#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-04-2016, 11:00 AM   #43
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
This really is a good time to be a car enthusiast.
100% this.

This debate is stupid and happens every time someone puts out a new version of a vehicle; 100% subjective and skewed from whatever one's point of view happens to be.

The RS is "just a Focus" as much as the Z/28 is "just a Camaro" as much as the Z06 is "just a Corvette" as much as an AMG is just a big boring Mercedes.

Like it or not, it's silly to crap all over something because of a badge. I see a capable AWD 350hp turbo car.

Quote:
Is it ridiculous? To us it is, but not to public. Which is why you should never buy a car like this to impress anyone but yourself. There will always be someone who can't or won't appreciate the difference.
Bingo! Including some members of online car forums
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #44
RaceFuel

Drives: A boring sedan
I was at the Portland International Auto Show last Friday with my girlfriend and they had a Focus RS there on display. It was locked up so you couldn't sit in it, but it is a neat looking car.
I think it'll sell okay for the market they want to compete in however it will have some work to do to get "street cred" in the WRX STI/Evo/Golf R crowd I think.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #45
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
i think the point hes making is that cars should be compared as stock vs stock. anyone with enough money can make a focus RS outrun a Veyron. That doesn't make it a better car...it just means that the dude with the focus made it that way. its not an accurate representation of the car, its a representation of what can be done with money and modifications.

im never impressed when I hear "bla bla bla with a swap and giant turbo runs down a P1"...who cares? yea I get it, its fast good job. but don't compare modified cars to factory stock cars.
"No fair! Your car isn't stock!"

Most serious car enthusiasts buy a car as a canvas, not a finished product. Some canvases have more potential than others. It's very relevant.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #46
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
This car has two competitors over here in the USA (STI and Golf R). Overseas it has other extreme hot hatches to compete against. I don't see it getting very much love here after initial hype dies down. I say that because I really don't see many people, aside from those who are really into a car such as this, stepping up to pay 36K for a Focus. Yes, it's had a ton of extra engineering and technology put into it to make it go faster but the market isn't as big here for it.

I could be proven wrong and it could sell like hot cakes. I just don't see many jumping on this bandwagon when you can get more performance for a couple grand more (Camaro, Mustang and tons of others on the used market).

Edit: forgot another competitor: the Mercedes CLA45 AMG. Or at least I could see it being a competitor but good luck pulling those sales lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53

Last edited by xc_SS/RS; 02-04-2016 at 04:27 PM.
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #47
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
The Focus is impressive, but, I don't think 40K+ impressive.

I'll gladly run a modded one at the track with my "modded" GT that they apparently beat stock vs. stock and mod vs. mod according to some here.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #48
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
I'll pay 40K for a hatch that will kill SS Camaros and GT Mustangs.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #49
IntricateDetail

Drives: '12 Corvette GS / '13 Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Well now your assuming I think the Z/28 is worth $75K. I never said I agree with anything GM has done around the Camaro, nor do I drive a Z/28.

Oh the Corvette people... putting your noses in the air claiming superiority. If I wanted a top end performance car... I wouldn't have purchased a Camaro. Shit I wouldn't buy a Corvette either... If I wanted a family car that could go fast I wouldn't buy a Genesis.

Ford Focuses are the generic run of the mill car from Ford. I purchase my cars for the looks that I like. So it is obviously subjective... It is never really a performance purchase for me. So my statement above I stand behind. The Focus is an ugly car in my eyes and so is the Genesis.

Go back to your Corvette troll cave and eat some over heating Stingray A8 transmissions.
Erm, first...I read about Camaros and Corvettes...so I frequent both forums. Sorry that seems to rub you the wrong way (makes no sense...and I'm starting to see a pattern here).

I don't own either of these cars. I'm looking at a long list of cars and will make my final decision in the coming months.

Nobody ever said you couldn't have an opinion....the reality still remains that your argument is only valid to you. So if you're cool with that, then...cool.

Everyone out there has the prerogative to think that something else is lame. But the fact that you get so bent out of shape over "Corvette troll...head stuck in the air" losers....while calling out a car you've never driven and have no clue how it performs in the real world etc....just goes to show that you weren't interested in reality...unless it's your reality...because you are doing the exact same thing you say Corvette owners do. "Well even if 1,000,000 people like that car, I don't....so there. It's run of the mill, and ugly." Uh, literally...that's exactly what Corvette owners say....so I guess you are exactly like them. Congrats.

There are tons of people that think the Camaro is ugly....so again, your point is only valid to you. Which is cool...but quit trying to make it fact. It's your opinion, not a fact.
IntricateDetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #50
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Hell yeah! 345HP (holy shit this is more than my 5.7L HEMI from 2005) and AWD and I DON'T have to drive around a rice burner in the new england weather?

About time this came to the states!
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #51
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
Pay 40k for a hatch that a stock 37k ss or gt will kill. Then you will have to put a few thousand into the 40k hatch to kill a stock ss or gt. Then the ss or gt can easily be modded for a few thousand to kill the modded rs. Makes perfect sense!
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #52
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
It's quick and could keep up, but I don't see it being able to kill SS Camaros or GT Mustangs right out of the box.

Using the VIR Lightning Lap data:

2013 Camaro SS 1LE: 3:01.5
2015 Mustang GT: 3:05.2
20-2 Mustang GT Boss 302 Laguna Seca: 3:02.8

The Focus RS Competitors in this test:

2015 Golf R: 3:12.5
2015 WRX STI: 3:10.5

With mods? Sure. But anything is possible when you add mods.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #53
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
36,605 with destination.

And yes, it's a Focus variant. However it's very well priced with the outgoing Evo and WRX STI.

345 HP..AWD..seems like a good deal. It more than likely won't be stowed away in winter like a lot of 6th Gen garage queen Camaro's will be because they can't handle weather, or snow.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:26 AM   #54
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
My apologies for not being clearer. What modded car (modded xxxx) will the modded Focus RS run down?

At $42,970 with options, I can get a 1SS for $36,300 and save $6,670.
well i wasnt trying to be like oh man haha camaro gonna get smoked or something like that .. i mean anyone who looks at this car and scoff at it cause its a focus is going to have hurt feeling .. the same way people would treat me in the srt4
Old 02-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #55
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
This little car is going to cause a lot of butt-hurt. My son has a FiST and it's a blast to drive, I can only imagine what the RS will be like.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #56
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarc View Post
well i wasnt trying to be like oh man haha camaro gonna get smoked or something like that .. i mean anyone who looks at this car and scoff at it cause its a focus is going to have hurt feeling .. the same way people would treat me in the srt4
I see what you're saying. I had a guy in a Cobolt SS all over my ZL1 when I first got it and I was like WTF.?? The Focus RS is a badass little car but not my thing. I'll be watching for them and will give an approving nod.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote