Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
I took a Blanket and wrapped Her up in it then folded down the back seat and let her lay on top of that.. ( However she knows the command lay and stayed in the blanket ) Worked Out Not to bad.... Shes also Been in The Jag XKR as a pup that Was BAD experience :(

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
There is an entire industry dedicated to automotive pet transport...search for "dog car hammock" on Amazon, I got 71 results. Looks like reasonable pricing as well.

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #17
KATCMRO

Drives: 2010 2LT CGM
Now I have never put one of my King Charles in the backseat, but for the front seat I would suggest a seat cover (my dogs hate the leather). I also use a seatbelt harness that I bought at Petsmart for them. It latches around the seatbelt and keeps them from jumping all over and scratching anything up. I love it!!
KATCMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
I picked up two of my dogs (cocker spaniels) from the groomer. It was still warm out I had the sunroof open and windows open. In a short time I had a new hairy interior. I guess next time I will tell the groomer to vacuum the dogs before I pick them up. I said next time I take my wife to work and use her van to take the dogs to the groomer.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #19
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
http://www.petautosafety.com/
Has seat covers, car safety harnesses, crates and so forth. It's hard to keep them out of the Camaro - my little dog is 20#, he has permission, the big dogs have to ride in the pickup.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #20
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
I'm sure my Husband will chime in here soon but the dog is his co-pilot. Towels on the seat and they're good to go

I have leather in my Camaro and just use a towel as well. I think the front seat is better because if hair does get on the seat its easier to clean up than on the carpet when the seat is down in the back.

The dogs are usually very well behaved and happy sitting in the front.

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #21
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Bought one of these for mine.. Zips up and keeps all the hair inside..
http://www.sturdiproducts.com

Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #22
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
When I have to transport the mi-pin (25#'s), I have a collapsible crate that tucks nicely in the trunk..no scratches or fur thus far (about a dozen trips or so). When the lab comes along, I just take an old sheet and cover the passenger seat and center console, and make her lay down for the ride.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #23
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
I'm sure my Husband will chime in here soon but the dog is his co-pilot. Towels on the seat and they're good to go

I have leather in my Camaro and just use a towel as well. I think the front seat is better because if hair does get on the seat its easier to clean up than on the carpet when the seat is down in the back.

The dogs are usually very well behaved and happy sitting in the front.

Yep, my wife is right, she knew I'd have to jump in this thread. The thing is, there really isn't much more to add that she and the others haven't already stated. I do use alot of towels and haven't had any problems with him. One thing though...try as you may, try as you might, you're still going to find a little bit of dog hair here and there at times. But even alot of that can be eliminated by brushing the dog out good every day like you should anyway.

One other thing I will add here for those who may be wondering, has to do with the airbag. He's coming in at 70 lbs., and the passenger airbag remains off.

Here's a couple more pics of our male riding shotgun.
Attached Images

~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #24
Wolverine1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 CGM
Send a message via ICQ to Wolverine1
My Golden Retriever has been on several road trips to the cottage.
It's a 4 hour trip each way. I just put an old flannel sheet in the back sheet and she curls up. After the trip, I just gather up the sheet and shake out the fur. No big deal!!!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #25
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
I cant fit this into that!!!! 130LB Rottie!!!! I am sure she will fit but, NOT, Hate to say it but she rides in the pony (Mustang).
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #26
Plainfield
2010, 2LT RS Transformer

Drives: '10 2LT Camaro & '70 Challenger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj950 View Post
Go to your local petco or other large pet store and look around at carriers. Although my Camaro is only a week old and neither pet has been in it yet we use carriers for both the cat and the dog in our other cars and they are both much calmer in their carriers than loose not to mention not getting under foot or chance of escape at rest stops etc. We have flexible ones (as opposed to metal framed crates) with only a hard floor that should be easier to fit into the Camaro with the folded seat. Suggest leaving the carrier in the house with the "door" open to let the dog get used to it first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriCo84 View Post
Good call...except I think you are overestimating the opening you get when leaning the seat forward. I have found that space to be quite small, i can barely get my clothes back there on the hanger. So that would mean it would have to be in the car already and i would have to get her in the car and into the crate as opposed to putting her in the crate and then putting the crate with her in it, in the car.

She is very well behaved so this is still an option. the question is how do i get her from outside the car to inside the crate without having her touch ANYTHING. (Bear in mind i am crazy...i Zaino wash my car twice a month, it looks show room ready everytime you see it, so i don't want any scratches on any plastic or any interior from the dog climbing into the car.

This is the dog carrier I use (I bought it cheaper at the store, but still the same carrier) http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store....-flypage-26268 I have tried the soft carriers in the past and my dogs scratched at the bottom and scratched a hole. Since we were in my husbands Element--a car meant for dogs, we were not too upset. However if that happened in my car, I'd be ticked off. I would only use hard sided carriers in my car.

I don't put it into the car from the side doors, and push the front seat forward. You are right, there is not enough room, you would scratch something. Instead lower the two back seats and lower the crate in through the trunk and push it foward onto the backs of the two seats. Then when removing the dog, lift carefully though the trunk opening.

I actually secure the dog carrier with rope to the trunk, so if there is an accident the carrier doesn't turn into a projectile object. I have 5 dogs and have yet to have a problem. I do still put a quilt over everything in the back of the car to catch any stray hairs that might come out of the carrier.

For clarification sake, and to avoid nasty comments, I would not put the dog in the truck. I would lower the back seats to turn the car into a coupe. The dogs can see and hear me the entire time.

I hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #27
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have not had much luck with the seat covers...they never stay exactly in place and hair always gets under them. Now I just use a large flannel sheet tucked into the backseat (tilt the backseat down, tuck in the sheet, and put the seat back to hold the sheet in place). I still have to vacuum up some hair off the carpet afterwards, but at least the hair wipes off the leather easily.

I used to have my dog (45 lb beagle mix) sit on the folded-down backseat, but she has a hard time getting up on the seat herself and her head hits the roof once she's in. Her nails have not caused any damage to the seats or plastic, although she likes to perch on the console between the front seats so I keep a towel on it just in case. I found that the child safety latches provide a convenient place to hook her leash into to keep her in the back. Also, I bought door sill covers because she was scratching up the paint on the door sill getting in. Other than that, no problems!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #28
Wingsfan

Drives: Synergy Camaro, Escape
I have a 70 pound boxer, put a bed sheet in the back seat with no problems. I dont think you can get away from the hair issue though, buy some lint rollers.