Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Questions about short throw shifter

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading the standard manual shifter in my new 2018. It's not as if I'm all that unhappy with what it has, but I've ordered the GM performance exhaust and the shop I'm going to have install it could also do the shifter at the same time.

So I've read some of the threads here on the subject, but am still a bit confused.

1) Is 24287123 the correct part number? This also appears to be the same upgraded shifter for the SS, and some suppliers list it as the upgrade shifter for the LGX, while other sites list it as the upgrade for the SS. Near as I can tell it's both, but I'm not 100% sure.

2) What are the warranty considerations if I go with the Hurst rather than GM?

3) Will changing the shifter change the shift pattern given that R is on the other side on the V8? I'm assuming it won't, but not entirely sure.

4) Is this something I really want? I'm not so much looking for quicker shifts. I'm just not that impressed with what it has now. Perhaps this is just because I need to get more familiar with this particular shifter and a 6-speed which I've never owned, but I find myself inadvertently going from 2nd to 5th rather than 3rd occasionally and similar problems while downshifting. I'm sure this situation will improve with more experience and maybe a short throw isn't the answer to that problem anyway. I'm just looking for general impressions of either the Hurst or GM short throw with everyday driving vs the factory original.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #2
Drumbc

Drives: 2016 v6 Camaro
https://overkillautogarage.com/produ...-short-shifter

This is the correct one, as far as I know I was the first to have it installed on a v6 6th gen I love it and I love the look.... my clutch has just started slipping tho doubt it’s from the shifter more of a combo my hard shifts/dragsttip plus making 312whp...
Drumbc is offline   Reply With Quote