Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #57
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Funny you mention that. Ive found the Recaros dont recline enough for me to get my 65 year old back in a good long term position. Im ok around town or for 20 minutes but when I took it on the highway for 40 miles each way my back was killing me. I just need another few degrees of recline. I also find the side bolsters restrict my arms a bit. But its the wifes car and shes 100% comfy so Im good.
Back to the Vette... for us the Camaro is a daily driver. I think theres a lot of guys DDing ZL1s. But few Vettes are daily driven. There out there but few.
All my Vetts were daily driven but back in the 70's. They were loads of fun but not good every day cars. Electrical issues... vacuum operated light doors and windshield wiper doors...I had a 69 427 vert... It was 50/50 if I would come home on a flatbed... I know a lot has changed but for a driver Im still in the Camaro.
I hope you find that sweet spot with your Camaro. I'll admit, the longest I've been in it was about an hour and my 47 year old back was good. I do notice the lack of lumbar control / support, which seems odd to me at this price point (and I knew about going into it).

As for the Vette, I agree most do not daily drive them, and I'm baffled. The modern Corvette, C5 / C6 and especially the C7 was incredibly comfortable and versatile overall, for the performance it offers.

On a side note, I realized this morning as I put a bag and a sweatshirt in my ZL1 trunk (thereby filling it up), that I can not fit a long gun case in the Camaro. Whoops. I enjoy trap and skeet, and it does not look like its going to happen in this trunk (with the top down).
Old 03-03-2021, 11:01 AM   #58
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
C8 no question.

I don't care if the camaro is faster in every single metric, to me Corvette > Camaro
have a c7 z06 with the 7spd manual a zl1 1le with a 6 spd manual and a ss 1le with a 6 spd manual and I prefer driving the camaros over the vette just for the trans alone but i would never give up the vette.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:06 AM   #59
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Would have to be the ZL1. After buying the C8 I wouldn't be able to afford the required Izod sweater to tie around my neck.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:48 AM   #60
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Two issues made it easy. Once baby made three, I needed a back seat. Then there was the price. For the cost of a base C8 I could have the ZL1 with the LT4.

Sure I would love to have a C8 in my garage. But the Camaro ZL1 is just too practical in comparison.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:31 PM   #61
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
I hope you find that sweet spot with your Camaro. I'll admit, the longest I've been in it was about an hour and my 47 year old back was good. I do notice the lack of lumbar control / support, which seems odd to me at this price point (and I knew about going into it).

As for the Vette, I agree most do not daily drive them, and I'm baffled. The modern Corvette, C5 / C6 and especially the C7 was incredibly comfortable and versatile overall, for the performance it offers.

On a side note, I realized this morning as I put a bag and a sweatshirt in my ZL1 trunk (thereby filling it up), that I can not fit a long gun case in the Camaro. Whoops. I enjoy trap and skeet, and it does not look like its going to happen in this trunk (with the top down).
I carry mine in the backseat of my truck - as long as it's not loaded and it's in plain sight it should be legal to do so in most states.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:43 PM   #62
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
All pure opinion here. I would pick the ZL1 in a heartbeat. for 4 main reasons.

1. No manual in the C8
2. The ZL1 is a more useful car
3. The ZL1 is better looking
4.Mods are cheaper on the Camaro.

Another reason I would pick the ZL1 is it is better looking. IMO of course.

Once the C8 becomes more common used prices will plummet just like the ZL1.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:09 PM   #63
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Our C8 could be my daily, but that's the SSs duty currently. I don't have comfort issues with either and in the next year or so (SS will be 3 years old) something might replace the Vette on the weekends and the Vette could move into the daily slot if the SS goes away.

Quote:

Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #64
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
ZL1....no question
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:21 PM   #65
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:

Take it out of the case and put it in a gun sock. My wife, son, and I compete in matches every Saturday. I fit three lever action rifles, three double barrel shotguns, a gun cart, six revolvers, three sets of belts and holsters and about 600 rounds of ammunition in the trunk, without letting the seat down.

Surely the top doesn’t take up all the space, does it?

BTW, for the above reasons the ZL1 1LE would likely be my choice.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:08 PM   #66
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
it does - the top takes up most of the trunk area actually when down.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:02 PM   #67
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Would have to be the ZL1. After buying the C8 I wouldn't be able to afford the required Izod sweater to tie around my neck.
Ummm. Ok.