Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
serialmike

Drives: Camaro 1ls
2013 Camaro 1LS

Hi all, New member. Been lurking on and off for about a year and a half.

Long ago I was gonna get a SS loaded up. Money constraints put a hamper on that. Recently things have allowed me to think about getting a Camaro again but not the big 8 loaded out.

So I started looking at performance and realized the V6 is no slouch and runs 0-60 in 6 and 1/4 in 14.2. I was quite surprised. Im now 40 and comparing to the older days thats faster than the old monster mustangs gt's of the 80's

Finally to my question. I drove a Ashen Gray 1LS yesterday very briefly and I seemed to be smiling for most of the time It seemed fun and powerful especially compared to my old 79 berlinetta, or 84ho z28 or my old 92 RS.

Is there anything I should know that I would be greatly missing off the 1LS that should make me wait for higher model (which could be a long while) or should I just pull the trigger and enjoy?

Further info is it will be a lease for just three years so I can buy it out after or let her go. Also of note is its a third fun car not a daily driver.

Thanks in advance and great to finally join Don't know why I waited.
serialmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
I have a 2012 2LS and absolutely love it. There are many differences between the two and I know someone will chime in very shortly in detail..

But just to sum up my feelings on it is, Its a incredibly powerful v6 engine that still gets great MPG (22-25mpg) here its very peppy. The gear ratio I "Believe" is different on the LS than it is on the v6 lt.. don't quote me on that. Any different accessory that isn't on the LS (such as fog lights, halos, 4 gauge cluster) can be added yourself for a fraction of the price.

Most "average" people will not be able to tell the difference exterior wise between an RS or an SS. Its truly the best car to get that is affordable and you can save some $$$ for mods to make it yours and stand out! I came from an 07 Avalanche decked out.. and have no complaints or regrets only thing I'm ever jealous on the V8 is the tone of it!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Not sure if the 1LS offers manual mode and/or sport mode like the 1LT and 2LT models do, so you may want to look into that. Otherwise the performance feel should be similar! If the 1LS is the manual, disregard that.

Also, I can't remember anymore if the 1LS has the 3.27 rear end or 2.92 rear end. I think the 2LS has the 2.92s, so that may be worth checking into.

The LFX is a great engine. Not encouraging you to mod it, but if you feel the need it responds well to simple changes. If your curious about what can be done, take a look at the LFX V6 section here on the site.

Good luck.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Also, I can't remember anymore if the 1LS has the 3.27 rear end or 2.92 rear end. I think the 2LS has the 2.92s, so that may be worth checking into.
That is what I was referring too in my op.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Biggest question is what are you going to pay for the 1LS? Whats the price difference to say a 1LT/RS? Sometimes higher mileage is worth it for a higher model.

Personally I traded my '12 1LS for a '10SS... my LS had 8K when it traded her in for my SS w/ 55K. Well worth it.

Not saying you need to go SS but a 1LT/2LT with a little more mileage might be more enjoyable for you. The RS package alone is worth it....

Edit: Just saw you were looking at a '13 (new car). You may want to check out some '11 or '12's to save some cash. New is not always worth it!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
serialmike

Drives: Camaro 1ls
Thanks for the info guys. Its going to be a lease. I am at about my limit making the 1LS happen at 258 a month. Going up will just make the monthly to high.

Perhaps Comrando answered it with One Camaro is better than no Camaro lol.

Yes the 1LS or at least the one I will be getting is a stick.

Feel free to add more info, I do appreciate it.
serialmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
samhardy2008

Drives: 2012 3.6 camaro
Well first off the 1ls is manual only and has a 3.27 rear end ratio, and the 2ls has a 2.92 rear end ratio.....and well i guess there isn't a second off lol....but honestly if i could go back and do it again i would still stay with the ls model but i would get the 1 ls....just really want a stick now.....but can't go wrong with either one....love my car...i really want to get lighter wheels and ditch the steel wheels....would love lighter wheels,turbo and a more aggressive rear end ratio...and beefer drive train lol.