#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Phastek Performance

Old 12-24-2020, 07:13 AM   #29
Kratz74

Drives: None yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
1000% your price is WAY too high. You are asking for the moon here man. This is a $35k car all day.
2 months and not one bit of interest is an indicator. The overpriced COVID impact is behind us. Back to more reality.

It is a nice car and I was eying it until I saw price. It will sell but not in the $40s. I don’t think he wants to sell (he admits that). So maybe telling himself it’s “for sale” makes him feel good? I dunno.
Kratz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:35 AM   #30
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratz74 View Post
2 months and not one bit of interest is an indicator. The overpriced COVID impact is behind us. Back to more reality.

It is a nice car and I was eying it until I saw price. It will sell but not in the $40s. I don’t think he wants to sell (he admits that). So maybe telling himself it’s “for sale” makes him feel good? I dunno.
It's not that difficult. Go to kbb.com, enter all of the options and particulars, and it magically spits-out a range of Private Party Values. Again, I'm not giving it away. It's more than worth what I'm asking with all of the options and only 7000 miles. Maybe you commenting on someone you don't know makes you feel "smart". I dunno.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #31
SirJangle

Bump
Old 01-06-2021, 08:25 AM   #32
SirJangle

Bump
Old 01-06-2021, 08:56 AM   #33
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
List for $38k and it should sell quick.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:03 AM   #34
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Soon to be 2yr old SS w/7K miles for over $40K.....you're going to be waiting a long time. Nobody really relates to a $55K 2SS MSRP. If I spent anywhere near $50K for that car, I'd keep it instead taking a bath.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:04 AM   #35
SirJangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Soon to be 2yr old SS w/7K miles for over $40K.....you're going to be waiting a long time. Nobody really relates to a $55K 2SS MSRP. If I spent anywhere near $50K for that car, I'd keep it instead taking a bath.
My plan was to keep it for the rest of my life. I love this car. But, if I have to sell to help my parents due to my dad losing his job due to COVID-19, then that's what I'll try to do. My asking price isn't something I pulled-out of thin air. It's what kbb.com states the car is worth for Private Party Value. I appreciate everyone's comments and I'm not trying to be difficult.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:55 PM   #36
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
My plan was to keep it for the rest of my life. I love this car. But, if I have to sell to help my parents due to my dad losing his job due to COVID-19, then that's what I'll try to do. My asking price isn't something I pulled-out of thin air. It's what kbb.com states the car is worth for Private Party Value. I appreciate everyone's comments and I'm not trying to be difficult.
Maybe see if KBB will buy your car then??

PS: that's a dealer line...lol
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #37
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:

The reference to values that are made always cracks me up.

-Dealer claims that his car on the lot is a ~GREAT~ deal because it is listed below blue book, sometimes being about $100 less.

-Dealer also claims that your trade is worth thousands less than what you (the customer) looked at as trade value from KBB.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:40 AM   #38
SirJangle

Quote:

LOL! Yes, I've heard that line more times than I can count. My reply: "Sure will, and I'll also see if they want to sell me my next car too because that won't be you.".

I know that the value of anything is subjective and is only what people are willing to pay for something. I used kbb.com as a starting point. I also used cars.com to search for used 2019 2SS Camaros at dealerships. I found that most were overpriced, especially with the amount of miles and not being as equipped as mine is.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:45 AM   #39
SirJangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
The reference to values that are made always cracks me up.

-Dealer claims that his car on the lot is a ~GREAT~ deal because it is listed below blue book, sometimes being about $100 less.

-Dealer also claims that your trade is worth thousands less than what you (the customer) looked at as trade value from KBB.
Yes, it's all a game. Unfortunately, for dealerships, I've gotten quite good at playing it. I actually have some friends/family members that take me with them when they're dealing on a vehicle or trade-in value. I win most of the time. But, I'm not unfair like most dealerships are. I know that they need to make money. The question is just how much money are you going to let them make off of you. I'm sorry but you don't have to make $5,000+ off of anyone for a couple hours of your time. I wish I made that much per hour!
Old 01-07-2021, 08:16 AM   #40
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Yes, it's all a game. Unfortunately, for dealerships, I've gotten quite good at playing it. I actually have some friends/family members that take me with them when they're dealing on a vehicle or trade-in value. I win most of the time. But, I'm not unfair like most dealerships are. I know that they need to make money. The question is just how much money are you going to let them make off of you. I'm sorry but you don't have to make $5,000+ off of anyone for a couple hours of your time. I wish I made that much per hour!
Same. I actually enjoy doing it to some degree. People often come to me to help with purchasing, or selling, a vehicle.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:54 PM   #41
SirJangle

Bump
Old 01-13-2021, 09:41 PM   #42
suckamc

Drives: ford
An interior and window sticker pic would be a plus. Rare interior color no?

Thumbs up on helping out your parents. Double thumbs up actually.
suckamc is offline   Reply With Quote