Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #141
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
You thought that DA will slow a car down 1.5 seconds? You must have failed that lesson in drag racing school.
Probably in his ZL1.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #142
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Probably in his ZL1.

Found a pic of 123gm’s Camaro. Guess we should take it easy on him now.
Attached Images

ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #143
123gm

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
You thought that DA will slow a car down 1.5 seconds? You must have failed that lesson in drag racing school.
Nevermind I give up you win, the demon will be a 11 sec car at best and get walked by a zl1
123gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #144
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Wrong.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...amaro_zl1.html

Glad you posted that. It brings back fond memories of this thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221434

It went on and on with people blowing holes in the video and article on if the 11.93 was on OEM tires. It never really was proven either way other than GM stating later that it was on OEM tires. Was it really? We'll never know for sure. The real funny thing is that in the article you posted, they claimed you could run in the 11's all day. Well, untrue.. many more were running 12's with only a few at the end of the summer getting into the 11's bone stock on stock tires. Don't get me wrong. I loved that car. I had one. But people blowing off about the Demon's run is no different other than the Demon's time of 9.65 @140mph is NHRA certified and the ZL1'stime was based on what GM said it did.
Will people run that time consistently or at all? Who knows, but it doesnt mean it didnt do it or not capable according to what you yourself posted using the gen5 ZL1's story as an example.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #145
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Glad you posted that. It brings back fond memories of this thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221434

It went on and on with people blowing holes in the video and article on if the 11.93 was on OEM tires. It never really was proven either way other than GM stating later that it was on OEM tires. Was it really? We'll never know for sure. The real funny thing is that in the article you posted, they claimed you could run in the 11's all day. Well, untrue.. many more were running 12's with only a few at the end of the summer getting into the 11's bone stock on stock tires. Don't get me wrong. I loved that car. I had one. But people blowing off about the Demon's run is no different other than the Demon's time of 9.65 @140mph is NHRA certified and the ZL1'stime was based on what GM said it did.
Will people run that time consistently or at all? Who knows, but it doesnt mean it didnt do it or not capable according to what you yourself posted using the gen5 ZL1's story as an example.
If you actually watch the video and read the article the runs that they counted we're on stock tires, they tried drag radials to make sure there were no issues because they knew many customers would. Plus other drivers have beat those times with a stock car. Of course I am not sure if it was "NRHA" certified lmao.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #146
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Found a pic of 123gm’s Camaro. Guess we should take it easy on him now.
Holy sheet that is a nice car! 123dodge you should be proud of your car.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #147
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123gm View Post
Nevermind I give up you win, the demon will be a 11 sec car at best and get walked by a zl1
The Demon is 9.65sec@140MPH car as certified by NHRA. Look it up. It isnt hard to find. It doesnt matter anymore unless the ZL1 has ran faster than that stock. Seems to me that would have been big news.

Hell, the Demon has been all over the mainstream news lately. They are up in arms over it. Telling parents to pull their kids from the street, and just the idea of one on a public road
Has the tree hugger liberals running for the hills. Lol it has been comical to watch. What a joke. So, I'm sure ifa production ZL1 bested the Demon, GM would be brought up on Charges for envoking mass hysteria.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #148
123gm

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
The Demon is 9.65sec@140MPH car as certified by NHRA. Look it up. It isnt hard to find. It doesnt matter anymore unless the ZL1 has ran faster than that stock. Seems to me that would have been big news.

Hell, the Demon has been all over the mainstream news lately. They are up in arms over it. Telling parents to pull their kids from the street, and just the idea of one on a public road
Has the tree hugger liberals running for the hills. Lol it has been comical to watch. What a joke. So, I'm sure ifa production ZL1 bested the Demon, GM would be brought up on Charges for envoking mass hysteria.
I was being facetious
123gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #149
motorhead

Quote:
If you actually watch the video and read the article the runs that they counted we're on stock tires, they tried drag radials to make sure there were no issues because they knew many customers would. Plus other drivers have beat those times with a stock car. Of course I am not sure if it was "NRHA" certified lmao.

Well, you were there. That was just the argument. I have yet to really know. Why would they add the confusion in with DRL? I dont want to druge that argument back up. I was all for the car doing on OEMs of you read my posts back then. I was just showing you that the same argument is trying to be used here and there is actually certified proof by the NHRA. Doesnt get any better than that. What does NHRA have to gain by lying? Nothing.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #150
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think that as these cars get out and into more and more hands then we will definitely start seeing times that are closer to advertised. Even if it doesn't do exactly what they're advertised to do they'll still be impressive. There are plenty of people running low 11s and high 10s on Hellcats that have nothing but a tire and/or driveshaft. Add an extra 133 hp to the same car and what do you think it'll run? Even if it doesn't do a 9.65, do you really think people are gonna NOT buy the car? Come on. Do you really think someone will get pissed if they can't do a 9.65? Come on. It will definitely be in the mid to low 10s. Some people should be able to bust off a high 9.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #151
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Well, you were there. That was just the argument. I have yet to really know. Why would they add the confusion in with DRL? I dont want to druge that argument back up. I was all for the car doing on OEMs of you read my posts back then. I was just showing you that the same argument is trying to be used here and there is actually certified proof by the NHRA. Doesnt get any better than that. What does NHRA have to gain by lying? Nothing.
How does NHRA certify that time, and could you provide those certificates, I have never seen them.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #152
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123gm View Post
I was being facetious
I figured as much. It was supposed to be a multi quote and only quoted you.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #153
motorhead

Quote:
How does NHRA certify that time, and could you provide those certificates, I have never seen them.

Well, I remember seeing a letter from them at Chryslers at Carlisle, and the press reveil stated that it was a certified time. Ill see what I can dig up. As far as the procedure for how NHRA does that. I have no idea.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #154
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Well, I remember seeing a letter from them at Chryslers at Carlisle, and the press reveil stated that it was a certified time. Ill see what I can dig up. As far as the procedure for how NHRA does that. I have no idea.
Because there isn't, NHRA certifies vehicles not times unless you count the times slips that everyone gets.