Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-14-2017, 06:20 PM   #43
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
If the ZL1 with the performance cai, tuning, drag radials, headers, pulley, etc can run a quarter in 10.0, I don’t see why a Deamon can’t get into the 9’s. I think we’ll see people getting close to Dodge’s numbers eventually. It’s a street legal drag car, not a corner carver. A few years ago people would have said this level of performance from a street-legal factory car was impossible.

It’s a great time to own a new muscle/pony car.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #44
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Seems like a lot of Z owners are getting a little defensive in their comments, makes their real thoughts very clear lol.

The Demon is bad ass, 850hp, wheelie stock, and 0-60 times of a super/hypercar. It makes a huge statement, seeing that thing on the street would be insane.

I have no plans on trading in the Z, but I am considering a demon next year, or possibly waiting for the ZR1!

Slicks are only rated to 168 max, it's not the car just the tires....

put street tires on the demon and it can go 200mph+.

Where are you going to be doing 168mph+ anyways?
That 0-60 time comes from their mystical hero pass on the overly prepped drag strip. Just like the extremely over promised 1/4 times, no owner will
Be hitting anywhere close to 2.3 0-60.....ESPECIALLY not on the street.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #45
123gm

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
The "Demon", come on lol, the car is an absolute joke. The entire Challenger thing is what like 20 years old using discontinued and left over Mercedes chassis with tech that's from the last decade. The only thing they did was drop an extremely powerful engine into a boat. (Very few other high tech details, like the trans, and that's it). Sure it's how muscle cars used to be, but does anyone REALLY care about how they used to be when every other muscle car is better at anything other than the strip? And speaking of the strip, it's a 10.3-11.3 second car. And calculators would agree with that. The magic they must have used to get that bitch to run a 9.65 was something to behold because 840 HP @ 4400 pounds isn't even CLOSE to running 9s. In fact, that's mid-high 10s worthy. https://robrobinette.com/et.htm

And IMO that's why you haven't really heard shit about the car since the initial hype and release (I know nobody has really gotten them yet) but the early testing from magazines sure did shut up the fanboys fast IMO. I haven't heard anyone throw the "Demon" around in a while and for good reason. I've got my money on the ZL1 drag pack, and it will leave the Demon for dead when driven by actual owners vs owners.
So your basing your assumption on the demon being slow because some automotive "journalist" couldn't get it to run 9's in the hour that they had access to it?
123gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #46
123gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
That 0-60 time comes from their mystical hero pass on the overly prepped drag strip. Just like the extremely over promised 1/4 times, no owner will
Yeah I'm sure chevy is getting their times on a dirt road when it's 103 degrees.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #47
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
But that is really no different than people here getting all excited about lap times Randy Pobst, or some other pro driver, puts up. No owner is going to get close to those times either.

It just shows what the car is optimally capable of.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #48
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
But that is really no different than people here getting all excited about lap times Randy Pobst, or some other pro driver, puts up. No owner is going to get close to those times either.

It just shows what the car is optimally capable of.
Apple meet orange. We are talking about drag racing, not a several minute test of driver skill.

Back to discussing a drag racing car, and it’s marketing—
Chevy claims 0-60 in 3.5 for a10 ZL1s. That’s absolutely possible on the street, and replicated by members on here, and tons of journalistic, reviewers. Call me when a demon goes 2.3 to 60 or 9.65 in the 1/4.

The car is cool, but the marketing is what’s a jokeZ. It’s a slightly more powerful hellcat. Not all that big of a deal.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:34 PM   #49
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Apple meet orange. We are talking about drag racing, not a several minute test of driver skill.

Back to discussing a drag racing car, and it’s marketing—
Chevy claims 0-60 in 3.5 for a10 ZL1s. That’s absolutely possible on the street, and replicated by members on here, and tons of journalistic, reviewers. Call me when a demon goes 2.3 to 60 or 9.65 in the 1/4.

The car is cool, but the marketing is what’s a jokeZ. It’s a slightly more powerful hellcat. Not all that big of a deal.
The marketing is genius. They will sell all they care to make.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #50
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123gm View Post
Yeah I'm sure chevy is getting their times on a dirt road when it's 103 degrees.
How is your ZL1 running?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #51
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
How is your ZL1 running?

lol...all 10 posts are pro mopar.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #52
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
The marketing is genius. They will sell all they care to make.
Likely so. I for one am not a huge fan of smoke/mirror advertising. But I’m sure enough people are to sell out an extremely limited production car.

This thread is about what a statement the car makes. I just don’t think it’s “statement” is anything a HC hasn’t been making for years.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:44 PM   #53
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
lol...all 10 posts are pro mopar.
Exactly, ladies and gentlemen we have a troll. Easily identified by his creative handle, 10 posts, all posts are pro Mopar and says he owns a 15 ZL1 but zero posts in that area. I wonder if his friends at hellcat.org helped him with the handle?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #54
123gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Exactly, ladies and gentlemen we have a troll. Easily identified by his creative handle, 10 posts, all posts are pro Mopar and says he owns a 15 ZL1 but zero posts in that area. I wonder if his friends at hellcat.org helped him with the handle?

Good lord calm down, protecter of all things Chevy. I knew there would be some butt hurt from me simply playing devils advocate, all I'm saying is let's wait for them to get into actual owners hands before we deem it "a joke". Z is running just fine, wish I could afford a new one.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #55
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123gm View Post
Good lord calm down, protecter of all things Chevy. I knew there would be some butt hurt from me simply playing devils advocate, all I'm saying is let's wait for them to get into actual owners hands before we deem it "a joke". Z is running just fine, wish I could afford a new one.
The Mods I am sure will take care of you, until then ignore works well. What year is your Challenger?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:54 PM   #56
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
noticed they don't show the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
of course they left the timers off.
Well, if you've been around drag strip, you dont need to see a time board light up to see that that thing is hauling ass.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote