#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-03-2019, 07:54 PM   #29
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
What class are you running that requires 200+. Some of them are okay with 100 if that's how it came from the factory.
Grand Champion, because why not?! Haha.

In the rules, it's stated as such.

https://www.lsfest.com/wp-content/up...nLSFWRules.pdf

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #30
Exgermanowner

Drives: Bone stock
I'm anxious to hear your feedback. I have a base ZL1 and plan on getting the ZLE spec wheels for the track and have been looking at the 007's, but have them shaved down to 5/32's. Don't need wet traction. I'll drive slower, but won't go on track in the rain.

I still wish like hell, GY would make the F1 Supercar 3's in the ZLE spec. That would be the ticket. I've been seriously impressed with the grip and wear, so with some extra width, they would kill.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #31
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
They are definitely a smaller contact patch, but I sort of knew that going in. They look great at the ride quality is superb.

I'll let you know how they track next week.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #32
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Hi all,

Well, I went with the PS4's in stock ZLE size. Understanding that I DO NOT track or street race the car, I have found the PS4's to be an exceptional tire. Yes, the GY3R's will outstick them, and may have a minor degree of 'crisper' turn in. But on the street, or across the mountains, or 99.9% of other driving that most do, you will most likely be unable to tell the handling difference from the GY's.

With the advantage of way, way better tire mileage, and little, if any, perceivable felt difference in handling, I'm loving the PS4's. I would really like to see a totally stock ZLE do a back to back tire test between the GY3R's and the PS4's. I bet there would be very little difference shown on the skid pad. The absolute only issue, which is IMO very, very minor, is the PS4's are a bit louder than the GY3R's, an issue I did expect as there is more tread for tread noise.

For the street, I believe the PS4's are great.

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #33
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Ive had these S007A tires since they came out with the 325-30-19 tire last year. I got the first set i think. These tires are pretty good in my mind. They look really good on the car although not as good as the factory street legal slicks, but they look good.

They have good straight away grip when above 50 degrees, and hook well above 70 degrees. The ride is just as stiff as stock to me, and the turn in seems to be as good as stock, once the first 500 miles got on the tires. The ultimate grip, in the rear, in turns is not quite as good. It holds really well, but when really pushed to hard, the rears will break loose quicker than the stock tires, which seemed to hold on forever and will never break loose under cornering (not power). I got mine installed for under $1000 with rebates, and that is the best bang for the buck you are going to get for the ZLE. I have not had these tires at the track, but have been pushed very hard on the street and in the mountains of NC.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote