#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #183
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
If it’s not n/a, leave the Z/28 badge off it, especially if it’s just a package on the ZL1.
Last I checked, the Z/28 began as a package. And I’m pretty sure it was available with the ZL1 engine, but I may be wrong on that part.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #184
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
I will be at Daytona and I’m sure someone on the forum will actually be invited to a release if it happens. I was stoked to see the ZL1 1LE in person last year. We got free suite tickets for the Truck and Xfinity races and yet I was most excited for the reveal of the new Camaro.

As for what the car will be, I now think that it will have an LT5. Sorry N/A fans(I’m one too), but horsepower wins on the Nürburgring, in marketing, on paper, at the drag strip, and on many race tracks.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #185
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Stumbled across these pics on FaceBook.

Not sure how much I would dig into this but, I can sure say that those brakes are nice. Carbon ceramic brakes, me thinks?
Attached Images

About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #186
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
Last I checked, the Z/28 began as a package. And I’m pretty sure it was available with the ZL1 engine, but I may be wrong on that part.
RPO Z/28 initially included the MO/DZ 302 67-69, then LT1 70-73. ZL1 was 1/4 mile app and a stand alone RPO(engine),which when added more than doubled the price of a base camaro. Only time that was exceed was the Gen 5 Z, which added 45K!
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #187
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
i'm with you,but for them to make a specific NA motor just for a limited production model would not fly economically. They go LT5, CCB's,take some weight off, comes in low eighties and does a sub seven minute ring time it will sell. Plug and play on the ZL1 Platform. They will need to answer the GT500, and this would fit the bill. Everyone wanted a gen 5 1LE with an LS7 option, we got the Z. Just can't see them making a mid level Z at this point.
That would surprise everyone including Ford. I don't see them being able to lose weight with the LT5 but with that level of power they wouldn't need to.

Anyway, it looks like this car from April 2016 without the cladding. You can still see where the cladding was attached on these new photos. Why no spoiler?
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447356
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #188
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
That would surprise everyone including Ford. I don't see them being able to lose weight with the LT5 but with that level of power they wouldn't need to.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447356
Maybe they'll offer it with no back seat,lol. Could be an emissions mule..non descript sans aero..if not for those brakes. Still, could just be a couple of lads playin in the basement with a non vin house car.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #189
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
Sure, it was a package, just like any other RPO, but it wasn't an option on a different package, like the 1LE package.

The Z/28 had the DZ302, LT1 350 and LS7 427. Never had the ZL1 427.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:13 AM   #190
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
In the images we see all the makings of a Z/28.

- LT headlights
- Carbon Ceramic brakes
- No sensors on the bumpers

It honestly feels these images were deliberately posted. Why no direct shot of the front, they clearly could have and did walk around the car. Also the one images seems to truely show a placement for a Z/28 badge.

The big factor is, why no camouflage? I think a Z/28 is coming, but when... is the refresh 19 or 20?
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:04 AM   #191
SliChillax

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10, F-Type R, RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
In the images we see all the makings of a Z/28.

- LT headlights
- Carbon Ceramic brakes
- No sensors on the bumpers

It honestly feels these images were deliberately posted. Why no direct shot of the front, they clearly could have and did walk around the car. Also the one images seems to truely show a placement for a Z/28 badge.

The big factor is, why no camouflage? I think a Z/28 is coming, but when... is the refresh 19 or 20?
At this point it's obvious that if a Z/28 exists, it's going to be the refreshed model. They wouldn't release it now and update it again in 6 months. Gen 5 Z/28 came out after the refresh.
SliChillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:43 AM   #192
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
It has the ZL1-1LE fascia so it's reasonable to believe its supercharged. The prototype LT5 would have been available for testing at the same time as the LT4 so doing it at the same time would save development money. Perhaps no spoiler because something more extreme is coming and its larger proportions would have been obvious and overshadowed the ZL1-1LE

A LT5, CCB Camaro would be a nice planned answer to what they knew Ford would do with the GT500.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #193
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I'm not going to say whether I think this is or is not a Z/28 mule, but I keep seeing all of the LT5/LT7 talk in here and I honestly think you guys are flat out wrong. Big Al has already said that the Z/28 will stay N/A so I think they are going to stick with that, the same way they have stuck with manual only for the 1LEs.

I'm sticking with the prediction I made months ago and I think some of the new info/pics we have gotten supports my theory. So by now we have all seen the leaked CAD images for the new engines in the upcoming mid-engine Vette right? Well not only was there the Twin-Turbo one there is also an N/A one as well! I truly believe that if a Z/28 is coming it will share a new N/A engine with the mid engine Vette, and this "lower tier" engine for the Vetter will still probably be somewhere in the region of 550hp. It makes total sense, Chevy will need a cheaper engine option for the new Vette to keep the base price down since the new platform will be more expensive overall and this is the perfect opportunity for the Z/28 to get it's power plant!!!

Unlike a lot of people here (and like some others I have seen) I hope the Z/28 is not the "halo" car of this generation, because I want it to be a streetable car. If they try to out do the performance of the ZL1 1LE it will be a track only car for sure, at least you want want to drive it on the street. Basically an SS 1LE with some more Aero, the DSSVs, CCBs, and a 500-550 HP N/A powerplant sourced from the C8 would be ideal in my mind, and I think it could be priced similarly to a ZL1 as to not break the bank like the last Z/28 did. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #194
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I'm not going to say whether I think this is or is not a Z/28 mule, but I keep seeing all of the LT5/LT7 talk in here and I honestly think you guys are flat out wrong. Big Al has already said that the Z/28 will stay N/A so I think they are going to stick with that, the same way they have stuck with manual only for the 1LEs.

I'm sticking with the prediction I made months ago and I think some of the new info/pics we have gotten supports my theory. So by now we have all seen the leaked CAD images for the new engines in the upcoming mid-engine Vette right? Well not only was there the Twin-Turbo one there is also an N/A one as well! I truly believe that if a Z/28 is coming it will share a new N/A engine with the mid engine Vette, and this "lower tier" engine for the Vetter will still probably be somewhere in the region of 550hp. It makes total sense, Chevy will need a cheaper engine option for the new Vette to keep the base price down since the new platform will be more expensive overall and this is the perfect opportunity for the Z/28 to get it's power plant!!!

Unlike a lot of people here (and like some others I have seen) I hope the Z/28 is not the "halo" car of this generation, because I want it to be a streetable car. If they try to out do the performance of the ZL1 1LE it will be a track only car for sure, at least you want want to drive it on the street. Basically an SS 1LE with some more Aero, the DSSVs, CCBs, and a 500-550 HP N/A powerplant sourced from the C8 would be ideal in my mind, and I think it could be priced similarly to a ZL1 as to not break the bank like the last Z/28 did. Just my 2 cents.
This guy get's it ^ A 1LE on steroids with a different engine IMO would be the perfect Z/28. it does not need to be the halo model
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #195
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This guy get's it ^ A 1LE on steroids with a different engine IMO would be the perfect Z/28. it does not need to be the halo model
That exact formula is basically the only thing I would consider trading my 1LE on! it would be amazing!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #196
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
To me this looks like a car they drive around to F*** around with ford, I see this car as a false flag to get into the heads of the engineering team for the mustang, they drive that around with camo on the car, think about it your adding down force to the front of the car but not the rear, relay, where does that work, the V8 Camaro is a 54/46 split, so they needed more down force in the rear on the 6th gen.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote