Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-24-2023, 10:56 AM   #15
WorthFlorida

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS Convertiable
.8 hours is just the labor time. Check in the vehicle and it could be 30 minutes. Then the vehicle gets parked. The service order is placed on a rack for the mechanics. But there are other vehicles ahead of you. Finally your vehicle is driven into a service bay, but wait, it's break time. An hour later your vehicle is moved to a parking spot, may get a free wash. The mechanic hangs up the service order. Now someone has to get the paper work and you get texted or paged. Four hours later you have your vehicle back.

It's why I get my oil changed at Valvoline. Usually wait over two hours for an oil change at the dealers.
WorthFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 06:10 PM   #16
GroverDill

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Mine goes in on the 10th, service advisor told me to expect 2 hours of waiting time
GroverDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 12:24 PM   #17
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Having a dealer **** with my car scares the shit out of me.

I know, I know... plenty of good dealers and plenty of bad stories.
That's an under statement.
Watch this.MY $20,000 CARBON FIBER WHEELS ARE CRACKED... YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHY!
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 01:03 PM   #18
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Got the notification for my wife's 22 Blazer late last summer. Called the dealer we purchased from and said they would order the parts and call us for the install. They never did. Got a notification from GM about the parts on my 22 Camaro ZL1. Called the dealer I got that car from. Dealership in the process of changing hands so you can imagine the results.

Moved to Georgia a few weeks ago. Got settled, called the closest Chevy dealer. Not a huge dealership, but not a small time one either. I first inquire about a oil change and was politely told they do not do appointments for oil changes. First come, first served she said.

I then inquired about the F/R Park Assist chip retrofit. She transferred me to the Service Department. Another nice enough lady told me does not know why GM sent those letters out because they have not installed 1 single microchip. that they have never even seen one.

I guess its a good thing GM is offering them through 2026. It will probably take that long.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:11 PM   #19
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Had the Parking Assist installed last week. The red lines in reverse can barely be seen. The yellow lines are almost invisible.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:31 PM   #20
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
lines are bright & visible on mine. Only with parking lots would repaint occasionally so I can see the white lines as clearly
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 04:55 PM   #21
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2SS455 View Post
That's an under statement.
Watch this.MY $20,000 CARBON FIBER WHEELS ARE CRACKED... YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHY!
Surprised the guy didn't come up with the obvious; CF wheels should be mounted to the machine by the LUG NUT HOLES WITH LUG NUTS!
Seems like the machine manufacturer should offer a special hub adaptor for this purpose.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 01:52 PM   #22
GroverDill

90 min from check in to done, nothing to report, no problems

I am glad it is done
Old 05-11-2023, 02:42 PM   #23
ColeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthFlorida View Post
.8 hours is just the labor time. Check in the vehicle and it could be 30 minutes. Then the vehicle gets parked. The service order is placed on a rack for the mechanics. But there are other vehicles ahead of you. Finally your vehicle is driven into a service bay, but wait, it's break time. An hour later your vehicle is moved to a parking spot, may get a free wash. The mechanic hangs up the service order. Now someone has to get the paper work and you get texted or paged. Four hours later you have your vehicle back.

It's why I get my oil changed at Valvoline. Usually wait over two hours for an oil change at the dealers.
I put all seasons on my 1le and it took them SIX HOURS.

Also after I called (a different) dealer for the retrofit they said the park assist stuff is still backordered. I call every week to check on it. Maybe 3 weeks since I got the letter
Old 05-11-2023, 07:52 PM   #24
Geese1

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE - 2023 Mazda3 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeD View Post
Also after I called (a different) dealer for the retrofit they said the park assist stuff is still backordered. I call every week to check on it. Maybe 3 weeks since I got the letter
Yeah, I've had the parts on order since I created this thread and I still haven't heard back from the dealership. The service manager did warn me that just because I got the letter didn't mean they could necessarily get the parts in a timely manner.

I bring the Ridgeline to the body shop (which is in the same building) on the 22nd, so I'll probably check with him again then if I haven't heard anything.

4/15/22 - #1100
4/19/22 - #2000
4/22/22 - #3000
4/26/22 - #3000 - TPW 5/23
5/12/22 - #3400 - TPW 5/23
6/18/22 - #4300
7/25/22 - #6000 - Took delivery
5/28/23 - hit 1,500 miles - break-in officially over!
Geese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 06:50 PM   #25
Geese1

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE - 2023 Mazda3 Turbo
Ridgeline appointment at the body shop got pushed back almost a month due to "scheduling issues", so I figured I'd check on the parts for the rear park assist. Service Manager had the Parts Department look into it and apparently these are now on nationwide constraint, with no idea when they'll be available. He did say some dealerships may have some of these stocked up, but the chances of finding one willing to sell/trade are pretty slim, so it looks like I'm back to waiting. Luckily, it isn't something I feel a huge urge to get right away, but I'd like them to be available before the car goes away again this coming winter!

Leave it to GM to send out notices that the part is now available only to throw it on constraint almost immediately...

4/15/22 - #1100
4/19/22 - #2000
4/22/22 - #3000
4/26/22 - #3000 - TPW 5/23
5/12/22 - #3400 - TPW 5/23
6/18/22 - #4300
7/25/22 - #6000 - Took delivery
5/28/23 - hit 1,500 miles - break-in officially over!
Geese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 09:01 AM   #26
ALMN

Drives: 2SS 1LE M6, Palisade Calligraphy
Question to all of you who got their retrofit done.

Does the rear cross traffic alert work now? I m getting mine done in two weeks and all i care about is the rear cross traffic alert when backing up from parking lots. The system suppose to warn you and show direction of the incoming traffic behind you. I care less about distance warnings while parking. People don’t tend to care when a car backs up from a parking spot and assume they have the right away and it is very frustrating. The guy backing up has no visibility so it is wise to wait for that person. Any thoughts guys?
ALMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 09:25 AM   #27
GroverDill

I assume yes because mine makes a buncha noise backing out of the garage, I park close to the right side. To be honest I haven't noticed it anywhere else but then again this is just a toy and i park pretty far away from everyone.
Old 05-20-2023, 09:36 AM   #28
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMN View Post

I care less about distance warnings while parking. People don’t tend to care when a car backs up from a parking spot and assume they have the right away and it is very frustrating. The guy backing up has no visibility so it is wise to wait for that person. Any thoughts guys?
1st, the car coming down the lane DOES have the right of way, but you're right that most times the car backing up can't see a car coming down the lane so it IS wise to wait if you see a car backing out.

2nd, the distance/object alarm is worth it. It saved my bacon a couple years ago, from hitting my wife's car backing into the garage! I came home for a bit to do some stuff with the intention of going back out soon, and my wife (I thought) was at a golf outing. Turns out she got home earlier than expected and was parked in her garage spot. I was backing up quickly and was just going to park in the middle of the garage, and wasn't watching the backup camera on the Infotainment screen. I was using the side mirror to back along the edge of my driveway. I couldn't see her car in that mirror because it was on my passenger side and I was backing using the drivers side mirror. My driveway is single-wide and I have to make a jog to get into my spot just before the opening, so that's why I was watching the edge in my mirror. If the backup alarm wouldn't have gone off I might have backed right into her car!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote