Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-29-2019, 12:59 PM   #43
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
This is an awkward post. In the spirit of insanity, Roast Me. for having a truck?
Nah, round these here parts (in semi-rural Denver Metro) it's the 20+ year-old, lifted (8" +), diesel truck worth about $1000 but has a $5000 turbo, a $3500 lift, a $2500 smoke stack, tuned for rolling coal, driving on all the public roads with a "don't tread on me" (means he doesn't think he should have to pay taxes to the evil gubment, or follow any gubment rules) flag (or sticker).

so, nah, your 2017 1500 is just fine.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:43 PM   #44
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Nah, round these here parts (in semi-rural Denver Metro) it's the 20+ year-old, lifted (8" +), diesel truck worth about $1000 but has a $5000 turbo, a $3500 lift, a $2500 smoke stack, tuned for rolling coal, driving on all the public roads with a "don't tread on me" (means he doesn't think he should have to pay taxes to the evil gubment, or follow any gubment rules) flag (or sticker).

so, nah, your 2017 1500 is just fine.

I take your monstrosity, and raise you several light bars mounted under the front bumper, using them while it's daylight or not, blinding other folks. throw in there a mix of people that think it looks good to jack the front up, but not the back, AND not adjust their lights afterwards. Yes they do it on purpose, and have the audacity to have a decal that says, and I quote "why it sit like that".
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:48 PM   #45
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
I take your monstrosity, and raise you several light bars mounted under the front bumper, using them while it's daylight or not, blinding other folks. throw in there a mix of people that think it looks good to jack the front up, but not the back, AND not adjust their lights afterwards. Yes they do it on purpose, and have the audacity to have a decal that says, and I quote "why it sit like that".
Hell around me they call a squatted truck the "Palatka Lean." I moved here for a job three months ago and I have never seen so many squatted trucks in my life. 7 out of 10 trucks has a foot of lift in the front and 6 inch drop in the back. I'm slowly making a snapchat compilation out of them as a side project.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:03 PM   #46
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmanSS View Post
Yeah it’s something about the complex of people who want these obscenely large vehicles and not use them for their intended purposes. They are no doubt compensating for something, but don’t try to race me, you’ll lose. Even the F-150 Shelby loses by a landslide to a Camaro SS.
All those stats they brag about in the truck ads like cargo space and towing capacity? Nobody cares. If it's big and bland they want one.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #47
GrantB

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
This comment roasted both sides of the aisle lmao. At first I was like ah a liberal bringing up MAGA and then I was like wait...NPR slight... a republican?? Lol good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by funked1 View Post
They are usually to busy maga-ing and rolling coal and blue lives mattering to mess with me. Out here in Kalifornia, I get more attention from stanced Tesla 3's with tinted windows. They need to save a whale, listen to NPR and do some hot yoga or something.
GrantB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #48
ArmanSS

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mov Ov3r View Post
Just had a 2020 G63 test me in Carrollton this week , he actually had the slight edge until we came close to a S turn
Dang really? Was it from a start? Were you already just driving down a road? How fast did you wind up going?
ArmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #49
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Dang really? Was it from a start? Were you already just driving down a road? How fast did you wind up going?
I checked their specs and it looks like they have 100 more HP than we do and do 0-60 in close to the same time (they average 4.4 0-60 and we average 4.1) - a simple mistake or starting in the wrong gear and it looks like they can definitely take us.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:13 PM   #50
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
It was from a dig, sitting at the stop light, got up to about 115 before he backed off and I kept going. The S turn is serious, he would have rolled at those speeds. it's a sloping down hill right into an uphill left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I checked their specs and it looks like they have 100 more HP than we do and do 0-60 in close to the same time (they average 4.4 0-60 and we average 4.1) - a simple mistake or starting in the wrong gear and it looks like they can definitely take us.
Off the line the tires were loose like a pencil in a hallway, they hooked probably half way through 1st and by the time I NLS 2nd he had the slight edge, from there it was even.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:58 AM   #51
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
There's something mental going on when some people are passed...They either speed up when you try to pass them, or they speed up after you pass them. I call it the "me first syndrome".
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:56 AM   #52
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
I have way more problems trying to stay away from drivers on their stinkin phones. An absolute menace on the road. Swerving like a drunk speeding up, slowing down....
Old 02-03-2023, 08:04 AM   #53
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 TransAm that never was View Post
There's something mental going on when some people are passed...They either speed up when you try to pass them, or they speed up after you pass them. I call it the "me first syndrome".
I was on the interstate the other day and had that happen multiple times with the same idiot. Running along at 70mph using Super Cruise. The truck runs up on a car and does a lane change to pass. I get up to his door and he speeds up. The truck moves back over. Within a mile or two, same thing happened. Traffic was light and I was in no hurry. Happened a 3rd time with the same result. Idiot.. He then exited. I'm sure it would have continued.
By the way, I really like Super Cruise.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:55 AM   #54
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Careless driving is only going to continue to increase the more people on the road with the same lax driving standards. The road is one of the most obvious examples of a persons morals and ethics on display for all to see. As you can tell, these days, most people are stupid or just don’t care about anything but themselves.

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:16 AM   #55
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
It happens everyday, you pass someone and they speed up and ride your bumper until their wife starts screaming at them then they back off and slow back down. I ignore them.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:16 AM   #56
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Careless driving is only going to continue to increase the more people on the road with the same lax driving standards. The road is one of the most obvious examples of a persons morals and ethics on display for all to see. As you can tell, these days, most people are stupid or just don’t care about anything but themselves.
It's a shame, but you're definitely right. People on their phones, both while driving and at traffic signals.

People who fail to signal turns, guess all that effort to flip the turn signal is just too much, better to save their energy and let the person waiting to turn out just sit there.

People dawdling along in the passing lane.

People driving right next to each other at the same, below the limit, speed.

People tailgating even though they can see there's a car in front of you that is keeping you from driving any faster.

And of course the previously mentioned 'me first' drivers who don't really want to drive particularly fast, but also get seriously offended if someone else passes them.

All of Atlanta has these people, but some areas seem to be more richly endowed than others.

Fortunately we're equipped with some universal sign language equipment which I've found myself deploying more frequently over the last few years.

Heaven help the person who decides to do anything about it because my patience is pretty much at an end
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote