Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-02-2021, 08:31 AM   #43
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Touch choice... But probably a ZL1.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:48 AM   #44
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Yeah i live in WA and almost a guarantee theirs a Tesla parked or in the drive through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I knew that was WA. I used to live in Seattle. The evergreen state is beautiful indeed. Miss it there but its just become too crazy for my tastes. Tesla's are plentiful in WA because how cheap energy is there since Seattle is powered almost entirely by hydroelectric energy.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #45
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I looked at a C8 because the base + Z51 was virtually the same ZL1 price but availability was key, the dealer I called stated he had aver 150+ on order for customers. Ive never ever been a Corvette guy but I considered it for a fleeting minute.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:31 AM   #46
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
c8 z06 or zr1 with a manual trans if not zl1 1le with a manual trans
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:07 AM   #47
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
C8 no question.

I don't care if the camaro is faster in every single metric, to me Corvette > Camaro
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:44 PM   #48
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Well - I think it depends. I've been wrestling with this lately and considering either swapping my SS convert or my M5 for a C6/7 GS/Z06/Z51 and I haven't closed on a decision in my mind. The C8 is a no for me at this point - its a $60-70K car selling for $85K so that alone is a non starter. And I prefer a manual as well. If I could go pick up a base model C8 for $60K right now and then also keep the SS - I just might do it, I would at least consider it - but not for $80K, no chance.

The Camaro is more functional for me for road trips and even for part time daily use. The wife likes sitting in one a lot better than a C5/6 - we haven't tried a C7, but I assume it's essentially the same idea - her problem is the seating position is so low in the chassis the outward visibility is terrible and the body positioning is uncomfortable for long drives, and then the super low car with super long doors make it a real hassle getting in and out of them. She loves the look of a Corvette - but really enjoys the SS a ton more as a useful trip car - even for day trips.

So that's where I am with it. I would go ZL1 or even SS1LE over a base C8 personally.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:15 PM   #49
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Done it. C8
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #50
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post

The Camaro is more functional for me for road trips and even for part time daily use. The wife likes sitting in one a lot better than a C5/6 - we haven't tried a C7, but I assume it's essentially the same idea - her problem is the seating position is so low in the chassis the outward visibility is terrible and the body positioning is uncomfortable for long drives, and then the super low car with super long doors make it a real hassle getting in and out of them. She loves the look of a Corvette - but really enjoys the SS a ton more as a useful trip car - even for day trips.

So that's where I am with it. I would go ZL1 or even SS1LE over a base C8 personally.
Is it the same idea? Well, yeah. But the C7 is/was light years ahead of the C6. The seats are more considerable more comfortable, the interior is nicer and the tech is...well, one generation better. C5 to C6 was marginal improvement (mostly exterior styling). The C6 to C7 was a sizable jump...the C7 to C8 is an un-jumpable Evil Knievel Grand Canyon.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #51
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
Is it the same idea? Well, yeah. But the C7 is/was light years ahead of the C6. The seats are more considerable more comfortable, the interior is nicer and the tech is...well, one generation better. C5 to C6 was marginal improvement (mostly exterior styling). The C6 to C7 was a sizable jump...the C7 to C8 is an un-jumpable Evil Knievel Grand Canyon.
Agreed - but I think it's still going to be a low seating position similar to a C5/6.
But that is probably worth looking into. Maybe I should rent one for a weekend - seems Hertz probably has some.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:10 PM   #52
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
I'd pick the zl1, until the z06 is released anyway
Old 03-02-2021, 06:47 PM   #53
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Agreed - but I think it's still going to be a low seating position similar to a C5/6.
But that is probably worth looking into. Maybe I should rent one for a weekend - seems Hertz probably has some.
Yes, and that is part of the reason I’m back and loving my Camaro. I had spinal fusion surgery last September (6 months ago tomorrow!) and the C7 sits a tad lower, and encouraged me to slouch down a little more which put pressure on my lower back. Nothing against the C7, I loved it, but I’m 6’4” - 260lbs and the Camaro sits more upright which is more comfortable.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:04 PM   #54
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
Yes, and that is part of the reason I’m back and loving my Camaro. I had spinal fusion surgery last September (6 months ago tomorrow!) and the C7 sits a tad lower, and encouraged me to slouch down a little more which put pressure on my lower back. Nothing against the C7, I loved it, but I’m 6’4” - 260lbs and the Camaro sits more upright which is more comfortable.
Funny you mention that. Ive found the Recaros dont recline enough for me to get my 65 year old back in a good long term position. Im ok around town or for 20 minutes but when I took it on the highway for 40 miles each way my back was killing me. I just need another few degrees of recline. I also find the side bolsters restrict my arms a bit. But its the wifes car and shes 100% comfy so Im good.
Back to the Vette... for us the Camaro is a daily driver. I think theres a lot of guys DDing ZL1s. But few Vettes are daily driven. There out there but few.
All my Vetts were daily driven but back in the 70's. They were loads of fun but not good every day cars. Electrical issues... vacuum operated light doors and windshield wiper doors...I had a 69 427 vert... It was 50/50 if I would come home on a flatbed... I know a lot has changed but for a driver Im still in the Camaro.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:42 AM   #55
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I knew that was WA. I used to live in Seattle. The evergreen state is beautiful indeed. Miss it there but its just become too crazy for my tastes. Tesla's are plentiful in WA because how cheap energy is there since Seattle is powered almost entirely by hydroelectric energy.

Where’d you move to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:47 AM   #56
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Funny you mention that. Ive found the Recaros dont recline enough for me to get my 65 year old back in a good long term position. Im ok around town or for 20 minutes but when I took it on the highway for 40 miles each way my back was killing me. I just need another few degrees of recline. I also find the side bolsters restrict my arms a bit. But its the wifes car and shes 100% comfy so Im good.
Back to the Vette... for us the Camaro is a daily driver. I think theres a lot of guys DDing ZL1s. But few Vettes are daily driven. There out there but few.
All my Vetts were daily driven but back in the 70's. They were loads of fun but not good every day cars. Electrical issues... vacuum operated light doors and windshield wiper doors...I had a 69 427 vert... It was 50/50 if I would come home on a flatbed... I know a lot has changed but for a driver Im still in the Camaro.
I DD'ed all my Vettes, one C5 two C6's and one C7. It just got old getting in and out everyday. Like coming out of a hole.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote