Phastek Performance

Old 11-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #85
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Fun thread to read. Lmao
I see alot of envy in the hearts of some. Being a drag race enthusiast, I am impressed as hell with the present day offerings of Chevy and Dodge. Both build a very good power train and each have their issues which get sorted out as times moves forward.
The engineering which has gone into this Demon is phenominal. A few of you call it a one trick pony which indicates to me that you must not care for drag racing. That is ok by me. I'll give all the credit in the world to Dodge for building this car. It's no lightweight Copo for sure but it is one powerful and quick car that a guy with the money can buy from the dealer. What's not to like about that?
Dodge

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #86
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Fun thread to read. Lmao
I see alot of envy in the hearts of some. Being a drag race enthusiast, I am impressed as hell with the present day offerings of Chevy and Dodge. Both build a very good power train and each have their issues which get sorted out as times moves forward.
The engineering which has gone into this Demon is phenominal. A few of you call it a one trick pony which indicates to me that you must not care for drag racing. That is ok by me. I'll give all the credit in the world to Dodge for building this car. It's no lightweight Copo for sure but it is one powerful and quick car that a guy with the money can buy from the dealer. What's not to like about that?
Car is definitely sick. But when the real world 1/4 times are approximately a full second and a half slower than the marketing hype.....it left me disappointed. It’s one thing if the marketed times a few 1/10ths faster than it seems people are achieving......but 1.5 seconds??!?!! That’s quite the discrepancy. Still a great looking model car, and who can argue against 800hp?!?! Just not a mid 9 second car out of the box that is a BIG part of the story for this vehicle.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #87
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Fun thread to read. Lmao
Some guys are trained to hate certain brands. My buddy is like that with anything GM. We are still friends even though I've had several GM products over the years. He thinks I finally came to me senses now that I have a fatcat though. I can tell you one thing, anyone I've taken for a hell ride in the Hellkitten yet ,regardless of thier manufacturer preference, hasn't gotten out with a love for the car. Im sure the Demon would put a smile on any true motor head's face.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #88
sas77

Drives: Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
650HP. Im now reading that the A10s cant run more than four laps without overheating. Pretty bad for a "track" car.
Is that due to engine overheat or the trans? Perhaps that is why the ZL1 ILE only comes with a M6?
sas77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #89
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas77 View Post
Is that due to engine overheat or the trans? Perhaps that is why the ZL1 ILE only comes with a M6?
What I read was overheat, but read the post below and replied to of my comment. It was explained. Sounds more like isolated cases
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #90
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
200 knots at tree top level. Approx 9,000hp.
So you don't go to the track...ok, noted. So you don't go to the track. You (obviously) don't race. You spout that Dodge sucks yet you haven't offered anything to back your assessment up. You posted meme after meme. And you're on this particular thread for the sole purpose of disrupting it since you haven't offered anything factual to say. You're trolling. Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
They all suck. I came back to this forum after months away trying to find answers for my father in law with a 2017 SS camaro because his rearend is humming. Read the boards and you'll find that to be a common occurrence. 5000 miles and his has already been back four times not including todays trip.

I would rather have a car that sucks with 840HP or 707HP than one that sucks with

650HP. Im now reading that the A10s cant run more than four laps without overheating. Pretty bad for a "track" car.

See how this works. One troll feeds another. Dumb to keep doing this. These cars all suck and they are all great in their own way. I would be proud to own any of them.
I don't know what the problem is with his ZL1 but I sure haven't had any issues with mine at all.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #91
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So you don't go to the track...ok, noted. So you don't go to the track. You (obviously) don't race. You spout that Dodge sucks yet you haven't offered anything to back your assessment up. You posted meme after meme. And you're on this particular thread for the sole purpose of disrupting it since you haven't offered anything factual to say. You're trolling. Congrats.

I don't know what the problem is with his ZL1 but I sure haven't had any issues with mine at all.
Dodge sucks. Both JD Power and Consumer Reports validate that. As I stated before it isn't the performance its the reliability. I am not a lifetime Chevy fan by any means, but right now I am very impressed with there quality and engineering. I mean who engineers a performance car with skinny tires? Instead of keep throwing HP at the car GM actually engineers the car to use it.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #92
123gm

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Dodge sucks. Both JD Power and Consumer Reports validate that. As I stated before it isn't the performance its the reliability. I am not a lifetime Chevy fan by any means, but right now I am very impressed with there quality and engineering. I mean who engineers a performance car with skinny tires? Instead of keep throwing HP at the car GM actually engineers the car to use it.
If your goal is to go fast in a straight line you want the least amount of friction/drag possible, hence the skinny wheels and tires. The demon will "use"/put down power better then almost any car on the planet, if by "use" you mean chassis balance and overall suspension geometry.....viper
123gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:24 PM   #93
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123gm View Post
If your goal is to go fast in a straight line you want the least amount of friction/drag possible, hence the skinny wheels and tires.
You are kidding right...you may want skinny's in the front (not for minimal friction / drag, but to not pick up the water. NO 1/4 mile guy on the planet wants a skinnier tires on the back?? Absurd logic.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #94
123gm

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
You are kidding right...you may want skinny's in the front (not for minimal friction / drag, but to not pick up the water. NO 1/4 mile guy on the planet wants a skinnier tires on the back?? Absurd logic.
The thread is about the demon therefore skinny wheels on the front genius, pick up water?
123gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #95
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
If your goal is to go fast in a straight line you want the least amount of friction/drag possible, hence the skinny wheels and tires. The demon will "use"/put down power better then almost any car on the planet, if by "use" you mean chassis balance and overall suspension geometry.....viper
I am speaking about the Challenger platform in general. Why would a car with 707hp come from the factory with 275s? It makes you have to question their engineering thought? What is more important in a performance car, trunk space or clearance for big meat? In the demon they basically solved the problem by attaching bolt on truck fenders. Not the kind of engineered car I want. But you take the new ZL1, 1/4 mile is probably it's weakest point if you can call that weak. It's prowess on the track is pretty much a fact. It will make a great DD. It comes with tires appropriate for it's use. So I will take the modern expertly engineered, reliable, safe ZL1 over any Dodge product. I do like Mustangs and wouldn't be opposed to owning one if it meets my needs. And when the drag strip edition comes out Chevy will own the 1/4, and you won't have to buy a box.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
And since 2019 will be the 40th anniversary of the original ZL1 which was a drag strip edition, GM won't miss the opportunity.

Last edited by Sven59; 11-15-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #96
Artos

Quote:
The thread is about the demon therefore skinny wheels on the front genius, pick up water?

Look, I'm not a 1/4 mile guy & understand the the skinnies are for unsprung weight / mass & nothing primarily to do with aero as you claim?? The water comment was one of my own thinking as I've watched guys do auto-x in their ZL1's & then change the fronts to skinny to get lass H20 on the ground after going through the water box in the 1/4...but please, do go on about the awesome demon on this camaro forum. Riveted.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:40 PM   #97
Artos

Quote:
I am speaking about the Challenger platform in general.
Hell, I misunderstood & thought he was talking about the ingenious use of the skinny tires on the challenger as well...that's how far off the rails we are.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:01 PM   #98
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Heck! There's guy's talking about it's just plain stupid to take any car to a dragstrip without a proper sticky rear tire. Lol wait till demons hit the street with 4" skinnies and 800 plus hp and BIG egos. Yikes
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote