Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2020, 03:51 PM   #29
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
So I just ran the VIN on GM investigate vehicle history. It shows a salvaged title date 8/1/18. GM branded effective 9/7/18.
Something is Off here. OP says he bought the car in 2017!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #30
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Seems to be a lot off here, between dates in GM system, and of course two different vin #'s.

The OP said he found out the car was from Canada, I know they were assembled in Ontario, assumed he knew that as well, so I thought it was originally sold in Canada, guess not.

Either way, it's kind of scary if indeed true that the OP's car was a salvage car sold as clean title. In this day and age you would think that would be caught long before it got funded by a lender.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:16 PM   #31
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
All gen 5's were made at the GM Oshawa plant in Ontario. Then they got sent to dealerships all over the world. We are all here to help but this story just doesn't make any damn sense.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #32
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
I noticed that you have 2 different vin numbers posted.

https://steadyvin.com/full-view-2G1FE1E38C9170257
thats my vin

this is my car before i got it

http://lease.ly/2g1fe1e38c9120670.html
yeah my bad on that one. i was fallowing the rabbit trail at that point there is a butt ton of black with silver/gray ascent Camaros

the one with the hidden fuzzy pics is mine
then the Country of Origin: CANADA part i thought that ment where it crashed or sold from at auction. where it was built i miss understood that.

i had been awake from 4:35AM the day of this post to 11PM long long long confusing day dealingg with 45 degree this notch to that find center line of tube divide half the diameter of tube and add to the tube notching to it to get proper wing size and strength and making sure your are not creating a shear point to the cage your building for class then to come home and let the im bored voice tell me to type in my vin........

whats done is done it isent tell after the 38c91 on the vin that it changes so quick skimming failed me.
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #33
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Seems to be a lot off here, between dates in GM system, and of course two different vin #'s.

The OP said he found out the car was from Canada, I know they were assembled in Ontario, assumed he knew that as well, so I thought it was originally sold in Canada, guess not.

Either way, it's kind of scary if indeed true that the OP's car was a salvage car sold as clean title. In this day and age you would think that would be caught long before it got funded by a lender.
I miss understood What country of origin was, where it was built. i cought on to that when other auction listed where it was built in canada. and i ****ed up and posted another black/silver ascent LS camaro. Vin numbers are long and hard to remember off the top your head in a cold sweat panic

it doesent make sense to me, and what i have been able to put togeather makes no sense to me at all. i refinanced my car they had to check for this to make sure the value was there.

One of Two thing is going on here.

1 car was crashed and covered up

2 mistaken Vin/duplicate vin/vin copy this does happen. very famious hayabusa Hulk bike out here in CA sold to Youtuber Matthew Cherrington
his bike witch has full build documentation, has the same vin as another bike in his state and the state seized both tell they can find witch one is fake and have it destroyed. no they did not take his bike by force he volintarily gave it up because he cant register it he cant legally sell it and its vin is flagged in the system.

but even the car fax is suspect. the last owner put the least amout of miles and bought the car from car max and Dumped the car after 1 year at some tiny used car lot down off the 405 freeway. this car originally sat for 6 month at 19 grand then dropped to 16,500$ i put 2000$ down and the loan was for 14500$ less then 23,000 miles sign me up i know somethings wrong to drop price that much and i did get a check engine light 1st 3 days owning it (evap solenoid 380$ fix)

also my post about how much of a huge difference the strut tower brace made on how the car felt when turning shouldent of made that huge of a difforance its just the GM strut tower brace. but in turns the front felt like it would just lump over and start to plow coming out of turns. i felt i could feel the front just lump over it was very noticeable. add brace car is pointed turning super responsive car feels very tight suddenly same turn i can take 80MPH where 50 mph it would plow like a FWD audi.

all my post about finding touch up paint and perminent marker covering scratches. my drivers door the edge of it is all beat up like it hit a wall every time it was opened. there Was damage that should not be there at that miles. every plastic tab is super brittle on this car ex for New ones on the front bumper. even when removing the front bumper i had a hell of a time trying to get the left front to bolt back up when i changed to projector housings.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:56 AM   #34
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Something is Off here. OP says he bought the car in 2017!
yea, the second vin provided was salvaged 6/2017. I don't get why they are providing two vins
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:26 AM   #35
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
yea, the second vin provided was salvaged 6/2017. I don't get why they are providing two vins
Salvage auctions are notorious for 3 things date of auction and mixing up vin number's or losing paper work. salvage auctions Don't share information with each other as well there not on a network with joes suck salvage auction and copart.
information is always getting updated and older auction might not keep perfect records or have 100% accurate information in them.

the 1st vin is my car. and tracking that one ive seen it sold at GA OH CA hell there are websites only showing the one picture and saying it has a V8 and it was built sold in 2009 take your pic bro
there is websites only devoted to trying to get money out of your pocket for just 3 pictures and a printout of the cars spec and when it sold. these places can see hundreds of cars selling and coming in every day there given what info comes with the car and if that cars sold more then once at auction it makes it harder.

the second one is my fault i did not check the vin closely on that one
Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 AM   #36
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
In your trunk under the carpet on the left side you will find the spid sticker with a vin & you rpo codes. Take a picture & post it if you can. Don't go by the sticker in the door.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #37
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
In your trunk under the carpet on the left side you will find the spid sticker with a vin & you rpo codes. Take a picture & post it if you can. Don't go by the sticker in the door.

Quote:
All gen 5's were made at the GM Oshawa plant in Ontario. Then they got sent to dealerships all over the world. We are all here to help but this story just doesn't make any damn sense.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is an 1865 novel by English author Lewis Carroll It tells of a young girl named Alice, who falls through a rabbit hole into a ...

That story used to creep me out as a kid. Only when I became a young adult did I learn it wasn't supposed to be reality, that was the theme. I still don't understand it. Some things are not supposed to make sense.

In a Philosophy class they would test you; Is it Wonderland that is different or is it Alice' perspective that is different?

Last edited by silversleeper; 07-24-2020 at 02:35 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #38
JustLauren

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit White/Beige
I bought my car brand new, only had 7 miles on him. I ran my vin on this site and it said CAUTION THIS CAR MAY HAVE BEEN SOLD AT AUCTION... Now I know that’s not true.... somethings not right here...
http://vinexaminer.com/vincheck/?utm...FK1EJ6C9179045
JustLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:03 AM   #39
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
They do that to scare people into buying the report. Then the report says something like "Good news, your car has no history" lol.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:07 PM   #40
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLauren View Post
I bought my car brand new, only had 7 miles on him. I ran my vin on this site and it said CAUTION THIS CAR MAY HAVE BEEN SOLD AT AUCTION... Now I know that’s not true.... somethings not right here...
http://vinexaminer.com/vincheck/?utm...FK1EJ6C9179045

Same for me. I paid for the site that you used for $8.99 only to find out that many of the free vin look up sites had the same if not more information. What the site did divulge was the the car was titled in Ca 12/28/12 at 10K miles yet the vin shows build date of may 2013. How could a 2013 car have 10K miles on it 6 months before it was built? Second the web site you quoted did not show who owned the car. The free site that I used told me that the first sold at Hertz Car Sales in Orlando at 5,700 miles $275,000. (some typo). The next sale was at 53K for $33,000 by a Chevy dealer in Long Beach, CA. the third sale was to me here in Washington state for 19K. But it also noted that the car had been sitting on that dealers lot for 2 months. No wonder the price was lowered 7 times. Have you ever seen a pink Camaro before?
Attached Images

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote