#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-17-2020, 07:03 PM   #29
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Oh, I agree with you: the regular V720 has to be different than the ACR V720. I have never heard of anyone with chunking, de-laminating, and/or separation issues on the ACR version like people do with the regular V720. I know some people claim that they have run the regular V720 on track with no issues but I have personally seen quite a few different people run them in autox and several people in Lemons or track days have issues with them. They have good pace, but severely lack the durability. Sad because the old Kumho tire from late 2000's/early 2010's was awesome (forget that tires name XS-something).

The Yokohamas were under some review, but last I read (end of last month), the case has been dropped.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...rburgring-lap/

several came apart at Nuremberg. I think the Khumo track tire was made to make fast laps on the ACR here state side but not "raced" if that makes sense.

I didnt think shaved tires were legal in any SCCA street tire class guess I was wrong.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #30
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Will it mess with stability track having the 355s on rear and lets say the the 295 vipers on front?
Yes those viper fronts are stupid short, at 295/25, they would really piss off the stability track.