Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-08-2021, 11:09 PM   #15
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
Are those orange knee pads?
Ditto on the Orange Kneepads - do tell! If so I want a set as well!!!

Nice Ride - Enjoy it! I got my 2020 2SS Crush Vert in December...love it!

As for removing window tint - you just need a heat gun to get started on one part of the window and you can pull it off - most likely in one sheet...then get the car inspected and have a shop put it back on legal...
I had to remove the Tint from my grandsons car and it took us 20 minutes for 4 windows + the 2 opera windows in the back...I left the rear tint due to the rear defroster...a little windex and you are good - you may need to scrape it a bit - but being new I don't see you having a problem...
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS

Last edited by mrgoodwrench; 04-08-2021 at 11:47 PM.
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:42 PM   #16
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Sucks about the tint man.... But nice taste on the Crush, just got mine on Feb 25th. Living the orange life
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:36 AM   #17
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
I guess it must be a big city thing. I'm in the Waco area and all I literally do is drive through and they check all the basic safety stuff. 7 bucks and maybe 5 minutes and I'm on my way.
That’s how it’s always been for me. My last car was a 2016 Mustang GT and it had darkest legal. Had it inspected in Travis County August 2018, 2019, 2020, and not once was my tint mentioned. Didn’t even know that was part of the inspection. I wouldn’t be surprised if DPS is cracking down on illegal tints and using the inspection stations as a tool to aid them because I’ve been to the inspection station before. I did run across the following tidbit.

Quote:
In Texas it's illegal to have dark tint on drivers and passengers side windows, but it's legal to have no windows. You can lower your front two windows, then pull the fuse so they can't be raised again. It'll pass now.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:38 AM   #18
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench View Post
Ditto on the Orange Kneepads - do tell! If so I want a set as well!!!

Nice Ride - Enjoy it! I got my 2020 2SS Crush Vert in December...love it!

As for removing window tint - you just need a heat gun to get started on one part of the window and you can pull it off - most likely in one sheet...then get the car inspected and have a shop put it back on legal...
I had to remove the Tint from my grandsons car and it took us 20 minutes for 4 windows + the 2 opera windows in the back...I left the rear tint due to the rear defroster...a little windex and you are good - you may need to scrape it a bit - but being new I don't see you having a problem...
The OP would only need to remove the tint on the driver and passenger side windows. The rear and back windows are exempted in Texas.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:38 AM   #19
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
That’s how it’s always been for me. My last car was a 2016 Mustang GT and it had darkest legal. Had it inspected in Travis County August 2018, 2019, 2020, and not once was my tint mentioned. Didn’t even know that was part of the inspection. I wouldn’t be surprised if DPS is cracking down on illegal tints and using the inspection stations as a tool to aid them because I’ve been to the inspection station before. I did run across the following tidbit.
Guess I'll just keep the windows down next time I have to be inspected.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #20
SS 2 XS

Drives: Camaro SS
I never heard back from the managers at Landers Chevy(OKC)Not that I expected to -I texted the salesman that will cost them a negative yelp review, a letter to Chevy Corporate and to the OK Atty General as well...It is illegal to sell a car from the dealer with 15% tint--The only state that this is legal is Michigan -I can easily get this fixed but that wasn't really the point -These idiots need to know what they are selling -Both state inspection places I went to used the tint meter(window halfway down) to determine %...The "shadier" place I took it to passed it after I bribed them(that's exactly why I went to the bad side of town!) -You can mention about local cops, enforcements, etc. but the law says 25% here in Texas-- take your chances...The knee pads are indeed orange -the same exact part as the hot wheels edition -I got them from Wildhammer Motorsports but I think they may be out of stock indefinitely...This "tint experience" will not detract from how wonderful a car this is and how much I'm enjoying it -If anyone is wondering whether its worth it to pay extra for a 1LE I say absolutely!! There's minimal difference in a 1SS & a 2SS here -a 1SS/1LE offers a lot of upgrades for basically a (non-1LE) 2SS
SS 2 XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:26 PM   #21
SS 2 XS

Drives: Camaro SS
Another shot of the orange knee pads
Attached Images

SS 2 XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:34 PM   #22
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Are those truly orange kneepads, or just red? I didn't think Chevy has orange ones, although they do kind of look orange in your pictures

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:36 PM   #23
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Why dont you go get re inspected at a different place. Maybe your guys wife had a fling with a guy in a Camaro or something?
Could be youll fly right through with a different guy.