Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-11-2021, 06:02 PM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
It would be great to have an offering in a 19” wheel that is the correct width and offset that looks just like a 1LE wheel.

Is this something that your engineering department considered?

How many other people would want to get a set of them if that was an option?

So many people like the 1LE wheel. But the only option is 20” from 2 sources.
What's the value in having it as a 19" wheel? The stock SS wheels are 20", so why not something styled similar that could accommodate the stock tires from an SS?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #16
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
What's the value in having it as a 19" wheel? The stock SS wheels are 20", so why not something styled similar that could accommodate the stock tires from an SS?
The extra sidewall on the 19” versus the 20” to help protect the rim from that elusive pothole is the value IMO. Also having the ability to stay with the 285 up front and 305 on the rear with a 10” and 11” width respectfully.

However, from the perspective of maintaining stock SS tire sizes, your idea is also good.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:20 PM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
The extra sidewall on the 19” versus the 20” to help protect the rim from that elusive pothole is the value IMO. Also having the ability to stay with the 285 up front and 305 on the rear with a 10” and 11” width respectfully.

However, from the perspective of maintaining stock SS tire sizes, your idea is also good.
Gotcha... I could see it being a plus to have a little extra sidewall for street use.

Would it make sense to have both sizes though? There would have to be a "big enough" market for each of them to make it an option to stock both sizes I would guess.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:12 PM   #18
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Gotcha... I could see it being a plus to have a little extra sidewall for street use.

Would it make sense to have both sizes though? There would have to be a "big enough" market for each of them to make it an option to stock both sizes I would guess.
At this juncture making the same wheel in two different sizes seems it could be cost prohibitive. Molds are expensive and in our conversation it would be at least 4 of them required to make these different sizes.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:43 AM   #19
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts View Post
Good point, I'll mention that to our engineering team who put this together. For reference, all of these will be a Gloss or Satin finish, we don't do Matte.

Those are potential new wheel designs we're coming out with

Hi, I think you might be mistaken with the offsets. The 19x11" ET11 does fit the front of your standard ZL1 without spacers. Spacers only become needed when you max out the camber via the spindle. If camber plates are used (which they should be for better clearance and more adjustment), no spacers are needed.

If you had an offset of +15 for example, that would move the wheel even closer to the suspension with less room to spare. For our 18" Camaro wheels, the offset will be a bit more aggressive to help with this, but you do run the risk of it being too wide past the outer fender if you get too aggressive with it.

GM did a really nice job with wheel fitment on these cars, so there isn't a whole lot of change that needs to happen with aftermarket performance wheels. This is the only community we cater to where this is the case. So congrats on that
Understood, thank you!

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:12 PM   #20
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Hello Apex team!

Are you guys building the wheels locally here in the Bay Area? If so, I wouldn't mind passing by to check out the process at some point, if possible

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #21
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Having a V6 1LE, I don't want/need super-wide wheels and tires. Have you considered making wheels narrower than 10"? I like the idea of having 19" wheels for more tire options but I don't have enough power to warrant much wider than a 275 section rear (the factory size).

Thanks!
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:22 PM   #22
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
255/40/19 fits on 10".
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:56 AM   #23
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_H_ View Post
Having a V6 1LE, I don't want/need super-wide wheels and tires. Have you considered making wheels narrower than 10"? I like the idea of having 19" wheels for more tire options but I don't have enough power to warrant much wider than a 275 section rear (the factory size).

Thanks!
They make them they are just not Camaro specific. You should be able to run the BMW wheels, they just have a larger centerbore so you might want to get some hub rings with them.

https://www.apexraceparts.com/store/...=%2C10%2C9%2C8
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:33 AM   #24
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
They make them they are just not Camaro specific. You should be able to run the BMW wheels, they just have a larger centerbore so you might want to get some hub rings with them.

https://www.apexraceparts.com/store/...=%2C10%2C9%2C8
Thanks!
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote