite a bit.
Sure does seem that way. Still it looks great, I just don't think I could drop that kinda coin when A) I still owe 20k on the car and B) I haven't gotten it ppf'd yet. At 2k your closing in on the hood, front fascia, and quater panels wrapped in ppf.

I just reread your reply. $650 each! Yowza. Yep, you hate alcantara. Its offical.
Twist ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:13 PM   #17
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist ZL1 View Post
Sure does seem that way. Still it looks great, I just don't think I could drop that kinda coin when A) I still owe 20k on the car and B) I haven't gotten it ppf'd yet. At 2k your closing in on the hood, front fascia, and quater panels wrapped in ppf.

I just reread your reply. $650 each! Yowza. Yep, you hate alcantara. Its offical.
Get the ppf. Alcantara replacement can wait.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:48 AM   #18
North of You

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
Will throw in my 2 cents .....

I’m not a big fan of the look, but, I bought some driving gloves in day one, and not a mark on the wheel and shifter so far .
North of You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:56 AM   #19
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Get the ppf. Alcantara replacement can wait.
I second this. worry about the paint first dude. That Sonax alcantara cleaner is excellent from what I've heard.

I have a bottle sitting in my basement, gonna give it a go sometime this summer on my rides.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote