Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #71
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
This talk about the HC being unstable has me scratching my head. Reviews I've seen/read have stated the opposite and owners I know have told me the opposite as well. Makes me want to find out for myself, I just gotta get into a Hellcat lol.

Here's one of the video reviews where they ran the HC on a standing mile hitting a speed at 173.8 mph. Skip to 11:28 in the video.

Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:17 AM   #72
coolsixgen

Drives: 1993 z28
i just leave this here https://youtu.be/eFCy_JB2aPQ
coolsixgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:43 PM   #73
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsixgen View Post
i just leave this here https://youtu.be/eFCy_JB2aPQ
Looks like the ZL1 and Hellcats are very close. ZL1s seem to range from 142-146. Hellcats more or less the same, 143 to 149.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:47 PM   #74
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Here are the 700+ HP cars, I don't think the HC is more reliable than all of them.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/the-700-horsepower-club/
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I gotta disagree. I bet as a DD and once you start racking up the miles the HC would be a lot more reliable than all of them. Say after about 15,000 miles or so...which would you rather have if the maintenance was gonna be all on you? A HC? Or one of these elite cars that were built to be driven once every 5 months?
Agree with BlaqWhole. I love all of those cars on that list and there aren't many things I wouldn't trade to have one, but if I could pick between any of those and a HC for a every day daily driver for a few years, without question I'd bet on the Hellcat. It's a basic 6.2L American V8 with a supercharger on it and I know people that daily drive them in all conditions (Local MI guys drive them through a foot of snow with Blizzark (sp?) tires no problem).

As far as Data, well, you've got us there, there really isn't any. But for example, 99% of those cars will need insanely expensive and insanely regular service. The Ferrari, oil change you say? $1000-$2000. Maybe more if you need some other work. New rotors/pads? Thousands and thousands of dollars. Oh if you get an acid compound on a carbon ceramic rotor of an exotic, you're in it for HUGE money for a roto/pad setup, I think a full setup of brakes alone on an F12 are around $30,000! You hit the 10,000 mile mark, cam belts and some other gaskets and things are now mandatory. Pff, easy $5,000, maybe $10,000. I love Ferrari (Favorite exotic brand) and an F12 is a grail car for me. I'm not going to speak against the actual reliability of an the engine, however I would NEVER put a gorgeous work of art that is an F12/Huarya/P1 etc. through the conditions of a daily driver.

Sidenote, how about that Agera R One:1 that can get from 0-249 miles an hour in just ten seconds.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:56 PM   #75
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Agree with BlaqWhole. I love all of those cars on that list and there aren't many things I wouldn't trade to have one, but if I could pick between any of those and a HC for a every day daily driver for a few years, without question I'd bet on the Hellcat. It's a basic 6.2L American V8 with a supercharger on it and I know people that daily drive them in all conditions (Local MI guys drive them through a foot of snow with Blizzark (sp?) tires no problem).

As far as Data, well, you've got us there, there really isn't any. But for example, 99% of those cars will need insanely expensive and insanely regular service. The Ferrari, oil change you say? $1000-$2000. Maybe more if you need some other work. New rotors/pads? Thousands and thousands of dollars. Oh if you get an acid compound on a carbon ceramic rotor of an exotic, you're in it for HUGE money for a roto/pad setup, I think a full setup of brakes alone on an F12 are around $30,000! You hit the 10,000 mile mark, cam belts and some other gaskets and things are now mandatory. Pff, easy $5,000, maybe $10,000. I love Ferrari (Favorite exotic brand) and an F12 is a grail car for me. I'm not going to speak against the actual reliability of an the engine, however I would NEVER put a gorgeous work of art that is an F12/Huarya/P1 etc. through the conditions of a daily driver.

Sidenote, how about that Agera R One:1 that can get from 0-249 miles an hour in just ten seconds.
Where did I mention DD or maintenance costs? I said reliability strictly, how often things break. If you look at the chart Dodge is near the bottom, both Mercedes and Porsche near the top.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2017, 04:09 PM   #76
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Where did I mention DD or maintenance costs? I said reliability strictly, how often things break. If you look at the chart Dodge is near the bottom, both Mercedes and Porsche near the top.

I can play that game...

At what point did I say you said anything about DD or maintenance costs? I said there isn't any data that I can show you nor car to search for to prove what me and Blaq were saying, but brought up 2 big things that could very well play a part, not arguing against the reliability. (Furthermore if Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren etc were on that list, trust me they'd be WAY the **** below Dodge).
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:16 PM   #77
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I can play that game...

At what point did I say you said anything about DD or maintenance costs? I said there isn't any data that I can show you nor car to search for to prove what me and Blaq were saying, but brought up 2 big things that could very well play a part, not arguing against the reliability. (Furthermore if Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren etc were on that list, trust me they'd be WAY the **** below Dodge).
This is the original statement: Someone just posted more nonsense about the reliability of the Hellcat. It happens to be the MOST reliable car with that kind of HP on the market. I own one and my dealer is a friend, who also happens to be an SRT station. The Hellcat does not come in for heavy service very often. Mine has not needed a single bit of service at near 20K miles and I know a LOT of owners. Please refrain from parroting old stuff on the web. Some of us know the facts. This is pretty much like the rocket scientists who've heard that Jeeps aren't reliable! LOL.

I answered that statement, the other brands are probably not on that list because of production #s etc. Fiat and their underlings are the worst for reliability.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:31 PM   #78
123gm

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
This is the original statement: Someone just posted more nonsense about the reliability of the Hellcat. It happens to be the MOST reliable car with that kind of HP on the market. I own one and my dealer is a friend, who also happens to be an SRT station. The Hellcat does not come in for heavy service very often. Mine has not needed a single bit of service at near 20K miles and I know a LOT of owners. Please refrain from parroting old stuff on the web. Some of us know the facts. This is pretty much like the rocket scientists who've heard that Jeeps aren't reliable! LOL.

I answered that statement, the other brands are probably not on that list because of production #s etc. Fiat and their underlings are the worst for reliability.
Jesus, you got a boner for anything FCA related, seriously I bet half of your posts have to do with a FCA product, you offer nothing of substance in any thread that your in, most of your posts don't have anything to do with the topic, I mean I like GM too but damn.....
123gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:34 PM   #79
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

We are not allowed to bring up real world data on a vehicle that is being discussed?

Old 08-31-2017, 04:37 PM   #80
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123gm View Post
Jesus, you got a boner for anything FCA related, seriously I bet half of your posts have to do with a FCA product, you offer nothing of substance in any thread that your in, most of your posts don't have anything to do with the topic, I mean I like GM too but damn.....
Lol, you have 2 posts.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:07 PM   #81
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Lol, you have over 4000 posts. That's more laughable than 2, but we r off topic. This can be a very helpful forum but you bring it down with your posts that make me think you have the mind of a child, post when you actually have experience in the topic
Yes, it can be a helpful forum and we are comparing two vehicles. When I purchase something one of the factors is this going to break and how often? That is why companies like consumer reports and JD Power exist. So when I compare the reliability of Camaro and Challenger, Camaro is more reliable. Just like HP, reliability is a factor. So, I have brought data to back up my assertion which I have not heard you counter with any data. So instead of calling me names try some facts. And if that fails ignore me.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:22 PM   #82
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
123GM:
Lol, you have over 4000 posts. That's more laughable than 2, but we r off topic. This can be a very helpful forum but you bring it down with your posts that make me think you have the mind of a child, post when you actually have experience in the topic.

I see you have a gen 5, so do I. I noticed you only have 2 posts, had 3. I see you also joined yesterday, I am surprised your first two posts are in the Gen 6 ZL1 and not in Gen 5. And surprisingly both posts are pro Dodge. Anyway, just observations and welcome to the Camaro community.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:35 PM   #83
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Both awesome cars and wildly different from one another despite the architectural similarities. I've had the Hellcat for 2.5y now and it's the best daily I've ever had. Just got the ZL1. Hellcat is both more usable and feels faster. ZL1 is a toy. I highly recommend having one of each.
I like your style... If i had the room, I'd have a DD Hellcat Charger for sure. That is one sweet ride
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:33 PM   #84
123gm

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
123GM:
Lol, you have over 4000 posts. That's more laughable than 2, but we r off topic. This can be a very helpful forum but you bring it down with your posts that make me think you have the mind of a child, post when you actually have experience in the topic.

I see you have a gen 5, so do I. I noticed you only have 2 posts, had 3. I see you also joined yesterday, I am surprised your first two posts are in the Gen 6 ZL1 and not in Gen 5. And surprisingly both posts are pro Dodge. Anyway, just observations and welcome to the Camaro community.

Not pro dodge just pointing out facts, what data do I need? The JD power website itself says that most of the problems come from the infotainment system and I don't think that's gonna leave you stranded. But thanks for the welcome, I'm just bustin your balls a bit, way to take it in stride.
123gm is offline   Reply With Quote