Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #15
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Thank you everyone. As I said earlier, I'm going to get up in the A.M. and contact the dealer first thing. I'm positive they will fix it. If they have to order the window, wonder if I can talk them into taking it from a Camaro on the lot...hmmm....LOL

Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted with the results and I have to say, I am proud to be a member of the holy s**t club! This car is AWESOME!
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #16
dragon22

The dealer got back to me today and no issues with replacing the window. Only problem is the closest one available to them has to come from the States, but they are expediting the whole thing so I'm not out a car for too long.

The service manager says he hopes to have it here by Wednesday.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
CRChevy
MARO MAN

Drives: Orange 2010 Camaro 2RS
Congrats your goinna love that beast
CRChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #18
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
man, save up for a year and get the BEAST in 2012 lol

I've considered trading up to it.. but ive grown so attached to mine and the ZL1 seems like more of a track car. Don't know if I would ever "use" it

How much did you get for your V6?
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #19
dragon22

You have to keep in mind we pay a LOT more for our cars up here than the U.S.

They offered me $30,000 for my car...had the SS priced at $37,995. That price, by the way, is less than I paid for my 2LT/RS!

Anyway, it was a deal I couldn't pass up. And as for the ZL1...it sure would be nice to have, but I agree with you. It seems like more of a track car and to be driving it on our streets would destroy it in short order. I've never seen so many pot holes and frost heaves in this city before!

But, if a guy had the money, it would be a nice toy to have. I'm thinking they will be asking upwards of $70,000 for the ZL1 in Canada.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #20
dragon22

Took my car back to the dealer today to have the rear window replaced. Before I drove there, I got as much glass out of the back deck as I could, but it wasn't enough and as it landed on my trunk and 1/4 panels on the way to the dealer, it scratched the paint quite bad. :(

But...being the great dealer they are and the wonderful staff they have...they are repainting the back of my car, replacing the glass, shampooing the carpets, fixing a door ding it had when I picked it up and put me in a rental to boot!

These guys are awesome! I sure hope I have it back by Saturday. If I do, then I will be taking it in for 3M to protect the front end.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #21
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
OP: Congrats on getting yourself a beautiful car! Bummer about the window, but I'm glad to hear you have such awesome dealer service!

I'm shopping for a 2SS right now (haven't fully sold my wife on the upgrade from the V6 yet, but that's another story altogether), but the ones I am finding in my area and in Winnipeg (I'm in north west Ontario, real remote from the cities) are asking $45K plus for a 2SS. Might I ask what dealer you used?

BTW, I seriously doubt it was cold weather that shattered the back glass. We get well below -35C here and I have never once heard of that happening.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #22
MontanaKnight

Drives: Dreaming Of the 2011 SS2 A6 - Soon
Congrads
MontanaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #23
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
OP: Congrats on getting yourself a beautiful car! Bummer about the window, but I'm glad to hear you have such awesome dealer service!

I'm shopping for a 2SS right now (haven't fully sold my wife on the upgrade from the V6 yet, but that's another story altogether), but the ones I am finding in my area and in Winnipeg (I'm in north west Ontario, real remote from the cities) are asking $45K plus for a 2SS. Might I ask what dealer you used?

BTW, I seriously doubt it was cold weather that shattered the back glass. We get well below -35C here and I have never once heard of that happening.
Hello there, and thank you.

I also doubt it was the cold weather. My wife said there was ice on the rear window and I couldn't understand that because there was none anywhere else. LOL I think it was a flaw in the window itself.

I used Southgate Chevrolet in Calgary. It was the last 2SS from 2010 and they had had it on their lot long enough that they were losing money on it.

I noticed that Jack Carter Chevrolet has an SS for sale for around $37,000 but it is a 1SS.

As for the dealer, they are bending over backwards for me. I have never had such awesome service from anywhere before. A lot of companies could really learn from the staff and management at Southgate!

As for the wife, it took me a while to talk her into an SS and we almost backed out as she was concerned about the payments. But when she realized the payment only went up about $50 per month, she was fine.

Good luck on finding one for yourself. If they sit on the dealers lot long enough, they will let them go. Remember, most everyone shopping wants a 2011 and not "old stock". I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #24
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
i also went in to get my car apraised yesterday... i have a 2LT and its just not making me as happy as a 2SS would. So now i need to find a quality dealership that can work with me and make me an offer just like you(i can't refuse). Congrats on the upgrade and i hope i join you guys soon.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #25
dragon22

Take your time and shop around. If you're like me and would be happy with a 2010 SS, look for them sitting on the lots. Most people just don't want the "old" stock and as long as it sits on the dealer's lots, they are losing money on them.

Good luck with your venture!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #26
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
strange indeed, was the window down prior to closing(indexing), to alleviate the cabin pressure?

btw, congrats..I'm going to stick w/ my V6(gas mileage/adequate power)
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #27
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Congrats on the upgrade. Did the same thing myself about a year ago had a 1LT/RS and traded it in for a 2SS/RS.

On your glass that is odd. Reminds me of my moms glass table. They were inside looking in their back yard and the table glass just exploded. Manufacture replaced it said it was a defect in the manufacture of the glass.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #28
dragon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
strange indeed, was the window down prior to closing(indexing), to alleviate the cabin pressure?

btw, congrats..I'm going to stick w/ my V6(gas mileage/adequate power)
You know...I honestly can't say for sure. That is the ONLY reason I can figure that the window would blow out. I did PDI's on the Camaro when they came out in the 80's with the hatch back. I remember the rear windows would literally blow right out of them if you closed the hatch too hard with the doors shut. The first time it happened in the shop, we were all just stunned! That's how air tight those cars were! LOL

I am going to be watching the indexing on my windows very carefully. I certainly don't want this to happen again, although I think it was just a freak of nature.

Thanks on the congrats. These cars get close to the same mileage...IF a person keeps their foot out of them. LOL But it will never get AS good as the V6.