Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-14-2019, 09:43 AM   #15
OneWheelPeel

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS V6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Id rather buy a different car
If you aren’t attached to a particular model then yeah, but at least with the old cars, like fox bodies, third gen f bodies and in my case first gen Miata a lot could be done with just add ons, mainly thinking forced induction, and still have DD dependability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
I'd rather drive a car with no ECM/TCM
Most days I agree with that!
OneWheelPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #16
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
"Whether your vehicle has stock ECU tuning or has aftermarket modifications, our performance chip will adapt to your modifications and provide the tune necessary for your vehicle’s individual setup."

- Damn for $200 it can plug into your OBDII and even determine what mods you have and adjust the tune accordingly in 60 seconds. That's some black magic shit right there.

Also, for shits and giggles I went and looked to see what they had for the Camaro and one of the options asks the car model so I select Camaro SS. The next option asks many cylinders and the options are 4, diesel, 5, 6, 8, 10.... I thought maybe they just didn't delete the options that don't fit the SS (shitty webcode design) but nope, you can order a chip for a 5 cylinder Camaro SS. I am so tempted to **** with the live chat customer service lol.
TRich2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:04 PM   #17
ohyeahjay

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
couple of years ago a buddy and I was looking at the first 2016 around here. Started it up, showed us all the options it had and then lifted the hood. All stock except the "chip" he purchased from the dealership. It was worth 100 HP he said. Could not show us where it was because it was a "special" option and no one was suppose to know about except if you were in good with GM. I told him he was quite special indeed and left. My only regret was not asking him how much extra it cost him.