Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #1247
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
For comparison:
Attached Images

Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #1248
Gabhart

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Not as bad as it could be. I want the factory line lock!
Gabhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #1249
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
good news for those of us with 16-18 camaros... our value just went up!!!

Really.. thats what they did with the refresh? maybe it will grow on us... maybe.

The front end is terrible just terrible. I dont mind the back though.

The turbo 1LE will be interesting but still igly.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #1250
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
good news for those of us with 16-18 camaros... our value just went up!!!
Unlikely.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:01 AM   #1251
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Hmm.

I see no big deal here. Just kind of tweaked a little.

RS front: Sort of looks like it is smiling. Not bad, but not a look that I particularly like all that much.

SS front: Kind of like it, but am not wild about it. I like it more than the RS front. I like my '16 SS front more than either of the '19 fronts.

I would like to see what both new fronts look like with a black car.

Rear Tail light changes: They look ok to me. Neither better nor worse. Although, if I had to pick, I think I like the more angular look of the 2016 tail lights. But, not by a whole lot.

I give this update a solid "meh".

Perhaps the Market will speak and sales will increase, who knows?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:01 AM   #1252
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
It's beginning to grow on me. I am okay with everything except the new character line along the bottom of the rear fascia at this point....
Old 04-09-2018, 09:04 AM   #1253
Stocktastic

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHLISS View Post
WOW just seen the pics on facebook.. I thought the 18 mustang refresh was bad.... Seriously disappointed with GM. Not even kinda good looking....
This.
Stocktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:05 AM   #1254
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Unlikely.
agreed, its a joke but based off looks... it could happen

#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #1255
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabhart View Post
Not as bad as it could be. I want the factory line lock!
I thought I did too until I tried to use it. The menu system is terribly clunky for it. The brake pressure cannot be varried like a real line lock(it forces you to use 100% brake pressure). There's a significant delay on the rollout which makes a short burnout nearly impossible. It forces you into launch control mode after you use it, and it takes several seconds to get set back up with nannies and launch control off.

In short..It's clearly designed by people who have never drag raced anywhere but private tracks.

It's managable if you don't care about holding up the show at the drag strip while you fumble through menus, but I just gave up on it. A physical line-lock button with functionality similar to what real drag racers use would have worked 1000x better.

Hopefully the '19s are better, but I doubt they move too far from their existing design.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:11 AM   #1256
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I thought I did too until I tried to use it. The menu system is terribly clunky for it. The brake pressure cannot be varried like a real line lock(it forces you to use 100% brake pressure). There's a significant delay on the rollout which makes a short burnout nearly impossible. It forces you into launch control mode after you use it, and it takes several seconds to get set back up with nannies and launch control off.

In short..It's clearly designed by people who have never drag raced anywhere but private tracks.

It's managable if you don't care about holding up the show at the drag strip while you fumble through menus, but I just gave up on it. A physical line-lock button with functionality similar to what real drag racers use would have worked 1000x better.

Hopefully the '19s are better, but I doubt they move too far from their existing design.
I didn't think it was that difficult? I had the settings menu/launch control up and ready while rolling into place...then it was about two or three clicks + pedal pressure.

If you press the Cruise control and menu center buttons at the same time it'll let you out early, too. But I've only done this 3 or 4 times because these tires are....well....I don't have the wallet to sustain this feature.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #1257
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I didn't think it was that difficult? I had the settings menu/launch control up and ready while rolling into place...then it was about two or three clicks + pedal pressure.
If you are planning to use launch control it isn't nearly as bad. The biggest problem is turning off launch control, traction control, and stabilitrak after the burnout, and then getting your car staged before you piss off the guy staging next to you. There are several clicks to do that with a press and hold step that requires at least a few seconds. This seems like an eternity under the pressure of a busy drag strip event. There's no way to preconfigure to not use launch control after using line-lock, but there's no reason line-lock needs to be coupled to any configuration. After you're finished with line-lock it should simply revert back to how it was setup prior to enabling line-lock, but it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
If you press the Cruise control and menu center buttons at the same time it'll let you out early, too. But I've only done this 3 or 4 times because these tires are....well....I don't have the wallet to sustain this feature.
What I'm saying is, on a short burnout, there is a delay between pressing the two buttons at the same time and the car rolling out. If you roast the tires it seems to rollout fine immediately after pressing the buttons, but on a short burnout, just to clean the tires, it always forces me into a much longer burnout than I really want.

The issue I have with Chevrolet's line-lock, is they over complicated the crap out of it, and their design is far less functional than what's been in use for decades by drag racers. I get having a software-backed system with safety measures etc., but there is no reason they couldn't still do that with a single physical button design that works more like a regular line-lock.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #1258
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
This is ****ing awful

Come on, the front facia is better, the hood is better, The SS gets the 10 speed, the rear cover has more body lines. Not impressed with the tail lamps, no HP bump, no price changes and no less content cars.

I guess the 1LE 4 banger might interest some, but Camaro needed the 10 speed auto across the board, need the SS HP bump and needed less content across the board to lower the prices of each and every Camaro from the 2.0, to the ZL1 and shake up mustang with mass interest/appeal. Look at how much Mustang did on there 2018 refresh that affected the entire line up that had widespread appeal. Ford added performance thru the engine, trans, tires, suspension, mechanical and electronic technology. Mustang needed all of it to equal the Camaro performance, but why let Mustang get so close when Camaro had a chance to pull away again. Camaro isn't selling, you can do better Chevy.

Last edited by lt4camaro; 04-09-2018 at 10:04 AM.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #1259
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Come on, the front facia is better, the hood is better, The SS gets the 10 speed, the rear cover has more body lines. Not impressed with the tail lamps, no HP bump, no price changes and no less content cars.
Front is subjective. I think the 2016 - 18 is way more aggressive, the hood is better, the rear cover body line looks like someone backed into the edge of a deck, and those tail lights are hideous. They look like an aftermarket afterthought stuck into the same opening as the current ones with the addition of some cutouts in the bumper cover. Not sure why they made them so bulbous like googly eyes.

A10, meh, I like to shift. I bet the 1LE will still be manual only. Would have been cool to see a u speed manual, but I dont even use 6 that much.

Now we wait for the 2020 model... lol
Old 04-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #1260
Cgocifer

Ah ha, the inspiration for the 2019 SS front bumper area.

https://goo.gl/images/3G2qEJ