#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 12-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Bedded in new rotors, is this nowmal?

I just installed my R1 Concepts carbon Geomet rotors and their OE equivalent pads. I followed they’re bed in procedure by the book. The front rotors have a multi color glaze now and wondering if it’s normal. I let them cool down for the prescribed 20 minutes and was light on then till I got home. I’m hoping that after more use the glaze will go away.
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I had the power stop Z26's on my 17 1SS and plan on doing the same for the 19 ZLE, I did power stop's method of 40 to 10 (5 times) then 35 to 5 (5 times) then drove for 5 min without stopping and mine never looked like that, but I had stock rotors and plan to use the stock rotors on the ZLE.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I just installed my R1 Concepts carbon Geomet rotors and their OE equivalent pads. I followed they’re bed in procedure by the book. The front rotors have a multi color glaze now and wondering if it’s normal. I let them cool down for the prescribed 20 minutes and was light on then till I got home. I’m hoping that after more use the glaze will go away.
Sounds normal according to the web page. I would call them if you're still concerned

https://www.r1concepts.com/cms/index...otors_and_pads
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Sounds normal according to the web page. I would call them if you're still concerned

https://www.r1concepts.com/cms/index...otors_and_pads
Yes that is the procedure I used, and yes they do say it’ll take 500 miles so I guess I’m just being a little paranoid and impatient!
Old 12-28-2019, 06:10 PM   #5
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
Wait you just did that up here in Buffalo? I get it's been warm here, but I am surprised you even got them warm enough to bed as much material on them as you did. Looks great !
I don't like how the instructions tell the reader to park for 20 minutes after the third step, but it sounds like you drove around a bit before this step, which is better, in my opinion.
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraps0f View Post
Wait you just did that up here in Buffalo? I get it's been warm here, but I am surprised you even got them warm enough to bed as much material on them as you did. Looks great !
I don't like how the instructions tell the reader to park for 20 minutes after the third step, but it sounds like you drove around a bit before this step, which is better, in my opinion.
Yeah I couldn’t resist taking it out today even with a little salt still on the roads! Yes I drove around during the cool down period without applying the brakes.