Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-14-2018, 05:40 AM   #29
Reidar94

Drives: ZL1
They sent technicians with one of GM's computers, which they plugged into the car and I dont know which software they used. Also I dont have the logs as they wont give them out (policy).
The car is fully-specced, so yes it has PDR.
They have gone over the car on 3 occasions (this has happened 3 times in 3 separate months) and they're saying its fine.

All the fluids had been changed the day before the datalogging track day.

And there was a second ZL1 6th gen the same day which also got transmission overheat and power steering failure
Reidar94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:07 AM   #30
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidar94 View Post
They sent technicians with one of GM's computers, which they plugged into the car and I dont know which software they used. Also I dont have the logs as they wont give them out (policy).
The car is fully-specced, so yes it has PDR.
They have gone over the car on 3 occasions (this has happened 3 times in 3 separate months) and they're saying its fine.

All the fluids had been changed the day before the datalogging track day.

And there was a second ZL1 6th gen the same day which also got transmission overheat and power steering failure

Great is has PDR, do you have any sessions recorded? If you could please upload to drop box, google drive, etc the MP4 file(s) of when you were overheating we can take a look. There is a LOT of data being captured in those files. Plus we love track videos of our cars taking down other cars
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:00 AM   #31
full*throttle*therapy

Quote:

WOW! 2nd one with the same issues? What on earth are the odds?

We have a 2nd opportunity to review data from a completely different source! Do you know this individual? ask him to join and post his data if his car was so equipped.

How about the TSB? What was the outcome of this?
Old 06-14-2018, 08:20 AM   #32
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Yes
Curious about this TSB fix?
I’m sure it’s part of your Pb ....
Did you put that protection on your wire?
Did you try it after?
Let us know!!!!!!
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #33
full*throttle*therapy

......... crickets .................
Old 06-19-2018, 02:07 AM   #34
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Exactly, especially since GM was so proud of their 11 coolers that would make it harder to overheat. The car was acting very strange tbh during that track day, the engine temp went from normal operating temp and when accelerating the digital needle went straight up to overheating and as soon as I let go the temp went down immediately (according to the digital needle) and then straight back up which is really weird. An engine does not fluctuate like that in temperature whilst driving. So im guessing probably some electrical issues along with the overheating :/
You installig the 1LE Areo kit did something. Do not shoot the messenger. If you attempt to get assistance from General Motors they will tell you the same thing. That areo package did something & in my opinion air is not getting somewhere. The A10 overheating is extremely rare!!!