#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-16-2024, 10:58 AM   #1
Nallek

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Mighty Mouse Wild Shock Tower

Hey all,

New to the forums. I bought my 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 A10 (17K miles, June 2018 build date) 1 month ago and have just ordered the first part. While I have plans for the future, this one is one I wanted to help improve the life/longevity of the engine. That said, after researching some, I decided to go with the Mighty Mouse Wild CC with the shock tower mount, 10AN line, and OEM quick connect fitting. I've watched numerous videos and read instructions and feel pretty confident in the install, with a few questions, hence the reason for the post. I've purchased all the tools I'll need including a 2~22nm torque wrench, and a new GM supercharger bolt/gasket kit, as I know the bolts that go into the head are torque to yield. While I'm waiting on things to arrive, I figured I'd pop in and ask a few questions.

Question 1: after I lift the supercharger and get the new PCV valve in, for the shock tower mount specifically, is it better to route the hose behind the engine, or around the front and under the intake? Any benefit or drawbacks to either?

Question 2: From the new PCV valve to the port has the glass slide under it? or the one on the side?

Question 3: I see some install videos where there is a hose going to the oil fill cap. I don't believe mine has that. What is it? Do I need it?

Thanks for answering!
Nallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:06 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallek View Post
Hey all,

New to the forums. I bought my 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 A10 (17K miles, June 2018 build date) 1 month ago and have just ordered the first part. While I have plans for the future, this one is one I wanted to help improve the life/longevity of the engine. That said, after researching some, I decided to go with the Mighty Mouse Wild CC with the shock tower mount, 10AN line, and OEM quick connect fitting. I've watched numerous videos and read instructions and feel pretty confident in the install, with a few questions, hence the reason for the post. I've purchased all the tools I'll need including a 2~22nm torque wrench, and a new GM supercharger bolt/gasket kit, as I know the bolts that go into the head are torque to yield. While I'm waiting on things to arrive, I figured I'd pop in and ask a few questions.

Question 1: after I lift the supercharger and get the new PCV valve in, for the shock tower mount specifically, is it better to route the hose behind the engine, or around the front and under the intake? Any benefit or drawbacks to either?

Question 2: From the new PCV valve to the port has the glass slide under it? or the one on the side?

Question 3: I see some install videos where there is a hose going to the oil fill cap. I don't believe mine has that. What is it? Do I need it?

Thanks for answering!
The -10AN line has to go to the oil fill cap! You’re not fitting that huge line under the blower LOL

I’d be interested to see that fit by the shock tower. Most of us put it by the radiator but it would be less obtrusive by the shock tower.
Old 02-16-2024, 01:22 PM   #3
Nallek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
The -10AN line has to go to the oil fill cap! You’re not fitting that huge line under the blower LOL

I’d be interested to see that fit by the shock tower. Most of us put it by the radiator but it would be less obtrusive by the shock tower.

I'll snap a pic once I get it all installed. I don't have the kit yet, so it may be a week or so.
Old 02-19-2024, 07:46 PM   #4
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks for answering!
I chose to route mine across the front, it blends in well and I used all quick disconnects for all plumbing. I didn’t have to cut any factory lines.

For your second question, I don’t understand what you are asking.

For third question a lot of high horsepower builds add a vent/line on the valve cover.
Attached Images

CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:01 PM   #5
Nallek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
I chose to route mine across the front, it blends in well and I used all quick disconnects for all plumbing. I didn’t have to cut any factory lines.

For your second question, I don’t understand what you are asking.

For third question a lot of high horsepower builds add a vent/line on the valve cover.
For question 2, which side is the "dirty" side and which is the "clean" side?
Old 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM   #6
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
For question 2, which side is the "dirty" side and which is the "clean" side?
The line from that pcv that will now go into can and then back to intake is the dirty side. So basically anything that escapes past the piston rings like unburned fuel, climate condensation and such that accumulates in the case is considered the dirty side. Everything else is considered the clean side.

Last edited by CalgaryZL1; 02-20-2024 at 06:28 PM.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote