Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #15
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just GOFL View Post
Wait so were you serious when they said you can get a Z/28 with rs headlights ig you pick red? That seems really weird to me
Not serious.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I still laugh when people call this thing stripped. Unless I'm incorrect it still has power windows, mirror, trunk, the LS radio, tilt wheel, power brakes, power steering, cruise control, power locks, tinted glass, rear defogger, heat, airbags, onstar, tilt wheel, center console, etc. Back in the 80s if a car came standard with this stuff it was called loaded. sounds like the only bells and whistles they removed are sound deadening, five speakers, and the a/c (which you can still get) Back when they first did the third gen 1LE's all they had was go fast stuff. It didn't have a fraction of the stuff the z28 has.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I still laugh when people call this thing stripped. Unless I'm incorrect it still has power windows, mirror, trunk, the LS radio, tilt wheel, power brakes, power steering, cruise control, power locks, tinted glass, rear defogger, heat, airbags, onstar, tilt wheel, center console, etc. Back in the 80s if a car came standard with this stuff it was called loaded. sounds like the only bells and whistles they removed are sound deadening, five speakers, and the a/c (which you can still get) Back when they first did the third gen 1LE's all they had was go fast stuff. It didn't have a fraction of the stuff the z28 has.
back then the requirments for street legal werent so extravagent. gm did say a streetable track car...they didnt say a car you have to trailer to the track.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
TPAJETSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
back then the requirments for street legal werent so extravagent. gm did say a streetable track car...they didnt say a car you have to trailer to the track.
Other than airbags, I don't believe I listed anything that is a requirement to be street legal. Nevertheless, it wasn't my point. My point was what we as a society consider to be necessities in an automobile, at one time were considered luxuries. How many people here have ever operated a crank window, or needed to stick a key in the door to open it up?
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #19
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post

They call that the COPO.......
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
I Have, actually yesterday. 88 Ford F-150 pickup. Several previous work cars had them also, 93 Toyota Tercel, 89 & 91 Cavalier, 86 Nissan 200SX and many other cars I have owned.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #21
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I hope people don't start to actively complain about how the Z28 isn't well optioned...

People wanted a pure track-oriented, street legal racer well here you go.

You want higher-but-less-refined performance and all the bells n' whistles, that's what a ZL1 is for.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #22
tvwilkes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I was real excited to buy the LS7 Camaro. Now that's its a stripped car, I will buy a ZL1. Not everyone wants a stripper track car.
tvwilkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #23
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
A/C is also optional
Old 03-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #24
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
In todays paradigm the Z/28 would be considered fairly stripped. It would be quite expensive to make a true stripped 5th gen as it was never designed for it. 3rd and 4th gens were designed from the onstart to have true no option bare bones base models. I dont think theres a car in existence today that is truly stripped anymore. I was quite surprised to see went to the extent of taking out sound deadener, using manual seats and thinned glass, and keeping the radio simple with one speaker. It would have been an extensive job to eliminate the radio as its part of the can-bus wiring data stream as well as all the chimes go thru the audio. The electrical system would have to be completely overhauled for even the airbags to work.
94turbolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #25
Forty5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
I hope people don't start to actively complain about how the Z28 isn't well optioned...

You want higher-but-less-refined performance and all the bells n' whistles, that's what a ZL1 is for.

has a nice topshelf menu now... LFX, SS, 1LE, ZL1, Z/28. Pick 1, pick 2, etc.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #26
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post

Yes.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #27
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
y would u wnt to the rs package makes the car look even worse it doesnt flow at all
Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #28
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Other than airbags, I don't believe I listed anything that is a requirement to be street legal. Nevertheless, it wasn't my point. My point was what we as a society consider to be necessities in an automobile, at one time were considered luxuries. How many people here have ever operated a crank window, or needed to stick a key in the door to open it up?
I used to own a car that sometimes needed a push to start the engine.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote